Questions about the game's future.

Users who are viewing this thread

LioneI

Regular
Hello everyone,

After searching on net, I didn't find any information about the incoming patchs, exempt from the last dev blog which was like 2 months ago. Nor the new release date (because if I remember correctly they were thinking to fully release after 1y).

So can someone inform me (if they revealed of course):
- When is the game expected to fully release?
- When duel mode and new battle terrains generation are going to be implemented? Taught it was planned for 1.5.9
- Are we going to get 1.6 before this summer? Would be cool to have another update before devs they take summer vacation.
- Are there any major features that are going to be reworked in the future?
- Also what about roadmap, I saw some posts about this, did they refuse to give us one?

That's it thanks.

For a start, there is this. Some are done, some are still work in progress.

As such, our tentative estimate for the release is Q4 2021, however, development will continue for as long as necessary as we take the time to ensure that the game is fun and enjoyable.

For a start, there is this. Some are done, some are still work in progress.

thanks, those posts were very helpful!

I would also add that they are planing some other things, like changes to make the game more modding compatible, the new battle terrain system(the whole campaign map gets split up in areas and each area gets a single map that represents the overworld Map at this location where you start in the same relative position to the enemies that you had on the world map) and some banner stuff(nobody knows what exactly we only know that they are working on a larger feature that is connected to this.

Also expect a lot of bugs, and almost always, 99% chance that any new feature will have enough bugs to consider that feature inoperable until 2 more patches after the introduction of such feature.

the new battle terrain system(the whole campaign map gets split up in areas and each area gets a single map that represents the overworld Map at this location where you start in the same relative position to the enemies that you had on the world map)

I heard this was already in -is it just new scenes at this point?

you're looking at another two patches of ****
I think the last patch was pretty good. Sure, it was no total game changer but the new scenes are very nice to have and all their UI-Work is for sure no revolutionary but it gives many nice little things that can be of use in the future when the real large stuff comes out. And the battle terain system is for sure one of the best things this game ever got. Not for the basegame but when i think of many of the mods that are getting developed this will bring huge possibilities for them.

They're going to get all those scenes done in 1-2 patches but they can't fix ai pathing during sieges after 13 months. :ROFLMAO:
Bold of you to assume all the scenes will be done and it won't just be like half a dozen of them.

No. It gets implemented in 1 or 2 patches(said Dejan) Right now we are still on the old system with a few random maps from a pool as far as i know
That's not what they said. Dejan said it won't be in the next patch or two, and that doesn't mean the maps will be ready in the third patch. Or ever.

No. It gets implemented in 1 or 2 patches(said Dejan) Right now we are still on the old system with a few random maps from a pool as far as i know
On the contrary, Dejan said it won't be implemented in the next 2 patches. The system itself, the algorythm, is ready, but they need to make a lot of new scenes and that's what preventing the terrain system from being released in the near future.

Long story short: the algorythm is ready, but scenes aren't.

How's Axios? He must be nervous about that hat already! :iamamoron:
Yeah, some things age like a fine wine, right @AxiosXiphos ? (This was in March, a few weeks after they showcased the maps in a dev blog. The believers instantly clutched the new major feature, while enough of us weren't optimistic.)
I personally think this system only works if every map is created at launch; and I feel this what Taleworlds were suggesting. Compared to what they say on the forums; the dev-blogs only show features that are near to completion.

I am willing to be proved wrong but I believe that this system will launch relatively soon - and will be near complete at launch.
I'll eat my virtual hat if they have any significant number of maps ready in the next few patches. I hope you have your hat ready as well, and will stock up on condiments.
A temporary hybrid system may easily work, regional maps for regions when they are complete, regular terrain maps for other regions.

We are toxic bad people as hell :iamamoron:
salvador-dali.jpeg

I would also add that they are planing some other things, like changes to make the game more modding compatible, the new battle terrain system(the whole campaign map gets split up in areas and each area gets a single map that represents the overworld Map at this location where you start in the same relative position to the enemies that you had on the world map) and some banner stuff(nobody knows what exactly we only know that they are working on a larger feature that is connected to this.
What banner stuff?

What banner stuff?
They never said what exactly they are planing. We only got multiple times confirmed that they are working on a "larger feature" which will use Banners as a core part of it. I could imagine that it is some kind of moral and perhaps Formation rework where being closer to your Leader and/or banners gives your Units some kind of moral boost or better combat stats and at the same time you could loose moral if your Banner gets taken by the enemies. But this is all only speculation from me nobody outside of TW knows what it is.

On the contrary, Dejan said it won't be implemented in the next 2 patches. The system itself, the algorythm, is ready, but they need to make a lot of new scenes and that's what preventing the terrain system from being released in the near future.

Long story short: the algorythm is ready, but scenes aren't.
It's not even a new system, all they did was change from zones that gives randomised scenes based on biomes to zones that have a specified scene, so literally nothings changed all were waiting for is for them to make the scenes

Back
Top Bottom