[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Upon launching the game I get the message:

RGL ERROR, unrecognized resource type rfver.

Is this fixable ???

IconracI said:
Update Warband (check files integrity, if on Steam). Redownload POP (resubscribe, if on Steam).

Can't do on Steam (running Windows XP). I installed everything afresh, same result. any guesses ?

madboy said:
IconracI said:
Update Warband (check files integrity, if on Steam). Redownload POP (resubscribe, if on Steam).

Can't do on Steam (running Windows XP). I installed everything afresh, same result. any guesses ?

Query..are you running Warband or Mount&blade?  What version?

Where did you download from?

"Query..are you running Warband or Mount&blade?  What version?

Where did you download from?"

I downloaded the full installation version 1.174 from Taleworld pages. Surely, it is Mount and Blade Warband. Later, unpacked POP 3.9.3 into \Modules.
The mod is selectable in the menu, but the error comes up past intro sequence.

The installation file is mb_warband_seup_1174.exe

like such http://pl.tinypic.com/r/24mrtsh/9

So I normally download PoP (& others) from nexus or moddb, but the first time I loaded PoP from Steam I lost all my characters after an update  :facepalm:
Is there a way to disable/select updates for PoP on Steam, I have had a look but nothing looked relevant.

Nope, as far as I know, you can't disable the auto-updates on steam workshop. That's the main reason why it's recommended to manage your mods manually for Warband, either from ModDb or Nexusmods.

Is it possible to be offered a map to a red brotherhood hideout if the previous one hasn't been cleared yet?
And if the answer is no: Is there any way to check if one has been spawned and where?

Huillam said:
Is it possible to be offered a map to a red brotherhood hideout if the previous one hasn't been cleared yet?
And if the answer is no: Is there any way to check if one has been spawned and where?
Yes, you can get multiple maps for the RB hideout under the same playthrough. On average I usually get 3 under the course of 700-800 days. And if you didn't take out the Qualis Gem during the first attempt (e.g. due to failing), then it will await you in the chest the next time you get there. The hideout location can only be seen/checked in the "game log" window, which gets full under the course of ~2-3 months, so that's the your time interval until you can check the location. Otherwise if you are really desperate, you can always use the 'CTRL+T' cheat to reveal everything on the map. Although normal lairs can't be revealed, so I'm not sure if the RB hideout is another exception or not for this.

-- if player assigns an unassigned fief to him/herself/husband all garrisoned units >31 will be disbanded     

Quote from 3.9.4 Changelog

does the ">31" refer to the level or the amount of troops (above 31 soldiers)  being disbanded?

And if player doesn't use exploits but conquer fiefs on his own he'll get reduced functionality and losses of his own troops while still paying for garrisons of unassigned fiefs?

If the player assigns fiefs to themselves when an AI marshal takes it, the units above level 31 will be disbanded. If the player decides to put troops in there in the mean time and then assign it to themselves all units above 31 will be disbanded.

I see. So he magically loses his troops just for the sake of fixing an exploit he might use even if he never uses it.

I'm trying to rework some weapons, already changed missile speed of all bows and crossbows (using morgh's editor), but even if I start new game, old values are still displayed. Isn't "missile speed" in game a dynamic value (I mean - is that something that was manualy written there)? Or morgh's editor is simply not compatible to change this parameter anymore (everything else works fine)? I'm using latest, 1.50 version.

Back
Top Bottom