[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it normal for garrisons to reset troops with level ups or specific to the hideout? I put a small stack of crossbowmen in the hideout, half of which were ready to level up and upon taking them out none were ready to level.

Is it normal for garrisons to reset troops with level ups or specific to the hideout? I put a small stack of crossbowmen in the hideout, half of which were ready to level up and upon taking them out none were ready to level.
IIRC troop stacks lose their experience progress when moved out of the player's party.
Only troops in the players party gain experience and progress to upgrade. All other troops in other parties upgrade through scripting, that is cheats that give them immediate experience. NPCs are an exception to this and gain and keep experience normally.
So if you garrison a stack of troops and then take it back, it will have all its experience wiped out. Also note that the XP is kept per troop stack, not individual troops.

I'm doing a female playthrough at the moment and want to find a lord to marry. I've settled on 3-4 good-natured ones with decent castles/cities but all of them gave me the "My lady, there are other maidens who have captured my heart" line. Is it possible to overcome this by improving my relationship with them? I got Hakon Stoutshield from +8 to +19 and he's still babbling about other maidens. Will increasing our relationship pay off at some point or am I better off looking for another option?

Do you guys know how to farm for Foreign Two Handed Sabre? Does Quigfen have one?
Also, I can't seem to get a looters quest from guildmasters, is it cos I'm too high (32) or a vassal?

(Notorious Outlaw is my primary source and that quest spawns 3 or 4 of them in each looter partty)

Been looking around the forums and wiki (im on my phone) and im just getting back into the mod, and im trying to set it up so I can become king of pendor and the noldor by founding my own kingdom, i could be overlooking as im just skimming as im in work atm

Do you guys know how to farm for Foreign Two Handed Sabre? Does Quigfen have one?
Also, I can't seem to get a looters quest from guildmasters, is it cos I'm too high (32) or a vassal?

(Notorious Outlaw is my primary source and that quest spawns 3 or 4 of them in each looter partty)
Seer Favorites have these weapons equipped much more frequently, I'd suggest farming them instead.

All quests are on a cooldown, and the "Deal with looters" is on 30 days by default, that's why. You can change these cooldowns for each quest with the help of tweak 14 a) https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks#Tweak_14_a

Does PoP change damage type and armor calculation?
Found this post , not sure if it applies also to PoP
That armor calculation is outdated. The formula was provided by Armagan himself: link. It was simple and I like old formula. New Warband engine uses different math with exponenta and randomness s**t: link. At first glance it doesn't make sense. But after playing in XLS file with average values I found that it works as intended. Soak_factor subtracts from damage flat armor value and reduction_factor - relative to damage value (the bigger damage the more it reduced). In PoP damage calculation is not changed, i.e. it uses warband engine calculation.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just wondering how quickly a minor faction, particularly the Jatu, will jump up the regression meter from obliterated to a higher tier - and if there's anything the player can do to accelerate this process (other than spamming for rumours and not farming their Warbands/parties).

Thank you.

Hi all,

Just wondering how quickly a minor faction, particularly the Jatu, will jump up the regression meter from obliterated to a higher tier - and if there's anything the player can do to accelerate this process (other than spamming for rumours and not farming their Warbands/parties).

Thank you.
No other way for accelerating their natural spawn tendency. Once reaching 'Obliterated' status, only the Snake Cult and Jatu can regenerate their strength back (slowly). See the changelog of v3.9.0: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-official-3-9-5-changelog.375982/post-8957725

Sorry another question - can I attack a unique spawn that is employed as a mercenary (i.e Syla Uzas) by a neutral faction leader unopposed by the factional lords?

Also does that affect the chances of capturing the unique spawn leader?

Thanks for the reply, is there a rough time period for this process or is it entirely dependent upon RNG?

I love fighting the Jatu lol and would hate to see them disappear forever.
I don't know where to find the responsible code to be able to answer that question

Sorry another question - can I attack a unique spawn that is employed as a mercenary (i.e Syla Uzas) by a neutral faction leader unopposed by the factional lords?

Also does that affect the chances of capturing the unique spawn leader?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/bugs-support-thread-for-v3-9.364981/post-9031124

Last edited:
Are the terrain borders in this mod from an OSP or made by one of the devs? The rolling fields give so much more depth than the vanilla borders that look like you're fighting in a crater.

Had a pretty interesting bug where I, as Marshal of my own faction, led a few lords to defend a siege assault and afterwards (upon returning to the world map) they all ended up in my party somehow.

It was pretty neat having a ridiculous party of over 1500 haha, although it was short lived since when I entered a town they just returned back to their individual parties.

Is there anyway to replicate that? Seems like a pretty cool way to tackle spawns... Thanks.

After looking through the wiki for an issue that came up, it doesn't seem to address it so I wanted to ask here;
During a campaign, I wanted to exchange a fief, a castle, to another lord so I could have a better position for later conquest, however the option to exchange didn't appear as it should be, "I wish to ask you something -> exchange fiefs," neither for the next two lords I wanted to quickly change with but the King, King Ulric, did have that option for two villages. And the lord and the other lords, king included, had at least over 0 or equal relations with me.
The wiki didn't address this issue and couldn't figure out why, maybe because they need more than one fief to consider trading, so want to ask if there's something I'm missing here and address it here.

Back
Top Bottom