[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

MetalCh3 said:
I don't really know but I doubt it. I remember only getting that achievement if I manually click and attack the stack, even if lords join, it's counted towards the achievement. It's easiest to get when you're the marshall and assembling an army.

Yeah, I kind of suspect that it would work the same way as the "defeat x army" achievements, where it only counts if you start the battle yourself

dani26795 said:
Does defending a town from the siege of a unique spawn count towards the "Defeat 7/15 unique spawns" achievements?
I did that in the early days of my current save, defending Marleons from the 3 seers, so I'd like to know if that made it still count.

You have to be the initial belligerent to make a count. In siege, the town is, not you. 

I'm late into the game with 1800 renown. But right now it honestly doesn't seem you can survive late game in this mod. I am losing over 10k every single week. I have an enterprise in every single city, I own 1 city and 1 castle, both with 100 garrison, and even those tiny garrisons use up all the money because fiefs don't give any money in pendor.

To get prisoners I need to have a cko with blunt weapons. To get a cko with blunt weapons I need money, which I don't have.

I have 10 looting yet killing things doesn't give me anything. I get maybe 1-3k per enemy, which is useless and runs out immediately.

How the hell do you even play on this mod? Has nobody ever gotten to the late game?

If you really need money, leave all your army in your garrison and solo Vanskerries for a while, just circle them until they run out of ammo, then shoot them all in the head or lance them. With max loot you are going to get lots of nice loot you can sell for several thousand denars after each battle.

Winning tournaments nets you 6k-19k denars benefits (9k-22k prize minus 3k spent gambling) depending of how long you won in that town last time. During feasts you can join tournament about 3-4 times a day in the same city.

Hell, even the arena melees net you 2k whenever you survive the whole thing. If you are high level you should be able to knock out the others in 1 hit, and can try them whenever you want with no penalties for failing.

I am currently at day 800 and have over one million ducats in my purse while losing/gaining 1k a week. I control only one city with a garrison of 600 Ravenstern Kierguards/Rangers/Highlanders. Suppose thats because I opened up enterprises in every city execpt D'Shar territory super early and attended every tourney I could. Also, when I pledged myself to one kingdom, I'd fight as many battles as I could and capture as many foreign nobles as possible - particularly in sieges. Then when I finally became a marshall I could afford auto-calcing battles because we brought like three thousand men into every fight, which in turn translated into huge pools of prisoners that sold on average for 10k. There's also an option to ransom hero spawns for 100k, providing you can take on them.

I dont know your situation in-depth, but I assume you went ham too early or something else.

More of a question towards devs, do you ever plan to include other parts of Pendor universe in future installments or perhaps Bannerlord? I'd really like to see Amala, Barclay, Mettenheim, Veccavia etc...

A few tips:

- Drop your party into the garrison just before payday (happens every 7 days, in the morning) to halve their wages
- Bet and win tournaments you come across
- Get 10 Prisoner Management asap for maximum amount of prisoners takable and for highest chance to capture unique spawns
- Get troops with blunt weapons for prisoner hunting: all your companions, the whole Inquisition troop tree, Sarleon Recruit, Sarleon Cavalry, Sarleon-Ravenstern-Pendor Man-at-Arms, Ravenstern-Pendor Knight, Sheriff, Mystmountain Shaman, Mettenheim Regular Infantry, Eventide-Ebony Gauntlet-Radiant Cross knight and sergeant, and a few more.
- Tell lords to go into one of your walled fiefs, or call for feasts often as king/queen. The lords coming in will leave their prisoners in your garrison. Sell them for profit.
- Capture and ransom the enemy lords (and kings) that you don't want to have in your future kingdom (i.e. the ones with bad personality such as bad-tempered, sadistic, pitiless and cunning. Although the latter type is manageable after he gets 3 fiefs)
- Get high looting skill, fight, and sell the loot
- Optimize your garrisons: maximum 300 top-tier (lvl 26 < x < lvl 36) factional troops on foot (not mercenaries), or 500 medium-tier (lvl 15 <= x <= lvl 26 troops for towns. Half of that for castles
- Or, have no garrisons at all, and focus on attacking instead of defending your fiefs. After all, if you take fiefs faster than you lose them (Engineeer 10+4 ftw), then you're golden and you'll win the war
- Get 10 Leadership asap to reduce your wages (-50% with 10 Leadership)
- Buy an enterprise in every town (you already did that)
- Befriend minor bandit factions (help them in fights) in order to greatly lessen the attack on your peasants and trade caravans. That way, they will almost always reach their destinations safe and sound, increasing prosperity and your fief income eventually.
- Don't get any tax inefficiency: maximum 4 towns, or 3 towns and 2 castles/villages on good campaign AI
- Or, f*ck tax inefficiency with an overdose of opulent fiefs.
- Speaking of which, I recommend you to try this out once: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=326944.0

Chasseur said:
More of a question towards devs, do you ever plan to include other parts of Pendor universe in future installments or perhaps Bannerlord? I'd really like to see Amala, Barclay, Mettenheim, Veccavia etc...
PoP v4.0 is meant to be that way on Bannerlord afaik. But Bannerlord has to get released first before the actual work can begin...

