Questions - New player wants to join pendor and the dark side

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, so I already played Warband for a while (over 370 hours) and finished one playthrough as Empress of Calradia.
Yesterday I'v seen PoP in Renee Sky's stream; it looked interesting so I installed it and played it today for a bit.
I've also looked through the wiki and the forum here, but there are still a couple of questions left:

1. In old posts a couple of years ago it stated, that you can't befriend the heretics and the snake cult. But the wiki isn't mentioning anything about that.
So, are their still factions which you can't befriend or can you now fight along the cool guys (aka Snake Cult and Heretics)?

2. If you befriend a faction in Pop, are there other bonuses than in vanilla-warband? I've seen, that there knight orders you can join, is there something more?

3. Even if you can't befriend Snake Cult/Heretics, I'd still prefer the dark side and would like to throw the world of Pendor in darkness and chaos. Are there things in PoP that support this (like quests, minor factions benefits, whatever?) or are your forced to be the "bearer of light and happiness"?

I think you are focusing a little bit too much on the good vs evil aspect. In my view PoP is about becoming a king, uniting Pendor and defeating the invaders. The rest is up to your imagination.

Hi and welcome!

1. You can't befriend Heretics or the Snake Cult by default, scripts bring back relations to the set cap periodically once they get past. To change those caps, see tweak 5 a) https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks#Tweak_5_a

2. No special rewards apart from native Warband stuff (e.g. attack foreign lords whom you might be enemies with).

3. Nothing supports an evil playthrough, you are supposed to unify Pendor against those hateful minor factions. You are the hero of Madigan from the prophecy. Hence the mod's name is Prophecy of Pendor.

Hi and welcome!

1. You can't befriend Heretics or the Snake Cult by default, scripts bring back relations to the set cap periodically once they get past. To change those caps, see tweak 5 a) https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks#Tweak_5_a

2. No special rewards apart from native Warband stuff (e.g. attack foreign lords whom you might be enemies with).

3. Nothing supports an evil playthrough, you are supposed to unify Pendor against those hateful minor factions. You are the hero of Madigan from the prophecy. Hence the mod's name is Prophecy of Pendor.
Thanks for your anwsers. And the mod-developers didn't gave the option to pervert the prophecy?
I mean, it's ok if you add to the neutral "nations fight for supremacy"-setting a good vs. evil part. But I'm no fan if you can't choose and are forced to one side.

That's how the developers wanted the mod to be. I know it may not by in harmony with the preferences of many, but that's how it is. As they say: your game, your rules. Personally I rather appreciate what a mod has than frustrate myself over what it hasn't.

I won't argue with you there and will surely give it a chance to see, if this mod is fun to play.
Still, seems like a missed oportunity.

It may be a missed opportunity but theres plenty of options to play in this game that aren't exactly 'just good.' Play how you want, but just being evil or having options based around that was not in any way shape or form part of the development process and that started well over 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom