[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

SE4 R@1DER said:
does a scorpion assassin grandmaster also get attacked by scopion assassins bandits in the night?
Yes :lol:

But honestly speaking, during the night, they can't be blamed for not recognizing their grandmaster imo.

Oldtimer said:
FIREARMS

Hi all,

looted myself a bag of bullets. Where/how can I get a firearm? Have not seen bullets/firearms in shops by abt. 145 gamedays.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Also, when you become KO grandmaster, there's a guy (quartermaster) in Snake cult stronghold that sells guns and bullets.

apologies if this has been asked before - is there a summary anywhere of how often and when the game rerolls random values? Especially the capture chance on defeated lords/uniques but im also curious about
1) how often the random factors on merchant trade values change and
2) if you can get the random skill increases while resting in town and camping, just camping, or just while traveling or waiting and approximately how long the mean time to happen or what have you is?

thx in advance (´。• ω •。`)

HigginsObvious said:
apologies if this has been asked before - is there a summary anywhere of how often and when the game rerolls random values? Especially the capture chance on defeated lords/uniques but im also curious about
Here's a bit of info I gathered for the Wikia's Tweaks page: every 120 hours, a random value between 0 and 100 (0...99) gets rolled and saved, let's call it "x". Once you defeat a unique spawn, the leader will be captured if x + (prisoner_management_skill * 5) >= 60. In case of lords, the value "x" is rolled after each battle per lord, so the chance to capture them isn't prerolled.

Regardless of the outcome of trying to capture a unique spawn leader, x is immediately reset to a random value between 0 and 100. This is only done if you participate in that battle, not if some lords wreck the spawn without you. So if you never battle any spawn, that value "x" is only rolled every 5 days. If you beat up one however, regardless of having actually captured the spawn-leader or not, the value is rolled again, independently of the usual 5-day cycle.

It is also worth to note that if either Ithilrandir or Aeldarian Noldor lord is present in a battle against another unique spawn, then "x" is replaced with straight -100, meaning that unique spawns leaders will always escape after such fights.

HigginsObvious said:
1) how often the random factors on merchant trade values change
Not sure what do you mean by that. Merchants restock their merchandise every week, so every 168 hours. Factors like your Trading skill effect applies immediately. The change in prices due to your favorable relation with the town also updates instantly as far as I know. Likewise for prosperity. The prices of trade goods fluctuate by many more factors, such as the shortage or overabundance of the given item. Or if the town produces that kind of goods or not. And if so, how many. But there's no such randomness that you describe iirc.

HigginsObvious said:
2) if you can get the random skill increases while resting in town and camping, just camping, or just while traveling or waiting and approximately how long the mean time to happen or what have you is?
Those random skill bonuses solely happen while you are travelling, and everything is pure random. I had playhtroughs of 700+ in-game days without a single random skill bonus. And I also had 3 happening within 200 days another time. More info: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Random_Events

Ahhhh I see! I assume I have to actually defeat the unique spawn and get the chance to capture them to reroll the value of X for the next one as well?

And OK! so basically prices will update for trade goods upon a caravan/peasant group arriving, me trading a good, or the prosperity of the town changing it sounds like. And they'll also update at the restock due to shortages/overabundance or the obvious value changes when I buy or sell a good, simple enuf ^.^

And only traveling huh. Makes sense, it'd be pretty lame to be able to afk camp in a relatively safe spot for years in game until my skills maxed out XD

Many thanks for the detailed answers!

HigginsObvious said:
Ahhhh I see! I assume I have to actually defeat the unique spawn and get the chance to capture them to reroll the value of X for the next one as well?
Reread the above. If you don't don't fight with any unique spawn, then the capture chance gets rerolled every 5 days :roll:

And my pleasure :grin:

The Old Ruins.

How carefully should I search? I`ve spent several RT hrs there, never found anything. After leaving in frustration I just get the message abt. searching "more carefully". How much is "more" and how careful is "careful"? So it boils down to where should I look and perhaps when should I look. I understand that if anyone answers it should be as a spoiler. I`m perfectly willing to spoil that quest, BTW.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
The Old Ruins.

