[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi folks! Many thanks for the awesome mod, and for all the wonderful information on this forum. First time asking a question, hopefully I'm doing it right, if not please correct me. Three of my fiefs, after destroying the original mine and sending out prospectors, don't allow me to build new mines. I've tried building everything else in the fief, and retraining my stewards, and still no option to build a mine, just to send more prospectors. Some of them are up to 300 mineral value, making it frustrating. What can prevent me from building a mine? I'm wondering if it is caused by tearing out the old mine while the stewards were waiting for their first training session? It only happens in a few of my first fiefs. I'm a monarch, playing 3.95, if either of those matter. Big thanks for whatever help you can offer!

I'm going through the final version, I have a couple of questions:
1. What conditions must be met in order for the gods to start giving skills at the end of the week?
2. The Empire fought with the Syla Uzas, I went into battle, scratched Uzas a couple of times (did not "kill"), and he was captured by me. Is that how it should be?

Has been a while since I have played the mod,before 3.9, but what happened to adventurer parties and rouge knights?So far I have only seen event spawned groups and the normal parties that were in 3.8 seem to be gone.
2. The Empire fought with the Syla Uzas, I went into battle, scratched Uzas a couple of times (did not "kill"), and he was captured by me. Is that how it should be?
Yes .

I don't remember rogue knight parties spawning outside of events. Adventurer parties are fairly uncommon (I think they always were) but can spawn naturally (at least there's not message about them in the log).

I'm trying to find a blunt tip lance. Are some items more likely to spawn in specific towns or town belonging to a specific faction or is it completly random?
Edit for future me: Janos, day 606. Damn that thing is rarer than a netherworld charger.

Last edited:
I last played about 3 years ago and I had some combat options I'm not seeing now. I used to be able to set formations and place troops using a flag icon on the battlefield. Are those still available? I can't seem to remember how to access those commands if they are still there. Appreciate any help.

That's most likely the battle map/radar. I've rebinded it years ago but I think the default shortcut is Backspace.
Or is Backspace the free camera? It should be in in-game options as it's a vanilla thing.

Last edited:
That's most likely the battle map/radar. I've rebinded it years ago but I think the default shortcut is Backspace.
Or is Backspace the free camera? It should be in in-game options as it's a vanilla thing.
The backspace still pulls up the mini map, though it only shows the commands for the F1-F3 keys. There use to be commands that were under at least the F4 key. Even under options it shows the F4-F7 keys as having use, but when I use them nothing happens. I remember being able to form two or more lines and bracing spears, at least. There was a way to call up a flag that you could move around the map and place and your selected troops would move there, it was way faster than using the move 10 spaces forward command and easier to cycle which troops to move.

Oh *that* flag my bad. You can press and maintain F1 to summon it: then aim where you want the selected group(s) to move.
As for troops formations and bracing spears I don't remember that being available in pendor (although I wouldn't mind being wrong on that as it would be handy). The closest thing I can think of is the order to stand closer: troops tend to form multiple lines that way but that's not as neat as formations that I remember from other mods.

Edit: Turns out that there are Tweaks (10k & 10n) to form rows and brace spears.

Last edited:
Oh *that* flag my bad. You can press and maintain F1 to summon it: then aim where you want the selected group(s) to move.
As for troops formations and bracing spears I don't remember that being available in pendor (although I wouldn't mind being wrong on that as it would be handy). The closest thing I can think of is the order to stand closer: troops tend to form multiple lines that way but that's not as neat as formations that I remember from other mods.

Edit: Turns out that there are Tweaks (10k & 10n) to form rows and brace spears.
Thanks, I'll take a look!

Hey guys, coming across what seems like a bug? Not sure though. Ive been playing for 100 days now without a rumour opportunity being offered. I've been running around asking rumours everywhere, but no opportunities either from wanderers or from red brotherhoods in taverns. Has anyone else had this happen? I have rumour interval 4 on character creation (went bard).

Hello. I have a questions with Pendor mod.
I am trying to improve my relations with Noldor by having them attack someone and help them. Problem Is, whenever battle ends they attack me immediatly. I cant escape that, tried many times so I used ctrl + left mouse button only few inches away from them, so I can continue my game normaly. I never cheat and I know there Is penalty for that in pendor. Is this consider cheating? Will I still get rewards from achievments?

Hello. I have a questions with Pendor mod.
I am trying to improve my relations with Noldor by having them attack someone and help them. Problem Is, whenever battle ends they attack me immediatly. I cant escape that, tried many times so I used ctrl + left mouse button only few inches away from them, so I can continue my game normaly. I never cheat and I know there Is penalty for that in pendor. Is this consider cheating? Will I still get rewards from achievments?
What I do to improve Noldor relations is once I get a big enough army, I usually help other factions take town their patrols, knockout as many as I can, take those prisoner, and then when I get a sizable number of them as prisoners (40-50 or so to get it over 20 positive), I start dialogue with them to release them. You get 1+ relations for each one you release, just make sure you do it through their prisoner dialogue or its for nothing.

But as for your question on is teleporting a "cheat" that removes achievements? No, I'm pretty sure that only the ones in combat like ctrl + f4 to knockout or ctrl + h to heal disable cheats. Teleport to your hearts content.

what's the quickest way to get a castle?
That's a very open-ended question. As a vassal, you just have to have a few points in Persuasion so that other lords follow you. Otherwise you need a few hundred renown, maybe closer to 1000. Once they agree to follow you, just siege a castle and you don't even need your own army for this - the other lords will gladly throw their troops at the siege and it will still count as if you had taken the castle and the king will give it to you no problem.

If you don't want to be a vassal, then the answer is as soon as you can hire ~200 hero adventurers.

Hey everyone, I apologize if this answer is clear on the forums or another post on here. I couldn't find it anywhere and felt too lazy to run my own experiments with it lol...

Does anyone know what affects CKO relations? Do they continue adapting to your own relations as they change, or is it set based on the relations you have when you found the first chapter?

Back
Top Bottom