[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd recommend using a savegame editor instead. But as I mentioned, increasing your relations with your wife won't change anything, so why bother?
I couldn't stand the idea of my beloved having less than perfect relationship with me. That takes a while but that's one little thing that make sense to me (although on my last playthrough I had to crash her marriage midway to that point).

I am stuck in my mercenary contract and I wish to opt out. How long do they last? And is there a way to quit? I feel like I've been in it for a while, I just want to start my own kingdom now lol.

I am stuck in my mercenary contract and I wish to opt out. How long do they last? And is there a way to quit? I feel like I've been in it for a while, I just want to start my own kingdom now lol.
30 days is the length of each mercenary contract. When it ends, you can always choose to not lengthen it any longer.

Spawns invading Pendor at insane rates. Eyegrim gets re-summoned 2 days max, the Empire has like 4 or 5 snake armies of 900 each. All of this at 117 days.
Is there a way to regulate or configure this rate of invading armies? Is it because I started with campaign ai at "good"?

edit - and I have been destroying this armies.

Spawns invading Pendor at insane rates. Eyegrim gets re-summoned 2 days max, the Empire has like 4 or 5 snake armies of 900 each. All of this at 117 days.
Is there a way to regulate or configure this rate of invading armies? Is it because I started with campaign ai at "good"?

edit - and I have been destroying this armies.
Either enjoy while it lasts, or use tweaks from my signature. I don't think the campaign AI setting influences the spawn rate of unique spawns.

1) 3.9.5 Changelog
" info about next payday will be displayed in the Reports menu (correct date will be presented after 1st game week) "
Does anyone know what this means? I was expecting to see a date displayed on the budget, but there is none. I can't tell that the report is any different than it always was.

2) Does anyone know the logic behind how the list of industries is sorted in the budget report? It is not by date of acquisition. It is not alphabetical. It doesn't seem to be by town size or prosperity. It is not by kingdom... Is there a way to tweak it so that it will sort in some comprehensible manner?

1) 3.9.5 Changelog
" info about next payday will be displayed in the Reports menu (correct date will be presented after 1st game week) "
Does anyone know what this means? I was expecting to see a date displayed on the budget, but there is none. I can't tell that the report is any different than it always was.

2) Does anyone know the logic behind how the list of industries is sorted in the budget report? It is not by date of acquisition. It is not alphabetical. It doesn't seem to be by town size or prosperity. It is not by kingdom... Is there a way to tweak it so that it will sort in some comprehensible manner?
1) Right, I didn't notice this sooner. Something got messed up in the last release, or it got removed without any notification. No matter. I'll readd its tweak version to the Wikia.

2) The order of fiefs listed in the weekly budget report is based on their entry sequence in parties.txt (which is in no particular order aside from towns being 1st, then castles, and finally villages). But creating a tweak for this purpose seems unnecessary to me, as you can overview your budget report just fine as is. This is the first time I see someone being bothered with the order (and I've read a lot of posts since the past ten years). Even so, I don't know of any module operation that allows for strings getting sorted in alphabetical order. Not to mention where would you store all those fief names until they get written out to your screen? I don't think there are enough string registers for this (18 towns, 40 castles, 90 villages), but someone correct me please... It's parties.txt that should get rearranged instead, but it would be a hell amount of work as many code pieces are based on the current order of entries so those would be needed to be adjusted as well. Not really an option without the source code getting recompiled, which would do the readjustment automatically.

1) Right, I didn't notice this sooner. Something got messed up in the last release, or it got removed without any notification. No matter. I'll readd its tweak version to the Wikia.

2) The order of fiefs listed in the weekly budget report is based on their entry sequence in parties.txt (which is in no particular order aside from towns being 1st, then castles, and finally villages). But creating a tweak for this purpose seems unnecessary to me, as you can overview your budget report just fine as is. This is the first time I see someone being bothered with the order (and I've read a lot of posts since the past ten years). Even so, I don't know of any module operation that allows for strings getting sorted in alphabetical order. Not to mention where would you store all those fief names until they get written out to your screen? I don't think there are enough string registers for this (18 towns, 40 castles, 90 villages), but someone correct me please... It's parties.txt that should get rearranged instead, but it would be a hell amount of work as many code pieces are based on the current order of entries so those would be needed to be adjusted as well. Not really an option without the source code getting recompiled, which would do the readjustment automatically.
Because I was trained as a librarian I am perhaps more sensitive than usual to how lists are sorted, but not so much that I would do an unreasonable amount of work to "fix" what is not really a problem. In any case, it helps me to know why things are as they are... so thanks a lot for the information.

The Fierdsvain have no cities or castles, but the game didn't make them defeated and release all the remaining lords. I think this may have happened due the king being a prisoner, but not sure. I saw some lords roaming around afterwards while I waited for them to finally be declared defeated and it never happened and now I don't see any of the lords. Is there anything I can do or is this like a fatal bug and the lords are all gone permanently?

Last edited:
I recent reinstalled to play 3.9.5 last time was a older version.

The problem is only on day 600 i found out the ingame achievments on internet so to get the prizes i entered the menu and has 0 achievments even if by the wiki i already have done a lot of them.

Googling out i found out on reddit that it happened to other people too and the guy recomends uinstall Warband and reinstall them reinstall PoP.

I was thinking that warband isnt needed a reinstall so i only deleted the mod and put PoP again and loaded the saves.

Now its working :smile: just killed Eyegrim and got a STR+1 for wiping out a heretic army, the problem is i lost all the achievments that i already have done the required action?

Like complete 30 quest done when was not working killed 7 spawns also and a lot of other things is there any way to force the game to recheck the required actions if its already done? or i lost forever on the playthrough a great deal of achievments since day 1-600?

What is the best way to rebel and start your own kingdom? I have tried waiting until I was marshall nad my kingdom was at war with 2 enemies, but it took too long and by then there were only 2 other kingdoms and they were too big to deal with.

What is the best way to rebel and start your own kingdom? I have tried waiting until I was marshall nad my kingdom was at war with 2 enemies, but it took too long and by then there were only 2 other kingdoms and they were too big to deal with.

You don't have to be marshall, just a vassal and then just capture castles and/or towns and ask for them until he rejects you and then you can rebel.

OK after i reinstalled pop i got the heretic army achievment but it stopped registering again i beat other armies and didint get any more achievment why it doenst work? i want the intelligence points :sad:

What are the hired assassins that roam the countryside about? They never engage anyone, nobody ever attacks them and they never attack your character. Their numbers are so small that you would have to be basically solo, but then you would just out run them if needed. Seems kinda pointless to even have them spawn.

It would be kinda cool if they ambush you, but not the entire party. Maybe just a few are randomly selected from the party and you have to defeat them in the field. Similar to an ambush in town, but with a few soldiers to help.

Back
Top Bottom