Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Redleg!

Nice mod you have here, congratulations :party:

Have you fixed the Outpost demolishing bug?

I have not been able to find the problem so I made it so that demolishing is no longer an option. To be honest, I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the outpost coding, at least not lately. I should thank you for your mod, Tocan's Calradia, for the inspiration to start my own. I used a few of your codes in mine, giving you credit.

I have not been able to find the problem so I made it so that demolishing is no longer an option. To be honest, I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the outpost coding, at least not lately. I should thank you for your mod, Tocan's Calradia, for the inspiration to start my own. I used a few of your codes in mine, giving you credit.
Nothing to thank, your inputs where always helpful.

Made a simple fix.

Hi, Redleg. First off, Happy New Year! I've been enjoying 3.0 tremendously. The amount of work you've put into your mod is staggering, and everything runs smoothly! Thanks.

I do have a question: is there a way to disable the party "entertainment" requirements?

I realize that this would mean altering the character skills, which gets complicated, but I feel it's more an annoyance than anything. (It's down to personal taste, of course.) Even just the ability to toggle the morale hit that comes from lack of entertainment would be nice.

Hi, Redleg. First off, Happy New Year! I've been enjoying 3.0 tremendously. The amount of work you've put into your mod is staggering, and everything runs smoothly! Thanks.

I do have a question: is there a way to disable the party "entertainment" requirements?

I realize that this would mean altering the character skills, which gets complicated, but I feel it's more an annoyance than anything. (It's down to personal taste, of course.) Even just the ability to toggle the morale hit that comes from lack of entertainment would be nice.

First, thanks for the support! It means a lot to me. I am currently working on the next release and will see if it is possible to make the entertainment aspect toggle-able. I don't think there is a morale hit from not having entertainment so much as there is a boost for having entertainment. It has been a while since I looked at the coding.

In the next release I fix a few of the small bugs that exist plus make some changes to other features, including recruitment and some of the kingdom troops. I am going to add 1 village each for the Khergiz, Geroians, and Keltons so that it will leave more opportunity for their kings to give lands to the player if the player would like to become a vassal of that kingdom.

I am pretty happy with where the game is now (with the changes made since 3.0) but have a few more changes I want to try out. I have considered adding an invading faction and also allowing the player to choose all customizable troops for his/her kingdom instead of just having the custom troops available in villages with manors and towns/castles with barracks. I might also add the J. Rider script for nobility titles that exists at this forum.

Thanks for the reply, Redleg. I'm on day 300 or so of my campaign, and have not had any issues with bugs/errors. The game runs seamlessly.

Personally, I would like to see the Geroians moved out of the desert. I know your placement of them was quite intentional, being one of the "mercenary uprisings," but I feel the campaign might benefit from having them closer to the Rhodoks (who, as usual, go almost unchecked). It would also give the Khergiz more of a chance to expand, since they remain quite inactive, and could really use that extra city (Barillon). This way, the Khergiz might even fulfil their destiny of becoming the Khergits. Since the Geroians are also quite inactive in their current position, I'd love to see them going toe-to-toe with factions in the West, while the Eastern factions slowly gather momentum. That said, I have only just begun looking into how to reassign city/castle ownership (for my own personal use), so I may just continue playing with this idea without implementing anything. :razz:

Also, as much as I love the Eastern province, modelled on the Byzantines, and I assume, supposed to be the remnant of the Calradian empire, I feel that they don't really play like a crumbling empire at the moment. Indeed, their troops are so powerful that they expand with ease and never seem to be seriously threatened (at least, this has been the case in my campaign, where I am admittedly helping them out as a vassal).

Finally, I am glad to hear that you're working on the next version, and I look forward to it! I have not got to the point where customizable troops are a factor in my campaign, but I think making them available in towns and castles would be excellent. Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Customizable troops are available in towns/castles if you build a barracks. They are available in villages if you build a manor. The custom troops in towns/castles start at lvl 20, while the troops in villages start at lvl 5.

I am glad you are finding no problems with the game play. I have play-tested the current version for each faction and have found that there are different results with almost every game. In some games, the Khergiz do remain fairly passive until later on. In others they attack the Geroians right away and usually conquer them. I have found that the Eastern Province usually loses a city to either the Khergiz or the Sarranids. The Keltons seem the least likely to expand across all the different games.