Flazz said:
I'm late into the game with 1800 renown. But right now it honestly doesn't seem you can survive late game in this mod. I am losing over 10k every single week. I have an enterprise in every single city, I own 1 city and 1 castle, both with 100 garrison, and even those tiny garrisons use up all the money because fiefs don't give any money in pendor.

To get prisoners I need to have a cko with blunt weapons. To get a cko with blunt weapons I need money, which I don't have.
There must be something wrong, very wrong; in my game, day 252, I have 6 enterprises (velvet), Laria, one castle & three villages. Castle has 600 garrison, Laria has 700, my army 170 soldiers (I can have up to 262) and I "lose" 4.000per week
I have 10 looting yet killing things doesn't give me anything. I get maybe 1-3k per enemy, which is useless and runs out immediately.

How the hell do you even play on this mod? Has nobody ever gotten to the late game?
Those numbers don't make sense... I have 6 velvet enterprises, 1 town, 1 castle & 3 villages, and 1400 garrison mixing both walled fiefs. I only lose 4000 weekly, which I easely cover with loot/tournaments/prisoners....what's your leadership?

I personally think that as it is, the game focuses too much on grinding money. There's so much more to be explored and done... I don't think that you should spend all day grinding to support your army. I like being able to field huge armies, and have giant garrisons as well. I tweaked the amount of denars enterprises give to fix this problem (made them give 5-10x as much). There's other ways to do it, such as reduce wages, but I would recommend just increasing your income. You can do this with a basic tweak to game files, which can be found here if you just google "Pendor tweaks." I'd link it but I can't post links yet.
Search under Economy

In PoP you can swim in money. Or you can blame the game for whatever you want. Any game. For anything. If you're so miserable and hopeless then you can always export/import character and type in 50M gold.

WorldCreator said:
I personally think that as it is, the game focuses too much on grinding money. There's so much more to be explored and done... I don't think that you should spend all day grinding to support your army. I like being able to field huge armies, and have giant garrisons as well. I tweaked the amount of denars enterprises give to fix this problem (made them give 5-10x as much). There's other ways to do it, such as reduce wages, but I would recommend just increasing your income. You can do this with a basic tweak to game files, which can be found here if you just google "Pendor tweaks." I'd link it but I can't post links yet.
Search under Economy

I don't really agree with you; I complained not long ago (when I started playing PoP) about this, because my maths didn't match, but reallity is, at least in my games, that I don't really struggle with money issues at all. I open a velvet enterprise whenever I have a chance (day 260 something or so, and "only" 6 enterprises), I have Laria+1 castle+three villages, and even when they are not fully upgraded at all, and counting 700+ garrison in Laria + 600 or so in the castle, I "only" lose around 4.000-5.000 every week, which means, I literally earn a lot of money, because one single tournament with bets cover the expenses of 4 weeks, thus, all the loot I sell and all the prisoners are "free money".

Of course, I can't be lazy, I'm upgrading my CKO (not using them yet, only bought 1+arrows and boots) but I'm not spending the whole time grinding, not at all; I thing the main problem could be timing, because if you (not "you", but anyone) want to have access to all the content in one single year... well, that most probably will not work at all. I feel PoP games are meant to last two years at least, so patience is adviced.

Coming back after a while and I see there's a new update on its way.
If my memory serves me right I remember someone saying that 3.9.3 will be the last update for PoP.

Will PoP development continue after 3.9.4 as well?

Plasquar said:
Coming back after a while and I see there's a new update on its way.
If my memory serves me right I remember someone saying that 3.9.3 will be the last update for PoP.

Will PoP development continue after 3.9.4 as well?
No one can answer that question in advance. It all comes down to willpower, skill, tenacity, interest and time to continue developing PoP. As long as there are people who care about this project, it won't stop. The source code can be passed on with saxondragon's (and MitchyMatt's I presume) permission to a new team if it will ever show up. Of just continue the development in form of tweaks with .txt files getting released.

What Evvv meant was that v3.611 was also planned to be the last version by its time, but then came Konrad, snouz, Mordred and MitchyMatt as a new team, so the source code got passed to them and the development continued towards v3.7 and onwards.

v3.9.3 was planned to be the last major version for a while, but it was also foreseeable that a bugfix patch will come for it eventually, to fix the things reported in the meantime. And apparently, that "bugfix" turned out to be a little bigger (due to Konrad and MitchyMatt not losing interest), with extra content and new features :iamamoron: :party:

As always, a nice and helpful answer.
Thank you Gorvex.
winkende-smileys-013.gif

Back
Top Bottom