[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

took a Qualis Gem from Maltise. But who is she? I literally couldn't find any lore on her. Just some randomass Priestess?
Judging by equipment there's more to her but recently I come across this screenshot on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/images/293
In the description author mentions his own fan-fiction lore for her, and I kinda like how "Maltise" could be just a rearranged word from "Melista". Not sure what possible connections she could have to Vendethiel though, but if you like this theory, you can consider her that.

As king I made two of my companions, Rayne (martial) and Roland (upstanding), lords and I noticed Rayne's relationship was at 0 and Roland's was 40ish. How do you increase your companions relationship when in party?

Ever since the creation of the CKO feature in v3.611, it was never a thing. However, lords may create random-looking mini CKO-s that only have knights with static stats and equipment. Maybe you remembered that?
The level for troop recruitment is 40, only troops below that can be hired from among prisoners. Noldor Warriors are a special exception, as they can't be hired either for being only lvl 36.

Aside from all undead troops, Serpent Priestesses also fall dead no matter what. So as Evelyn said, it's really just user error, as blunts always KO. Unless a troop is scripted to die.

Curious, is that true for weapons that have both blunt and other type of damage, like pierce? I seem to remember some weapons are like that.

Also true for demons and blood witches, they always fall dead.

You have court only when you're a monarch, before that your wife is in the largest fief of your faction or your own. I don't know how game is prioritizing them. Assuming that something is there while your own eyes tell you that there isn't, is a wrong way and no internet search will help you with that.
Wasn't there a way to move your residence? Like you could have your court in one town and set your residence (spouse) in another town?

Curious, is that true for weapons that have both blunt and other type of damage, like pierce? I seem to remember some weapons are like that.
Weapons deal either this or that type of damage, depending on attack type and weapon mode

Wasn't there a way to move your residence? Like you could have your court in one town and set your residence (spouse) in another town?
Nope. Your wife is/was always where your court is once having your own kingdom.

@HunterAlpha1

Every 120 hours, a random value between 0 and 100 (0...99) gets rolled and saved, let's call it "x". Once you defeat a unique spawn, the leader will be captured if x + (prisoner_management_skill * 5) >= 60. In case of lords, the value "x" is rolled after each battle per lord, so the chance to capture them isn't prerolled.

Regardless of the outcome of trying to capture a unique spawn leader, "x" gets immediately reset to a random value between 0 and 100 for the next encounter. This is only done if you participate in that battle, not if some lords wreck the spawn without you. So if you never battle any spawn, that value "x" is only rerolled every 5 days. If you beat up one however, regardless of having actually captured the spawn-leader or not, the value is rolled again, independently of the usual 5-day cycle. It is also worth to note that if either Ithilrandir or Aeldarian is present in a battle against another unique spawn, then "x" is replaced with straight -100, meaning that unique spawns leaders will always escape after such fights.

last time I played pop there was a submod that added different weapons to mines that we could buy for gems, but I cant find that mod now, can anybody link me to that mod if it still exists?

edit: nvm found it The Complete Arsenal of Al-Aziz

Last edited:
If you tell your companions to loot the items in the pool if they loot armor, they seem to go after the most expensive armor and the heaviest armor even if the more expensive armor or much heavier armor has worse stats than the cheaper and lighter armor they are wearing, it is even more annoying for my foot companions, i got sigasmund a nice set of ranger armor but he keeps taking it off for trash heavy armor, so I told him to stop aquiring new armor I did for some others but its a bit annoying as I have to manually swap around their helms, boots, and gloves, and yeah i got high persuasion, skill/books/acheivement and Im trying the 20 companions. which I like, I like the dialog and bickering and banter, but inventory management is becoming more of a pain, is there some tweak around this? Say make a companion only consider armors below a certain weight threshold?

Also i have noticed on foot, high athletics and lower armor weight makes a difference to the units I am fighting against, speed does matter in melee. movement speed, and weapon attack speeds. If I have to knock out spearmen from horse back i would much prefer to take on hordes of sarleon halberdiers than the much maligned ghazi spearmen as i find the faster ghazi spearmen are more likely to hit me and I have less margin of error. Its a bit similar with dervishes and huscarles, the darts have much lower damage but faster throw speed and faster through the air, so they are more accurate vs moving horsemen/me and I have less time to swerve or lift up my shield. Its the same thing in melee, the dervishes seem to have a faster attackspeed/movement and can catch you off guard easier. While the huscarles are much much more tankier Ideally I like to mix the two together. And have some spearmen, and metenheim greatswords, hauptmen, to back them up. If I bother with a infantry line or in sieges. Sometimes the pole arm users can do bad in sieges but if they get in good positions protected by those in front they can kill enemies over and over.

