Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

Totenkopf900 said:
Redleg said:
Mars_Mullo said:
The experience levels for elites are the same across factions for elites?
I ask as you describe the shortness of progression. I'm hoping that when playing against AI armies they are not going to be chocka block with elites.
I find Nordic armies a big challenge as they are. Their shields nullify Vagier archers.. I have to have plenty of skirmishers to break their shields close in to beat them.
I just imagine an elite heavy army being only possible to vanquish with higher numbers only.

Yes, the experiences levels are the same across all factions.  The only armies that have elite troops in the party templates are the king's armies.  Regular lords don't have elite troops in their party templates but could conceivably acquire them from an army they defeated.  The player can have elites but I have found that the large amount of experience required to raise them to elite level makes them fairly rare for players too, especially early in the game.  For example, my level 35 character has only 10-15 elites in an army of 140 troops.

Let me know what you think after you have gotten more time in the game.  I haven't made any changes to elites this version, at least none that I can think of.

I think they are OP, in my last game my level 30 or so character had a army of 112 swadians elite, I could take various lords at once, sometimes armies 4 times bigger than mine with very few casualties(all this in the highest damage to allies).The only units that could kill them was other elites or skirmishers with javelin headshot.Maybe you should give a few of them to vassals as well, idk.

Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't been able to ever get an army of elites of that size.  I must be doing something wrong!

I will consider adding them to the party templates of regular lords.

Mars_Mullo said:
Quick question:

Does the upcoming release require a new game or is it game save compatible with previous version?

Release 2.52 should be save-game compatible, although some of the changes won't show up until you start a new game.  The changes that won't show up are the troop changes involving skills and proficiencies such as Power Throw, and troop flags such as guarantee_ranged.

The next release after 2.52, which I will call release 3.0 is not due anytime soon.  I will probably complete it sometime in the late summer so enjoy 2.52 until then!

In the game I am playing I own Nelag castle and nearby village of denun. Every time I lay seige to nearby tulbuk castle a small raider force raids my village. Regular as clockwork.
Even when we are at war with Rhodocks who's nearest castle is the other side of the map. And they don't own Tulbuk castle.
So I can farm defending against these aggressive lords by simply laying seige and then breaking seige to protect the village.
However every time you break seige your moral takes a big hit.

I'm wondering if the trigger is somewhat broken.
Effectively the only way to lay seige without immediate attack on your feet is to seige under a martial. Or have a huge patrol of say 100 men on the village.

Mars_Mullo said:
In the game I am playing I own Nelag castle and nearby village of denun. Every time I lay seige to nearby tulbuk castle a small raider force raids my village. Regular as clockwork.
Even when we are at war with Rhodocks who's nearest castle is the other side of the map. And they don't own Tulbuk castle.
So I can farm defending against these aggressive lords by simply laying seige and then breaking seige to protect the village.
However every time you break seige your moral takes a big hit.

I'm wondering if the trigger is somewhat broken.
Effectively the only way to lay seige without immediate attack on your feet is to seige under a martial. Or have a huge patrol of say 100 men on the village.

I haven't done anything with the trigger for this.  It seems to me that my villages get raided quite frequently and that lords will travel quite a distance to do so.  Building a watchtower will double the amount of time it takes to loot the village- it may give enough time for you or another of your faction to stop the raid.

Mars_Mullo said:
How come a kergit lord with one castle can have an army bigger than I have when I have two castles and a feif ?

Because the size of AI lord parties is determined differently and was not something that I changed in the code.  The player gets a party size bonus for each castle but party size still relies heavily on your leadership level and your renown.

Mars_Mullo said:
Ohhh.  Well that makes sense I suppose. I had better get some renown then. Thanks for that wisdom.

And leadership too.  Leadership is weighted more than renown but both are important.

Tuche said:
Hello there,

how do i use entertainment?

I keep getting a message that my army is low morale and need entertainment . . .

Entertainment is a new skill that is linked to Charisma.  You can build this for your own character or get it from some of the companions who have points in entertainment.  The main thing is that your party will need to rest in the field from time to time to take advantage of this skill.  You will get a green colored message that your troops appreciate the entertainment you and your companions have give them.

Hey Redleg, really enjoying your mod!

I was just wondering if there is any way to increase the battle size?
Right now i've maxxed it at 150 but i would like to have somewhat closer to 300.

Apfan said:
Hey Redleg, really enjoying your mod!

I was just wondering if there is any way to increase the battle size?
Right now i've maxxed it at 150 but i would like to have somewhat closer to 300.

I wish my PC was good enough to play at 300. As far as I know, you can adjust the battle size using an app available here in the forums.  You might also be able to change it in the rgl file.  You could also do a google search at the forums for the information.  I haven't ever changed battle size so I am not sure.

Plasquar said:
You can increase max. battlesize by adding:

Code:
battle_size_min = 100
battle_size_max = 300

to your module.ini.

Thank you for the information.  I always have mine set to the default of 150 so I haven't messed with the module.ini settings.

Since you need a rather good CPU to run higher battlesizes it's not recommended to add a higher battlesize to the module.ini by default anyway.
Most players just increase it to max and then complain about performance issues.  :wink:

Plasquar said:
Since you need a rather good CPU to run higher battlesizes it's not recommended to add a higher battlesize to the module.ini by default anyway.
Most players just increase it to max and then complain about performance issues.  :wink:

LOL. So true.  For my mod and similar mods using PBOD and formations, my PC is capable of battle framerates between 35 FPS and 60 with the slider set at 150.  35 FPS is at the bottom limit of what I find tolerable.  Perhaps one day I will have a newer, better PC, but until them I am okay with the default battle size.

I wasn't sure whether to list this as a question or a bug, but after spending sometime as a freelancer under a Rhodok Count, I eventually retired as a Professional Rhodok Elite. For some reason, the game allowed me to keep my gear from serving. Every time I join again and then retire, it happens again. I wanted to know if this was intentional - I'm trying to recreate it under other characters.

Back
Top Bottom