Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

dont know if these were bugs:

* the kelton champion have +45 and +47 helmet in item pool.
but after upgraded to kelton elite, only +45 helmet in his item pool.
kind of weird......

* the outlaw troops, masterless man to outlaw leader all have throw weapon but all their power throw are 0.

minokz said:
dont know if these were bugs:

* the kelton champion have +45 and +47 helmet in item pool.
but after upgraded to kelton elite, only +45 helmet in his item pool.
kind of weird......

* the outlaw troops, masterless man to outlaw leader all have throw weapon but all their power throw are 0.

Good info.  I appreciate your keen eye.  I will add these to the list for the next patch.

Conservatron said:
Are there any changes to companions or are interactions as vanilla?

I have expanded the dialogs for the 4 added companions so that you can send them on the same missions as the other companions.  You can assign a companion to work in the "permanent camp" if you use that feature.

I am considering for the next big update (not patch) to allow companions to form their own forces and go on patrols.

Redleg said:
Conservatron said:
Are there any changes to companions or are interactions as vanilla?

I have expanded the dialogs for the 4 added companions so that you can send them on the same missions as the other companions.  You can assign a companion to work in the "permanent camp" if you use that feature.

I am considering for the next big update (not patch) to allow companions to form their own forces and go on patrols.
Awesome thanks, I noticed a new companion and had to bring him into party. I saved before checking out the permanent camp, I think I'll try to take advantage of that when its time to start out my own faction.

As far as I can tell the entertainment buff does not have any affect when you stay at a fort.
The manner addition to a village does not seem to available anymore.

Mars_Mullo said:
As far as I can tell the entertainment buff does not have any affect when you stay at a fort.
The manner addition to a village does not seem to available anymore.

Correct- the entertainment skill works when not in castle or town but while encamping.

I didn't make any changes to the manor script and haven't seen any problems with it.  Are you still able to recruit regular troops in that village?  The recruit manor troops menu item won't show up if you have the max troops you can carry.

Well I think I have broken it somehow?
The village is indifferent to me (2).
There is no option to manage the manor or leave items there.
I have to go to the village elder in the village to access a conversation with the chamberlain who is standing beside the village elder.

But when I talk to either of them they say "Surrender or die . Make your choice?"

I know I have been a bad lord but surely the chamberlain and village elder are having me on right?

Any ways my response is a scripted one and nothing becomes of it.

any ideas?

Mars_Mullo said:
Well I think I have broken it somehow?
The village is indifferent to me (2).
There is no option to manage the manor or leave items there.
I have to go to the village elder in the village to access a conversation with the chamberlain who is standing beside the village elder.

But when I talk to either of them they say "Surrender or die . Make your choice?"

I know I have been a bad lord but surely the chamberlain and village elder are having me on right?

Any ways my response is a scripted one and nothing becomes of it.

any ideas?

Did you modify any aspect of the mod, such as with the Tweak application?  It could be a corrupt savegame or something else.  I have never seen this issue and have played many hours with many characters across all the factions.  I assume you still own the fief because you said the chamberlain is present in the village.

I think I have changed something some where. I have been playing with scene editor in game but with a different module I called mapping. Perhaps the edit mode being left on in configuration during play has caused it.
Maybe I could unzip the files back into the C1050 to fix it?
Savegame info is kept elsewhere in a steam save yes?

Mars_Mullo said:
I think I have changed something some where. I have been playing with scene editor in game but with a different module I called mapping. Perhaps the edit mode being left on in configuration during play has caused it.
Maybe I could unzip the files back into the C1050 to fix it?
Savegame info is kept elsewhere in a steam save yes?

I don't know about where Steam keeps it's savefiles.  I don't use Steam.  I can't imagine that the edit mode would cause problems unless you selected "reset module data" from the options.

minokz said:
Elite Hirdmann ?

I assume you are asking about whether there will be an elite hirdmann in future versions.  The answer is yes.  The nord professional tree will have two branches, both going to an elite troop.  As it is in v. 2.52,  the branch is short and both go to the same elite troop.

The experience levels for elites are the same across factions for elites?
I ask as you describe the shortness of progression. I'm hoping that when playing against AI armies they are not going to be chocka block with elites.
I find Nordic armies a big challenge as they are. Their shields nullify Vagier archers.. I have to have plenty of skirmishers to break their shields close in to beat them.
I just imagine an elite heavy army being only possible to vanquish with higher numbers only.

Mars_Mullo said:
I ask as you describe the shortness of progression. I'm hoping that when playing against AI armies they are not going to be chocka block with elites.
I find Nordic armies a big challenge as they are. Their shields nullify Vagier archers.. I have to have plenty of skirmishers to break their shields close in to beat them.
I just imagine an elite heavy army being only possible to vanquish with higher numbers only.

Yes, the experiences levels are the same across all factions.  The only armies that have elite troops in the party templates are the king's armies.  Regular lords don't have elite troops in their party templates but could conceivably acquire them from an army they defeated.  The player can have elites but I have found that the large amount of experience required to raise them to elite level makes them fairly rare for players too, especially early in the game.  For example, my level 35 character has only 10-15 elites in an army of 140 troops.

Let me know what you think after you have gotten more time in the game.  I haven't made any changes to elites this version, at least none that I can think of.

Redleg said:
Mars_Mullo said:

Yes, the experiences levels are the same across all factions.  The only armies that have elite troops in the party templates are the king's armies.  Regular lords don't have elite troops in their party templates but could conceivably acquire them from an army they defeated.  The player can have elites but I have found that the large amount of experience required to raise them to elite level makes them fairly rare for players too, especially early in the game.  For example, my level 35 character has only 10-15 elites in an army of 140 troops.

Let me know what you think after you have gotten more time in the game.  I haven't made any changes to elites this version, at least none that I can think of.

I think they are OP, in my last game my level 30 or so character had a army of 112 swadians elite, I could take various lords at once, sometimes armies 4 times bigger than mine with very few casualties(all this in the highest damage to allies).The only units that could kill them was other elites or skirmishers with javelin headshot.Maybe you should give a few of them to vassals as well, idk.

Back
Top Bottom