Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

vito397 said:
Hows the new version coming along? Missed the january mark but as long as everythings fine its all good

I missed January by a long shot!  I am doing the last revisions over the next week which will be followed by some testing.  It is getting close.

Redleg said:
vito397 said:
Hows the new version coming along? Missed the january mark but as long as everythings fine its all good

I missed January by a long shot!  I am doing the last revisions over the next week which will be followed by some testing.  It is getting close.

Looking forward to the new revisions! :smile:

Szynsz said:
Hello i start play on this mod couples days ago and i have question. What option gives outpost and pernament camp?

As I recall you go to the camp menu and then choose an action.  Among those actions should be building outpost or permanent camp.  If you build an outpost and upgrade it to a fort, do not try to demolish it as it will likely crash your game.  This is one of the known bugs with the outpost kit that I haven't had a chance to dig into.

Camps and outposts are great. You can amass a big army vlose to your intended seige target and not pay wages on those troops.
Also if your large army has a quickly deteriating moral due to size then this helps because the big army doesn't have to travel far... thus seiges with higher moral.

Nope.  Just allow you to store troops. Also the upgraded camp has a few merchants. So you can sell and buy loot.
Most usefully is a place to keep prisoners... especially when your nearest castle is ages away.. or worse you have no castle.  Keep a big garrison though. And don't put the camp leader in your troop. Otherwise she will loose her control status over the camp... and stand naked in your castle.

Mars_Mullo said:
Nope.  Just allow you to store troops. Also the upgraded camp has a few merchants. So you can sell and buy loot.
Most usefully is a place to keep prisoners... especially when your nearest castle is ages away.. or worse you have no castle.  Keep a big garrison though. And don't put the camp leader in your troop. Otherwise she will loose her control status over the camp... and stand naked in your castle.

Mars, good information.  Also, permanent camps can be attacked by enemies but outposts/forts cannot. 

I might create a small fort scene for the permanent camp so that enemies will need to siege it.  This will require a good deal of coding so I won't be doing it for the soon-to-be released version 3.

Was playing last night and I could have sworn I could have asked a patrol to follow me and get it to stop stationary near a village. And thus stop small lord raids. Now I can't find this.

Also.. I told a patrol to reinforce a village that had been raided. It had a manor.. but the troops just dissapeared into the village... gone. Sure I did it buy accident. But I could do it.

On a positive note... you can't put horses into the castle chests.

When you send a good half dozen or so wagon trains of wine,oil or beer to a lord,and that lord uses its magical ability to teleporting from where he/she is to go and patrol with the Marshal,  the wagons get confused, lose their target lord and dissappear.  Most frustrating loss of resources.  I wait till there is a feast so I can  send wine to a safe castle area.

Mars_Mullo said:
Was playing last night and I could have sworn I could have asked a patrol to follow me and get it to stop stationary near a village. And thus stop small lord raids. Now I can't find this.

Also.. I told a patrol to reinforce a village that had been raided. It had a manor.. but the troops just dissapeared into the village... gone. Sure I did it buy accident. But I could do it.

On a positive note... you can't put horses into the castle chests.

When you send a good half dozen or so wagon trains of wine,oil or beer to a lord,and that lord uses its magical ability to teleporting from where he/she is to go and patrol with the Marshal,  the wagons get confused, lose their target lord and dissappear.  Most frustrating loss of resources.  I wait till there is a feast so I can  send wine to a safe castle area.

You can give commands to the patrol and tell it to patrol a new area or to return to reinforce a garrison.  I don't know why your patrol disappeared.  The only time I have seen this happen is when it gets defeated.

The gift caravan is a pain sometimes.  It is good to use it during the more peaceful times. 

Guys, i start my own kingdom and i hire a prime minister. But in dialog option i can only dissmis him, make me as marshall and hire new staff member. Why i don't have rest of options?

Szynsz said:
Guys, i start my own kingdom and i hire a prime minister. But in dialog option i can only dissmis him, make me as marshall and hire new staff member. Why i don't have rest of options?

Did you appoint one of your own companions to the position?  If so, they have limited options.  Check out the Diplomacy subforum to learn more about these options.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118125.0.html

Here's what it says about the chancellor:

Chancellor

Q: When can I appoint a chancellor?
        A:  You need a town to appoint a chancellor. After you got a town it might take up to three game weeks until the popup menu appears letting you appoint a constable. (they mean chancellor)
        Q: What does the nation characteristics do?
        A:  Take a look at Dumblors notes:

Ok i fix that problem i hire new minister from my companion and it works now.

Next question, in description of this mod there was something about soldiers sorting, how it works and how to use it?

Szynsz said:
Ok i fix that problem i hire new minister from my companion and it works now.

Next question, in description of this mod there was something about soldiers sorting, how it works and how to use it?

The soldier sorting script it automatic and used only for AI-owned castles.  I suppose I could get it to work for player-owned ones too.  All it does is place the higher tier troops to the top of the roster in the troop presentation screen (and also when you look at the castle from the campaign map).  I don't know if it affects which soldiers will spawn first in sieges.  I would need to check into that.

Back
Top Bottom