[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Due to forum page count and corresponding TW Forum policy, the old QQ/QA thread was closed by necessity. This thread shall serve as a successor, where you may ask questions that you don't feel (or, well, aren't) deserving of their own thread.

The old thread is preserved here.

The general idea is to ask a question, and to answer the questions of others if you have such knowledge.

Happy quest(ion)ing!

That's not really a question, and doesn't have enough information for people to be able to answer helpfully. Were you just recently (within this pay period or so) assigned the village? Was the village recently raided? Does this continue across multiple different pay periods?

I have to pay 250K a week and I really don't care constantly increasing treasury so formulate question properly. In general answer is "learn how to play" - don't have unnecessary soldiers, focus on capturing prisoners. As monarch you can fight with allies to capture more and your low charisma will not matter so even dumb ogre character can have money to pay for troops.

How are rents from fiefs calculated?

If a village fief belonging to someone other than the player is raided, what effect(s) does it have?  What if it is a fief that was assigned to no one?

Don't count on income from fiefs at all - they're not for income but to serve as bases for troops. If fief isn't yours - it's not your problem what happens with it. Though you still will pay for garrison in unassigned fief so there's no point in not assigning towns/castles to yourself.

sher said:
Don't count on income from fiefs at all - they're not for income but to serve as bases for troops.
About the utility of fiefs, fair enough.  Still, how is it that a castle generates more rent than a city when their prosperity levels are both high?
sher said:
If fief isn't yours - it's not your problem what happens with it. Though you still will pay for garrison in unassigned fief so there's no point in not assigning towns/castles to yourself.
What effect(s) would a village fief that is raided by an enemy have if the fief belongs to someone else?  Does the individual's wealth decline?  Is there a relationship level with the village that deteriorates, and would this have any impact on their ability to recruit troops?

Rellum12 said:
Is it possible to access your inventory when besieging somewhere? I know you can do it when defending.
In the menu before starting battle, both the player character's inventory and the party window can be accessed with the relevant hotkeys.

Edit:
If that question was instead about being able to access the inventory chest during a siege assault, not all assaults will have a chest available.  Unless there are exceptions, those with one will have it near the player character's starting position.

I'm marshal and I have in total a force of about 1800, but my all my allied lords run away when Maltise approaches with an army of 1000. How am I ever going to battle her? Do I just get more lords?

thelir said:
I'm marshal and I have in total a force of about 1800, but my all my allied lords run away when Maltise approaches with an army of 1000. How am I ever going to battle her? Do I just get more lords?

Try during the night, the lords have reduced vision so if you approach her and engage they will join instead of running away.
Or hold a feast, kite her to the fief and then via a companion use the option to start a campaign, the moment the lords leave the fief engage her :smile:

I normally speak to each lord & ask them to follow me, I don't know if it has any affect on who follows you into battle it's just something I've always done  :meh:

I have completed the Grandmaster Quest for the Knights of the Raven Spear. It said that it would take 2 months to repair the castle. Does it ever become like a fief and allow me to train/employ knights of the Raven Spear or is it just a convenient resting place where I can get supplies and improvements to my weapons?

Rellum12 said:
I have completed the Grandmaster Quest for the Knights of the Raven Spear. It said that it would take 2 months to repair the castle. Does it ever become like a fief and allow me to train/employ knights of the Raven Spear or is it just a convenient resting place where I can get supplies and improvements to my weapons?
You will be able to deploy 3 medium KO patrols to the designated fief's area. And you can rename the Stronghold. That's all beside upgrading equipment and buying supplies.

P.S.: But if you think that it's not enough, then you can access the garrison of the Stronghold to keep reserve troops there for free, and receive an honorary reward to upgrade one of your horses to 'champion' state with tweaks 3/a) and 3/c) respectively, found here: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks

I am lord of D'shar but Windriders(D'shar factional order) and singalian knights still hate me.I always catch by them and they will kill my entire army.I cant find their armies in fight and I cant defeat them with cheat because they fight for our side and you know there is a achievement.So what should I do?

Krotos said:
I am lord of D'shar but Windriders(D'shar factional order) and singalian knights still hate me.I always catch by them and they will kill my entire army.I cant find their armies in fight and I cant defeat them with cheat because they fight for our side and you know there is a achievement.So what should I do?
Get these books from the mentioned units/parties:
https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Snake_Cult_Rituals
https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Heretic_Writings
And give them to Windriders by batches of 3, until you get to at least neutral relations. As for Singalians, join battles on their side when they fight Empire or Sarleon parties and you'll be able to raise your relations to at least 0, so that they will stop attacking you.

I wonder why I can't command some archer units while defending siege. Some archers are commandable but some just go to one point and accept only hold your fire/fire at will command. Sometimes 20-50 archers try to go into one point and are colliding with each other, while only 10% of them are shooting. It's very stupid.

Is it a mod problem or with the game and is there any way to fix it?

Are companies hired by monarchs (e.g. the Unicorn Knights) not supposed to follow you into battle if you are the marshal? Whenever I besiege a fief with King Gregory accompanying me, with a company accompanying him (that's a mouthful), the company kinda just sits there.

Also is there a way to disable my troops from charging when I'm knocked unconscious? There's other mods let you do this but there doesn't seem to be an option in PoP. I know I can tell them to hold with backspace but I still don't want them to go out of position.

Back
Top Bottom