Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Udud

Sergeant
Download?
Here, right under the big picture.

Can I get permission to use this in my mod?
Most of the stuff in this mod is not made by me. However if you want permission to use some of the features I have made I am not a fanatic about keeping it to myself. I wont just give it to anyone who asks though. Send me a personal message (PM).

How do I recruit?
Click Here, then read the guide. It is right under the screenshots.

I can't get any businesses/enterprises opened?
Your number of businesses can't exceed your trade level.

I can't start the game. I get a message saying Unable to open file: CommonRes\wb_mp_objects_a.brf
Update your version of Warband. This mod is for 1.153.

I re-read the first page of the mod, where you were saying why you choose 1184:
Udud said:
A little about the mod
So why 1184? No reason. I wanted something in the age of heraldry, because I love heraldry much more than I love any other aspect of the medieval, but I also wanted to place the mod before the Byzantine Empire fell apart.
I just wanted to ask you (since this is Q&A thread) why didn't you then choose the 14th or the early 15th century mod setting?
Because, it would have many pros, and the things you said you liked:
- You said you love heraldry. Well, heraldry advanced so much in those centuries (14th and 15th), that even the non-Western lands started having a banner for every noble house.
Unlike 1184, where heraldry was just started to become a fad, and where you will (as the mod continues its expansion to the east) see a major lack of the banners - there will be many factions with only one banner, both for the ruler and for the all other nobles.
- More information about most of the factions/lords/settlements than you can find for 1184.
- Byzantine Empire was still standing (untill 1453, ofc).
- There isn't a single 14th century and early 15th century mod for Warband, while there are at least 3 set in near-1184 time period.

I know that this question doesn't really makes sense, since this mod already expanded vastly, but I just wanted to know if there is an exact reason why not chhosing 14th and early 15th - the centuries that pretty much everyone forgotten in the modding community.

14th-15th century armor is super ugly. I wouldn't be able to stand the sight of a battle.

Is it normal to never get the same troops as lord do ? even though i tried to start as a noble i feel like a second class citizen with only levies as army.

Notsure said:
Is it normal to never get the same troops as lord do ? even though i tried to start as a noble i feel like a second class citizen with only levies as army.

You have access to all troops once you get a castle.

thomasNL01 said:
yes, I get that feeling as well

No discussion here please.

Have the businesses been temporarily disabled or is there some requirement for them i overlooked? The town guild masters i have checked are saying something about me not being skilled enough.

yea me too. i thought it was because i had already brought 2 businesses and i needed to upgrade a skill like persuasion or something idk.

Thanks Udud, that is a great idea for the business system.

Another question: The ingame notes for Custom Commander mention a ranger Avantis who sells mercs where you can customize their equipment but i cannot find him in the taverns and the travelers in taverns say they do not know his whereabouts. Has this guy been removed or does he pop in at a set game time?

Wanderer1981 said:
Forgive, I just play your mod, I hadn't play mount and blade in long time till today, I think, forgive me, how do you travel cross ocean like english to france?
You click on France.

If the companion's trade skill affects the number of enterprises, what would happen if, f.e., you have a companion with 5 trade (while everyone else has less), respectively 5 established businesses, and then you get rid of that companion?

I don't think the companions trade level has an effect on the amount of enterprises you can make.

I had a char with 0 trade, and a companion with 1 trade, but I couldn't make a enterprise.

Yes, I have a question, I've enjoyed this mod very much as I played it especially as a noble but my companions say I can set a knight to rule a place for me, when I talk to my advisors none of them talk about changing from direct rule to the said knights rule, is that only for kings or am I not approaching the way to change correctly

Back
Top Bottom