How carefully should I search? I`ve spent several RT hrs there, never found anything. After leaving in frustration I just get the message abt. searching "more carefully". How much is "more" and how careful is "careful"? So it boils down to where should I look and perhaps when should I look. I understand that if anyone answers it should be as a spoiler. I`m perfectly willing to spoil that quest, BTW.

Rgds, Oldtimer
Even more spoilers if that's not enough: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/The_Old_Tale_(Parts_1_and_2)

Only the oldtimers don't read the Wikia it seems  :iamamoron:

IconracI said:
House on the far right, inside, next to the skeleton. There is even arrow <--- on the ground pointing in the right direction.

Well,

I`ve been there before posting my query...

THX for your attn, anyway.

Oldtimer

Gorvex said:
Oldtimer said:
The Old Ruins.

Rgds, Oldtimer
Even more spoilers if that's not enough: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/The_Old_Tale_(Parts_1_and_2)

Only the oldtimers don't read the Wikia it seems  :iamamoron:

They never do since they are not IGGs...

Two questions:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Is there now some kind of a "cap" on how many fiefs a player can own? (as a vassal). I remember long time ago I was sure to rebel if I asked for more than 3 towns. I also remember sb saying, that it's max 10 "points of fiefs" (a combination of: 3 for a city, 2 for a castle, 1 for a village) and "you cannot get more". Apparently it's not true anymore - I'm playing again now, and after my "rebelion attempt" I ended up with 4 cities, 3 castles and a village full of peasant simpletons...  I basically own most of former Baccus Empire and still a vasal...  :shock:

High controversy didn't work either - had to fight enemy lords to prevent them from taking my walled fiefs and it brought the controversy down (I was "too controversial" when asking for a fief, but by the time Urlic made the decision I was "OK")  :sad:

My renown is probably the "problem" (4,5k) but is fief ownership somehow "capped"?

[*]
If I train the village steward to max his building skills and give the fief to a lord, will that AI lord utilise it? Will they build all available improvements?
[/list]

1. Super advance POP artificial intelligence figured out your plot and will easily block your betrayal by giving you fief after fief after fief... There is no way you will take all your shiny towns and castles, full of Noldor Twilight Knights, with you to form new kingdom. Your king says: "No, no".
2. AI builds/repairs improvements randomly. Steward training is not important.

I started a new save on the latest build/patch and was roaming around Ravenstern with the marshal when the gods granted me a bow. It was considerably stronger than my last bow and I have yet to see one in the shops stronger than it, but my question is; how often will the gods see fit to grant players weapons? Is it a once per save thing, or absolutely random?

Also, when the announcement comes up that a lady was kidnapped, how can I figure out where she was kidnapped to and by whom? All the announcement said was that she was kidnapped from her castle, didn't even mention who had taken her. Would there be any hints in the game?

Mr. Ape said:
Is the black unicorn helmet available in stores?
Yes, in all towns. The closed version has an abundance of 15, while the open version has an abundance of 2. Good luck finding the latter...

Judd said:
I started a new save on the latest build/patch and was roaming around Ravenstern with the marshal when the gods granted me a bow. It was considerably stronger than my last bow and I have yet to see one in the shops stronger than it, but my question is; how often will the gods see fit to grant players weapons? Is it a once per save thing, or absolutely random?
There's only one such weapon, which is the Ullr'Vetr Manifest. It is given to you once you get close enough to Wolfbode the Slayer for the first time. The acquiring radius is around the distance between Sarleon and Singal, so you'll most likely get it before even sighting Wolfbode. Once Wolfbode gets defeated, the bow disappears.

Judd said:
Also, when the announcement comes up that a lady was kidnapped, how can I figure out where she was kidnapped to and by whom? All the announcement said was that she was kidnapped from her castle, didn't even mention who had taken her. Would there be any hints in the game?
Doesn't the quest log say which lord is the kidnapper? Iirc it does.

Back
Top Bottom