Question on how perks work

Users who are viewing this thread

Madeloc

Recruit
So sorry if it has already been asked, but I'm lazy to search the forums :smile:

So I can make this statement :

There are several perk types :
- personal
- party leader
- governor
- surgeon
- engineer
- quartermaster
- scout
- captain

Personal : I assume personal perks apply to the character who have them; our character or our heroes.

For the other perks except captain :
So for example : if I have the scout perk Pathfinder, but if I'm Quatermaster or not Specifically Scout myself, only the Party Leader part of the perk will apply? right or wrong?

And the other question is about captain : You are captain when you belong to an army and chose a formation to command during a battle, or your heroes can be captain when you lead them in an army of your own with them leading parties? right?

That makes me think that having heroes in our party is useless for improving our troops in combat, they need to be a captain in a party that would belong to an army lead by us? right? Having heroes in our party is usefull for specific scout/engineer/quatermaster/surgeon perks, but nothing for combat ones?

Thanks you for confirming or explaining.

Ananda_The_Destroyer

Master Knight
if I have the scout perk Pathfinder, but if I'm Quatermaster or not Specifically Scout myself, only the Party Leader part of the perk will apply? right or wrong?
You with still get both pathfinder perk effects active UNLESS you have assigned somebody else as the scout. The party leader assumes(takes) all unassigned roles.

You are captain when you belong to an army and chose a formation to command during a battle, or your heroes can be captain when you lead them in an army of your own with them leading parties? right?
Yes, only in another lords army do the Main character's captain perks work, because that's the only time they captain a group.
That makes me think that having heroes in our party is useless for improving our troops in combat, they need to be a captain in a party that would belong to an army lead by us? right? Having heroes in our party is usefull for specific scout/engineer/quatermaster/surgeon perks, but nothing for combat ones?
No because in your normal party (not in an army) the hero highest in the list of each group (1234....) is the captain for that group and gives thier captain perks to those troops. It's kinda dum that it doesn't show/tell you this in a good way and I hope when they update order of battle maybe they will add some in game explanations too.

Madeloc

Recruit
You with still get both pathfinder perk effects active UNLESS you have assigned somebody else as the scout. The party leader assumes(takes) all unassigned roles.

Yes, only in another lords army do the Main character's captain perks work, because that's the only time they captain a group.

No because in your normal party (not in an army) the hero highest in the list of each group (1234....) is the captain for that group and gives thier captain perks to those troops. It's kinda dum that it doesn't show/tell you this in a good way and I hope when they update order of battle maybe they will add some in game explanations too.
Ah ! The best confirmation I was waitting for :smile:
Ok so it's not useless to pick captain perks for our heroes that add to movement speed or w/e we prefer.
Thanks a lot.

Madeloc

Recruit
No because in your normal party (not in an army) the hero highest in the list of each group
So, to finish the explanation, if I understand well, if I have no heroe in my party, this will be my captain perks that will be applying?

At that point there are choices to be made since for many perks you have choice between party leader or captain, a good thing, that makes the whole thing more strategic, imo. Or the need of heroes to complete our own perks.

Very good lol !

They just need to fix those sveral-round-battles - the too small maps for huge armies - and the fact that our allies completely ignore us on the battlefield, sometimes making them an annoyance rather than a help ! (just died because I was hitting a Voulgier, but each time, one cavalry of my army passed, missed him, and was making me not hitting the Voulgier. Seems the Voulgier hadn't to deal with this interfering problem. That thing keeps me raging on the game... well I know raging is bad lol)

The other thing making me angry is the auto-resolve who seems to be based on NUMBERS rather than forces in presence, perks, troops tiers.
I can swear that never 100 looters will get me if I have only 40 fians with me ! And even with the regular staff of a player caravan (30), I wouldn't be defeated vs a good numbers of looters, that's not the case with the auto-resolution.
In auto-resolution, you'll have at least unjustified casualties, maybe defeat, and in RT resolution, once you have killed 20 all the rest fly away and it is a PAIN to run after them each time ! Nah !

But I digress, this is another topic :wink:

Last edited:

Ananda_The_Destroyer

Master Knight
So, to finish the explanation, if I understand well, if I have no heroe in my party, this will be my captain perks that will be applying?
Unfortunately no, the main character can only give captain perks in another lords army when they lead a group in battle and are show as the captain before the fight starts. It's very disappointing and counter intuitive.

Top Bottom