Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

HI, regarding the outposts,
. will the next patch allow the player to stay @ the outpost.?
. At the moment during the walk around there is no structures visible, will this be enabled in next patch.
Really enjoying your mod . Cheers

Oldspot said:
. At the moment during the walk around there is no structures visible, will this be enabled in next patch.

you need to upgrade the outpost to a fort so you can rest inside it, it will also have the option to buy and sell stuff there.

Oldspot said:

Good question.  The outpost creators did not create a structure for the basic level outpost.  They did create a fort that you will be able to enter and see.

I might try to clean up the Outposts code so they work better but can't guarantee that I will be able to do it.

Oldspot said:
Thank you for your reply, now I will upgrade to a fort. Really enjoying your mod.

Thank you.  I should caution you that using the option to destroy your fort might cause problems.  This is a known bug with the original Outposts coding.  I have never gotten around to looking into it more deeply and had actually intended to disable the outposts stuff until I got it fixed.

Just a quick message to say I am enjoying the new mod. 
The entertainment item is way cool and it makes you camp overnight. 
It is good to see armies rest at dark and not just continually travel without rest.  I think it makes great sense.
I have had to stay at castles to avoid being attacked by bandits at risky locations. And that I think is a good thing.

I'm playing a merchant so fast travel and staying safe is important.

Can we get donkeys or pack animals to be more available to make my group travel faster with more goods?

Mars_Mullo said:
Just a quick message to say I am enjoying the new mod. 
The entertainment item is way cool and it makes you camp overnight. 
It is good to see armies rest at dark and not just continually travel without rest.  I think it makes great sense.
I have had to stay at castles to avoid being attacked by bandits at risky locations. And that I think is a good thing.

I'm playing a merchant so fast travel and staying safe is important.

Can we get donkeys or pack animals to be more available to make my group travel faster with more goods?

I am glad you are enjoying the mod.  I would have to add donkeys to the items, which would not be save-game compatible unless I replaced another item with them.  Can't regular horses be used in your inventory to increase movement speed?

minokz said:
why mornig-star is blunt damage? it suppose to be pierce damage...

Yes, originally it was piercing.  I changed to blunt because I thought there would be more blunt damage than piercing since the spikes are rather short and would probably not penetrate deeply into an armored body whereas the massive weight of the weapon would cause blunt force trauma.

minokz said:
understood, thanks for answering. :smile:

My pleasure.  If you prefer it, you can use Morgh's editor to change the damage from blunt to pierce.  The change should be save-game compatible.

minokz said:
why nord's elite troops like nord huscarl and nord elite have no throw weapon?
feel like rhodok have no bolt; vaegirs have no arrow.

Many of the Nord troops do come with throwing weapons.  All the Nord skirmishers (raiders) have throwing weapons and some of the Nord infantry do as well, including the Nord professionals. This is why I didn't think it was so important to give them to Huscarls and Elite.

The Nord Hirdmann is guaranteed throwing weapons through a script and he is at the same level as Huscarl.  It is possible to give both the Huscarl and Nord Elite throwing weapons in their inventory but I wanted them to specialize in the pole-axes and swords.  In the next big release (meaning non save-game compatible, I will have the Hirdmann upgrade to an Elite Hirdmann and both will have throwing weapons while the huscarl and elite won't.

Are you saying that the Rhodoks have no bolts and the Vaegirs have no arrows or is this a metaphor?

Redleg said:
~In the next big release (meaning non save-game compatible, I will have the Hirdmann upgrade to an Elite Hirdmann and both will have throwing weapons~

great, can't wait to try the next update.

just a metaphor.
vaegirs's arrow, rhodok's bolt, swadian's heavy cavalry, nord's throw axe. :smile:

minokz said:
Redleg said:
~In the next big release (meaning non save-game compatible, I will have the Hirdmann upgrade to an Elite Hirdmann and both will have throwing weapons~

great, can't wait to try the next update.

just a metaphor.

vaegirs's arrow, rhodok's bolt, swadian's heavy cavalry, nord's throw axe. :smile:

I thought so!  Thanks for clarifying what you meant.  I really appreciate the feedback and ideas.  I probably won't be ready for the next big release until sometime early next year (January or February).  In the meantime I will try to address any bugs or issues with patches.  These patches will be designed to work with saved games but not all the fixes will show up (e.g., troop proficiency changes like power throw) until a new game is started.  The funny thing about the Kelton Gesiths is that I had them set up properly in a previous work-in-progress version and for some reason must have deleted or omitted the power-throw. 

Back
Top Bottom