Question to disable the random variety of weapons on army

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, this is one thing that I disliked the most on the new update.

Before, It looked like an army, now just look like bunch of ppl who use whatever they get their hands on. That deeply frustrated me.

So, my question for ppl who enjoy to mod, could you explain to me, how i can change this and left only one kind of weaponry on troops?

What lines I have to delete, etc.

Thanks

Still on 1.4.3 because of the mods I use....what's the change?

Do you mean if you had an army composed of 100 Legionaries they'd have a completely random assortment of weapons? I thought they'd have a mix of swords and maces or something to that effect.

Still on 1.4.3 because of the mods I use....what's the change?

Do you mean if you had an army composed of 100 Legionaries they'd have a completely random assortment of weapons? I thought they'd have a mix of swords and maces or something to that effect.
I noticed different swords and some maces in between.

You can notice on recruits as well, when before they only had swords, now you can see some holding pitchforks, schythes, etc... It's heartbreaking

I noticed different swords and some maces in between.

You can notice on recruits as well, when before they only had swords, now you can see some holding pitchforks, schythes, etc... It's heartbreaking

It's been that way. Revert to an earlier version and load a custom battle with 200 of the same troop (I use a custom battle mod). If you walk up and down the line not just their weapons vary but their armor and helmet type as well.

Recruits using whatever weapons available to them I'm alright with. Same with Tier 3+ troops having variations on swords, maces, and axes (when it makes sense). I thought you were implying something along the lines of Legionaries wielding scythes or strange combinations of weapons.

They probably just changed the equipment sets to be more varied, to change equipment sets modify the file spnpccharacters.xml in the Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData folder.

If you want Taleworlds to change the game to have fewer equipment sets / less variety between them you should post about it in Feedback & suggestions.
If you want to mod the game and have a question you should post it in Modding Q&A (not general discussion).

They probably just changed the equipment sets to be more varied, to change equipment sets modify the file spnpccharacters.xml in the Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData folder.

If you want Taleworlds to change the game to have fewer equipment sets / less variety between them you should post about it in Feedback & suggestions.
If you want to mod the game and have a question you should post it in Modding Q&A (not general discussion).

Hey, thanks! I didn't know about the Mod Q&A... No, I don't want them to have fewer weaponry. I just feel the army should be startanrd and have no variations of weapons. But I'll take a look on the files and try something.

Thanks

I just feel the army should be startanrd and have no variations of weapons.
In the Bannerlord timeline of ~8th-11th century? When armies were composed of basically what anyone could get their habds on?
In the Roman times, Roman armies-sure. After its fall the european armies were a mess, even more so than currently presented in Bannerlord.
I on the other hand here am praying for even MORE variety, mostly in armors :grin:

But to each their own i guess, i can understand that

In the Bannerlord timeline of ~8th-11th century? When armies were composed of basically what anyone could get their habds on?
In the Roman times, Roman armies-sure. After its fall the european armies were a mess, even more so than currently presented in Bannerlord.
I on the other hand here am praying for even MORE variety, mostly in armors :grin:

The lower the tier, the more random weapon and armor variation. This is how I would do it for non Empire soldiers.

Totally, man... but the Empire culture is based on the ERE/Roman Empire... The kits in gear and weaponry even cooking utensils and tunics were the same... You have to admit it's totally a turn off see many with swords and 5 or 10 carrying a mace..WTF?

The lower the tier, the more random weapon and armor variation. This is how I would do it.
Yes, that the ideal IMO...however we must first wait for many new armor models to be able to achieve that variety, both light and medium/heavy armors. They started coming slowly (the new Sturgian armors and helmets, battanian shields and 1 armor), but too slow for my taste :smile:

Totally, man... but the Empire culture is based on the ERE/Roman Empire... The kits in gear and weaponry even cooking utensils and tunics were the same... You have to admit it's totally a turn off see many with swords and 5 or 10 carrying a mace..WTF?
The idea of the legion might come from Imperial Rome, but the Imperials are very clearly stylistically based on the medieval "Byzantine" empire, which most certainly did not have extreme standardization. Byzantine infantrymen used both axes and maces alongside spatha-derived swords and, later, sabers and saber-like swords.

The idea of the legion might come from Imperial Rome, but the Imperials are very clearly stylistically based on the medieval "Byzantine" empire, which most certainly did not have extreme standardization. Byzantine infantrymen used both axes and maces alongside spatha-derived swords and, later, sabers and saber-like swords.
Yes, I know that..But, then would be better to create new kind of units for this kind of weapons...I just saying it somehthing that made me upset to see many variations, but i think when learn modding this would be easy or if not possible.. oh, well.. the game is becoming fun either way it's not the end of the world

Yes, I know that..But, then would be better to create new kind of units for this kind of weapons...I just saying it somehthing that made me upset to see many variations, but i think when learn modding this would be easy or if not possible.. oh, well.. the game is becoming fun either way it's not the end of the world
Its a cake walk, don't worry a thing. Do make sure you back up spnpccharacters first though.

Aye, spnpccharacters.xml is very easy to edit. Get yourself Notepad++ and it'll give you a nice layout for working on it. As MetalJacket said, make sure you backup the original first.

What I do is save the original somewhere, then edit the file in the game folder. When I've made a couple of changes I load up the game to check I didn't mess up - if my game loads it's all good. If I did a bad copy/paste it'll crash on loading the save. If it loads fine with my new edits I then save a copy of the edited spnpccharacters.xml in a separate folder before editing the main file further. That means if I've edited 30 units and then make a mistake that causes crashes I can just revert to my previous edit/update without worry and resume.

The other thing is that when hotfixes come, if the devs make a change to a unit in spnpccharacters.xml it will override the file in that folder so you need a copy of your edited file somewhere to drop back in.

Anyhow, I've been editing units for the same purpose as your op. You'll often see units with 3-4 equipment sets - some are mostly identical just with weapons switched, others have different armour pieces too. You can change it however you like. Personally I'm working towards most lower tiers having a bit of variance to reflect recruits being given what's available and higher tiers being more uniform, plus I'm giving some factions a bit more focus. Empire I'm going down a much more uniform path even for recruits, while for Battania I'm keeping more variance throughout to reflect more of an individual approach to gearing.

Last edited:
Its a cake walk, don't worry a thing. Do make sure you back up spnpccharacters first though.
I know it's such a silly thing, that I just thought it over. I read about the byzantine army and they did used many weapons variations as they carried two type of swords into battle, the paramerion and the spathion.
The Varigian Guard used axes, I know that, mostly for ther scandinavian culture.
But, I prefer different units rooster, than use the legionaries to carry such weapons
But, I guess I have a OCD (Lol) about organization... Thanks, pandemic COVID 19, to show me this

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As it happens, the Legionaries also has variations: swords, maces and axes (i think)
Only swords and maces. No axes on them ever. Not really seeing the issue though, considering the sort of enemies the Empire goes up against- themselves.

I think its not at all a big deal. Some factions can be more standardised than others, but the Empire is by far the most uniform. Mace or sword makes no difference. And recruits having a random assortment of weapons sounds about right, considering what they are.

Back
Top Bottom