There is code in the game that defines at game start the disputed castles between factions. For example, in the version I am playing now, the Khergiz have a dispute with the Geroians over Asugan castle from the start of the game. This has made it more likely that both the Khergiz and Geroians are active early on. I have made a few changes so as to get each faction active early without making it so the 3 small factions get wiped out too soon or that one of the regular factions get ganged up on too much. Still, it seems like the Swadians tend to lose land early, usually Dhirim, possibly because that is far from the rest of their kingdom. The East often loses Halmar first, most times to the Sarranids, who don't seem phazed by having fewer starting fiefs than in the vanilla game.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback.

Customizable troops are available in towns/castles if you build a barracks. They are available in villages if you build a manor. The custom troops in towns/castles start at lvl 20, while the troops in villages start at lvl 5.
This is awesome and I'm having a lot of fun with these guys. I do wish there was a way to give them unique names like the knight orders in Prophesy of Pendor, rather than just "custom ____".

I am glad you are finding no problems with the game play. I have play-tested the current version for each faction and have found that there are different results with almost every game. In some games, the Khergiz do remain fairly passive until later on. In others they attack the Geroians right away and usually conquer them. I have found that the Eastern Province usually loses a city to either the Khergiz or the Sarranids. The Keltons seem the least likely to expand across all the different games.
I'm sorry if my earlier post came off as a bit critical of the campaign layout. The more I play this lovely mod, the more I appreciate how the factions have been arranged. For example, having the Geroians and the Keltons on the "fringes" at the beginning is a neat concept. I just hope to see them expand more effectively in the future. Or maybe I'll try a new campaign...
There is code in the game that defines at game start the disputed castles between factions. For example, in the version I am playing now, the Khergiz have a dispute with the Geroians over Asugan castle from the start of the game. This has made it more likely that both the Khergiz and Geroians are active early on. I have made a few changes so as to get each faction active early without making it so the 3 small factions get wiped out too soon or that one of the regular factions get ganged up on too much.

I applaud all of your hard work in trying to get things balanced. I was surprised at how easy it was for me to eliminate both the Geroians and the Khegiz as a vassal of the Eastern Province. I think this is down to the Khergiz (much like their future incarnation, the Khergit Khanate) being rubbish at sieges, while the Geroians are super deadly in the field (those Elite Ritters, ftw!) but less so when hemmed in by walls.

Still, it seems like the Swadians tend to lose land early, usually Dhirim, possibly because that is far from the rest of their kingdom.
The Swadians are doing suprisingly well in my late-game. Though, of course, they still lost Dhirim.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback.
Any time. Again, I hope it doesn't come off as too critical. I really love this mod.

A couple little things I've noticed and/or wished for:

The Initiates of Mithras are missing armour textures. Not game-breaking, but results in annoying error messages.

I wish wives could be dressed/undressed. Wait--that sounds perverted, lol. I just like being able to customize the appearance of my in-game spouse a bit. :mrgreen:

I'd really like for companions to have the ability to read books and have inventories. Is this just a Floris mod thing, or would it be compatible with your mod?

Finally, some factions that have been eliminated in my campaign (Vaegirs, Geroians) are making defensive pacts with still-living factions. Is this to be expected? I tried to root out all of the straggling vassals, and even got the "faction eliminated" message.

Last edited:
The missing armor textures for the Mithras troops was fixed in Patch 1 for ver. 3. The patch is save-game compatible. The last point you made about eliminated factions is a bug with Diplomacy 4.2, afaik. Iike the ideas about being able to customize the wife. In some mods you can take the wife into your own party and customize her that way. I will look into some options for it. I think the companion thing might be a Floris feature.

I think the main issue with the smaller factions is that they just don't have enough lords to really make big conquests. I thought about making them normal sized but then I would need to add a bunch more castles and villages to the map. It is a real challenge being a vassal of one of the small kingdoms. In my current game, I am playing as a Geroian lord and we just finished conquering all of the Khergiz. We got lucky that the Sarranids declared war against them at the same time we were fighting but the Sarranids didn't take any land.

I appreciate the comments and don't take them as criticism, especially when presented with good faith and constructive. It is good to find out how other people experience the mod. I will take your suggestions into consideration, either for the upcoming patch or a later one. Long live Warband!

Back
Top Bottom