[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

I've added two of the three firearms from the above link to the Custom Knighthood Order equipment purchase menu with tweak 3f, but I haven't figured out how to add the pistol, as the option to choose from a list of pistols isn't present in the conversation menu. Does anyone know how to add a pistol dialogue option to the CKO equipment choices?

This is not the place for this. Use the proper submod thread here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/modding-prophesy-of-pendor-tweaks-and-talk.386332/

Will the high relationship with the tavern keepers give any bonus? Or maybe it does yet?
If it still don't exist can i suggest some bonuses that lower the prices for having a supply chariot or a discount for the wine and the invading armies locations? Or maybe ... a chance to gamble a gem (like the city guildmasters) for a special, rare, but not too good unit, like the outlaw knights of the owl and boar

Will the high relationship with the tavern keepers give any bonus? Or maybe it does yet?
If it still don't exist can i suggest some bonuses that lower the prices for having a supply chariot or a discount for the wine and the invading armies locations? Or maybe ... a chance to gamble a gem (like the city guildmasters) for a special, rare, but not too good unit, like the outlaw knights of the owl and boar
No bonuses by default. But that's a nice suggestion, I noted it down for a future tweak request. How about this? Once reaching +10 relation with a tavernkeeper:
- info to get the sighting report of spawns costs 300 denars (instead of 2000)
- baggage train costs 500 denars (as if you owned a castle)
- buying wine for everyone in the tavern costs 500 denars (instead of 1000, increases town relations)
- buying ale and entertainment for your men costs 5 denars per troop (instead of 10)

Last edited:
Melee items are unused and set as "unique", you don't need to touch them in any way. The three base ones are enough for eveything you may think of. As of Complete Arsenal, yeah, it would require adaptation. Here is adapted version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17csLc6FJvIkZPJWgGQ-2SjKuA7iMOrbZ/view

That's because there is no such helm in 3.9.5. If it was it would be present in item_kinds1.txt in the first place. Post an in-game screenshot of what helm you are trying to find.
How can there not be one if my character is using one and I have found others similar just different color. I’ll post a screenshot

Melee items are unused and set as "unique", you don't need to touch them in any way. The three base ones are enough for eveything you may think of. As of Complete Arsenal, yeah, it would require adaptation. Here is adapted version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17csLc6FJvIkZPJWgGQ-2SjKuA7iMOrbZ/view

That's because there is no such helm in 3.9.5. If it was it would be present in item_kinds1.txt in the first place. Post an in-game screenshot of what helm you are trying to find.

Man I did like you explained and there isn’t any Old Helm With Dark Hood, can only find Dark Hood, is it possible it’s like two Meshes combined or something like that?
So you're saying that there is Old Helm with Dark Hood in your game, but search Old_Helm_with_Dark_Hood finds nothing in item_kinds1.txt? That's impossible. The only case when this would be possible is when there is item_kinds.csv in languages/en folder, which is a nonsense in its core. And you are clearly playing not on clean 3.9.5. In default 3.9.5 this helm is called "Helm with Black Hood", its number is 1028 and its mesh is pa_pop_helmet_19_hood_black5.

Hi. Sometimes a battle is between forces with so many troops and captives that only one force is fully visible to be examined (ex: n archers, m knights).
Any way to examine both forces ? Or at least switch the one that is displayed at the top ?

Hi. Sometimes a battle is between forces with so many troops and captives that only one force is fully visible to be examined (ex: n archers, m knights).
Any way to examine both forces ? Or at least switch the one that is displayed at the top ?

The idea is to make a presentation wich launches from right cliking on a party. But it will take time to do. Presentations are hard to do.

So you're saying that there is Old Helm with Dark Hood in your game, but search Old_Helm_with_Dark_Hood finds nothing in item_kinds1.txt? That's impossible. The only case when this would be possible is when there is item_kinds.csv in languages/en folder, which is a nonsense in its core. And you are clearly playing not on clean 3.9.5. In default 3.9.5 this helm is called "Helm with Black Hood", its number is 1028 and its mesh is pa_pop_helmet_19_hood_black5.
Thank you for the answers. Two things I am playing on clean 3.9.5 I just imported some of the textures that I made previously from other version. Thank you so much for telling me the mesh file. And one silly question after all this, where is the item_kinds1.txt supposed to be? I can’t find it anywhere I can only find the mesh files on my POP folder

Thank you for the answers. Two things I am playing on clean 3.9.5 I just imported some of the textures that I made previously from other version. Thank you so much for telling me the mesh file. And one silly question after all this, where is the item_kinds1.txt supposed to be? I can’t find it anywhere I can only find the mesh files on my POP folder
Answered myself got it. Thanks

I think "Old" is item modifier

King Gregory IV was attacked by another army and lost while the Veccavian mercenaries who were accompanying him stood around and did nothing,. Shouldn't they support him in battle?

King Gregory IV was attacked by another army and lost while the Veccavian mercenaries who were accompanying him stood around and did nothing,. Shouldn't they support him in battle?
I've seen that happen too even when i was the attacker against a king. The merc didn't help.
On the other hand my Jatu merc joined me when numbers were against me and us both ( but probably because he
knew that i'm going to winn due to quality ? ). Maybe they only join when the probability to winn is bigger than a certain
number like 40% or so with them included. Like they run a sim (mini autocalc) to decide if to join or not.
AI does act like a pack, after the king's defeat that merc continues to act like an army for that faction, i think.
I've seen AI sacrificing a lord so that a couple other lords escape. Maybe the king told them to get away.
Sorry i can't offer an "official" (from source) answer. I got involved because i often encountered and though about that too :smile: just like you.
Sometimes they wait outside battle for a lord to pass by and join to turn the tide but they won't join a losing battle if no other lord will help.

Last edited:
Indeed, if the AI for the mercenary company thinks that they can't win with the king and/or with the nearby allied lords together, then they won't join in. The only exception is when the player is involved, in which case your allies within the "engage radius" join you, and the nearby enemy parties join the engaged party as well iirc.

Indeed, if the AI for the mercenary company thinks that they can't win with the king and/or with the nearby allied lords together, then they won't join in. The only exception is when the player is involved, in which case your allies within the "engage radius" join you, and the nearby enemy parties join the engaged party as well iirc.

I did try to help the king but the mercs still sat around and did nothing. Seeing as I was Marshall I though it was a a bit unfair, but then again they wren't my mercs!

Back
Top Bottom