Question regarding triggers, positions, particles and distance

Users who are viewing this thread

killkhergit

Squire
Here they are:

1. In what format is distance between positions stored? Like meters, centimeters, yards?

2. How can I "get" the position of where a ranged weapons' projectile/thrown weapon hits the ground?

3. How can I make a particle emit from, let's say, "pos1", and that it keeps going like a camp fire does?

4. Example from triggers:

# Refresh Merchants
  (0.0, 0, 24.0, [], [

(This is the trigger rearm/run/check bit) What's the difference between them, and in what format is it stored?

killkhergit said:
Here they are:
3. How can I make a particle emit from, let's say, "pos1", and that it keeps going like a camp fire does?

My best guess with this one would be to add the fire scene prop at pos1.  There are several operations for scene props listed in the operations.py file.

jik said:
My best guess with this one would be to add the fire scene prop at pos1.  There are several operations for scene props listed in the operations.py file.

*Made an area damage Fire Axe a while ago, and wanted the corpses to keep burning when dead.*

So adding a scene prop to pos2 (the items' agent loop gives every NPC pos2 as position) and using that one to emit particles should work? *givin it a try*

Fei Dao said:
Pretty sure it's the same unit as the one for weapon length. Centimeters.

Ah, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom