Question: TaleWorlds, Will Some New Taverns Ever Be Added ?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
This is a pretty straightforward question for any member of the development team or anyone ' in the know'.

I am genuinely surprised that we still only have ONE tavern per culture.
I mean one. No matter what city you may visit in a kingdom... it's the same tavern.

Are TW really going to leave this to the modders?

Surely more are planned? I thought that TW had the aim of making the cities unique? (Different and unique taverns would be a large step towards that).

We all know that Bannerlord is partly an RPG ... (or at least has RPG elements). In any medieval RPG, a city's tavern is a hub and hive of activity and information as well as a place to rest.

It would be great if we could not only have more taverns but also reason to visit them: a place where you could buy skill books, hire mercenaries , bet on a board game etc... not only play games yourself, get into a drunken brawl...

(If you are one of these people who thinks Bannerlord is just a battle simulator.. then please don't bother commenting).

Last edited:
Add it to the list of things that would be "nice to have" but that are so low priority that they're, unfortunately, not worth considering at the moment.
I would hazard a guess than if there will be an answer from a dev, it would sound something like "We would want to add more taverns at some point in the future, but right now we have to focus on improving the gameplay".

It'd be nice to have more taverns but since personally I almost never visit them (only if I have the Inn and Out quest) I don't really think it should be a priority. I guess we'll get more scenes in the future as we already get more castles, towns, villages. And we're going to have more battlefields when they finally implement that sector mechanic. I guess we shouldn't wait for new tavern scenes until after that.

We still dont have unique scenes for each town, village or castle, we know they are working on a revamped battle scene selector requiring of new scenes,and last but not least keep scenes, both for visit and siege. For their current status, I dont see any new taverns coming soon.

It's time for Taleworlds to call for community help with scene-making contests for taverns. They do this for MP maps, so why not this. Enough people genuinely want to help and we will all benefit: Taleworlds, players, tavern wenches.

Add it to the list of things that would be "nice to have" but that are so low priority that they're, unfortunately, not worth considering at the moment.
I would hazard a guess than if there will be an answer from a dev, it would sound something like "We would want to add more taverns at some point in the future, but right now we have to focus on improving the gameplay".
We know a lot of low priority stuff, but does anyone know what TW considers high priority? It can´t be fixing the siege AI.

I know its not priority number 1.

And I know there's not much to do in taverns at all right now... but I hope that will change - because they might as well not exist the way they are now.

Personally I hate how many things are done with a simple menu click. It's the opposite of immersive.

Think about it.. do we really want Bannerlord to be a battle sim.... and EVERYTHING else just to be a menu click? (everything outside of the battles just to be a glorified excel spreadsheet?)

I don't know about you but I really don't think that's in the 'spirit' of the previous mount and blade games.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
It's time for Taleworlds to call for community help with scene-making contests for taverns. They do this for MP maps, so why not this. Enough people genuinely want to help and we will all benefit: Taleworlds, players, tavern wenches.
That is actually a great idea. I'm sure many people would love the challenge and creativity of making a tavern that would actually go into the finished game.

Now for some possible Bannerlord pub names!

The Unscalable Ladder
The Vlandian Jockstrap
The Dog and Pike

Any other good ones? Feel free ....

Last edited:
Ab. So. Lutely.

The Unscalable Ladder
giphy.gif

people are right in saying it's low priority, it's probably been put on the backburner relative to the combat maps system and the creation of unique castle, town and village scenes, and maybe even unique keep scenes for battles, which is entirely reasonable.
But it would be nice if they weren't all clones eventually.
Personally I'd be happy enough if there were just a few tavern scenes per culture, with duplicates existing in towns some distance from each other.
Great idea, gets the community involved and encourages uptake of modding tools.
That is actually a great idea. I'm sure many people would love the challenge and creativity of making a tavern that would actually go into the finished game.

The Unscalable Ladder
The Vlandian Jockstrap
The Dog and Pike

Any other good ones? Feel free ....
The Lord's Banner™️ - Vlandia

The Drinking Skull - Sturgia

(it's) Harvest Inn (season!) - Vlandia

Auld Lang Fian - Battania

Neretzes' Haunt - Empire

Efwun & Efrui - Aserai

The Vile Beggar - Empire

The Squatter - Sturgia

The Maiden Cage - Aserai

The Mountain Blade - Battania

Khan's Arms - Khuzait

Humphrei's Hump - Aserai

Pendraic Gravediggers - Battania

Voyager's Rest - Sturgia

The Crafty Javelin - Battania

Pony Show - Khuzait

The Oasis of the Wall of Wonders - Aserai

Knight Out - Vlandia

(What Is) Best Inn (life? To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women) - Khuzait

The Deadly Pebble - Empire

Last edited:
I don't go into taverns anymore i can just use the quick menu. I need a reason to go in and at the moment there isn't one.

There are some really great names here. Thanks guys.

My personal favourites so far are 'The Deadly Pebble' , ' The Vile Beggar' (Five Bucks)

Plus 'The Wobbly Sheep' and 'The Empty Banner' (Benjamin Bones)

Back
Top Bottom