Question: party id, party_is_active and removed party

Users who are viewing this thread

sphere

Grandmaster Knight
Will appreciate if somebody who knows can help me with these questions regarding party

1) How can I detect whether a party has been removed (e.g. via remove_party operation).  Can party_is_active operation be used to test for this?  Does it work for exsting but disabled parties?

2) Does party id gets recycled? (e.g. some party for an id is removed.  then later, another newly spawned party uses the same id)

3) Does try_parties includes disabled parties?

4) Can spawn_party be called in the middle of missions/battles?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure how I can help.
1) remove_party permanently erases the party information AFAIK. Party disability is set via (party_set_flag, <party_id>, pf_disabled, 0/1), and is something different altogether.
I suppose you can replace every instance of remove_party with a custom script that changes it to become disabled instead rather than removing it altogether - but you'd also have to change every try_for_party loop that doesn't use party_is_active (I assume this operation is compatible with pf_disabled).

2) I'm not too sure about that one. It does make sense to reuse party ids - otherwise we'd run into memory issues in the long run. Good thing there's a feature that lets you find out. Simple enable and then report say the id of deserter parties when they spawn. Kill some and wait a couple of days.
Code:
#You can change the following to 1 for ease in module development
show_party_ids_instead_of_names = 0

Back
Top Bottom