So am I being smart by trying to get a good combination of light weight/protection for my foot companions or should I just focus on stats only and not bother with weight?

Last edited:
If you tell your companions to loot the items in the pool if they loot armor, they seem to go after the most expensive armor and the heaviest armor even if the more expensive armor or much heavier armor has worse stats than the cheaper and lighter armor they are wearing, it is even more annoying for my foot companions, i got sigasmund a nice set of ranger armor but he keeps taking it off for trash heavy armor, so I told him to stop aquiring new armor I did for some others but its a bit annoying as I have to manually swap around their helms, boots, and gloves, and yeah i got high persuasion, skill/books/acheivement and Im trying the 20 companions. which I like, I like the dialog and bickering and banter, but inventory management is becoming more of a pain, is there some tweak around this? Say make a companion only consider armors below a certain weight threshold?

Also i have noticed on foot, high athletics and lower armor weight makes a difference to the units I am fighting against, speed does matter in melee. movement speed, and weapon attack speeds. If I have to knock out spearmen from horse back i would much prefer to take on hordes of sarleon halberdiers than the much maligned ghazi spearmen as i find the faster ghazi spearmen are more likely to hit me and I have less margin of error. Its a bit similar with dervishes and huscarles, the darts have much lower damage but faster throw speed and faster through the air, so they are more accurate vs moving horsemen/me and I have less time to swerve or lift up my shield. Its the same thing in melee, the dervishes seem to have a faster attackspeed/movement and can catch you off guard easier. While the huscarles are much much more tankier Ideally I like to mix the two together. And have some spearmen, and metenheim greatswords, hauptmen, to back them up. If I bother with a infantry line or in sieges. Sometimes the pole arm users can do bad in sieges but if they get in good positions protected by those in front they can kill enemies over and over.

So am I being smart by trying to get a good combination of light weight/protection for my foot companions or should I just focus on stats only and not bother with weight?
The auto equip feature has many flaws since the beginning. There's no tweaks for it and there's no need for such either. If you truly care about a few extra armor points for your companions, then why do you not bother with how they look? They surely don't know how to follow the individual designs you have in mind. Silver helmet with black armor and steel boots? Hooded green helm with non-caped red armor? Yuck. There's only one way to fix this: you manage their inventories yourself.

Yes, you are doing well if you look for lighter armor pieces for your foot companions. Them being able to reach the battle faster and getting the advantage of momentum is much more impactful than a few extra armor points imo. Which is another reason why auto equipping will never be the best option: some prefer heavy armor pieces, either for the looks or the higher stats. And weight is not much in correlation with armor value, or at least it's very inconsistent.

Last edited:
All defending archers appearing as reinforcements will be distributed evenly amongst all archer spawn points; this script treats all soldiers with long range weapons as archers, not just the ones assigned to the archers group; it is savegame compatible, so can be tested any time in the game

The auto equip feature has many flaws since the beginning. There's no tweaks for it and there's no need for such either. If you truly care about a few extra armor points for your companions, then why do you not bother with how they look? They surely don't know how to follow the individual designs you have in mind. Silver helmet with black armor and steel boots? Hooded green helm with non-caped red armor? Yuck. There's only one way to fix this: you manage their inventories yourself.

Yes, you are doing well if you look for lighter armor pieces for your foot companions. Them being able to reach the battle faster and getting the advantage of momentum is much more impactful than a few extra armor points imo. Which is another reason why auto equipping will never be the best option: some prefer heavy armor pieces, either for the looks or the higher stats. And weight is not much in correlation with armor value, or at least it's very inconsistent.

Its become easier to mix and manage once I have become more familiar with the loot and the modifiers for loot, i know what pieces to look out for and to change settings once I get the final piece for that companion. Its my own fault going for 20 companions, the auto equipe is more useful at the start of the game, then once you start getting closer to your endgame equipment you have to do more things yourself.

All defending archers appearing as reinforcements will be distributed evenly amongst all archer spawn points; this script treats all soldiers with long range weapons as archers, not just the ones assigned to the archers group; it is savegame compatible, so can be tested any time in the game

I need to use this, it in the POP options yes? so annoying to have ranged troops in defensive sieges just standing around scratching their balls and not going to the merlons and other firing spots and firing, also for the enemy AI as well, it makes archer cheese easier for attacking sieges.

Back
Top Bottom