Question for DX7 players

Users who are viewing this thread

Heya, do you guys get dull loking armor (as in no metal shine) and bright looking trees? (no shadows on them, look bright even at night). The question is that I've had this problem with M&B forever, however a patch was made for the original game that fixed it, but now that I got Warband I had to manually fix it. The reason I'm asking this is because I want to know wheter it's just a problem with my graphics card or to everyone who uses DX7 instead of DX9. If the problem is with DX7 I would be more than happy to release my fix so that us poor bastards can have shiny armor and decent looking trees (no normal maps though  :sad:)

Dull grey on the metal is normal for dx7, yes. I'd be interested in taking a look at your patch even though dull metal is probably more agreeable for my graphics card ;]

I recently upgraded my vid card so I can use DX9 graphics, they're so much better lol. Pity my screen is going dull though  :lol:

I got dull armour and bright trees too.

The MBrepository stopped the upload at 52%, forcing me to start again  :???:

I swear ever since I started modding uploading to the Repository has been the most difficult part of the process  :lol:

The thing that really annoys me about DX7 is that a lot of the features that don't work used to work in the past (M&B .751) and now they don't. I remember in M&B .751, all the shininess, bumpmapping and shading worked properly in DX7. I know us DX7 players are a dying breed, but it would've been really nice if the devs gave more support to DX7; it doesn't have to look as ugly as it does now.

Shik said:
I know us DX7 players are a dying breed, but it would've been really nice if the devs gave more support to DX7; it doesn't have to look as ugly as it does now.
DX7 players are still here. This is what makes M&B playable on machines with on-board graphics (mostly laptops) and why such players will still be around for a while. It is a wonderful features that I adore Taleworlds  for supporting. While Shiny metal and a bunch of effects makes DX9 look so much better, M&B is not an eye candy game. I am more than willing to accept the dull colors of DX7 and play it on my laptop.

Thank you TW for the DX7 support.
Any improvement would be welcomed.

HULKSMASH said:
No, because their processors/GCs cant handle DX9

Uhm no, because I hate the lag that suddenly comes from time to time. I've got a ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card which definitely isn't the worst card to play WB with... but somehow I still manage to get lag, something that only increased with the lastest patch. So I switch back and forth, depending on what the battle requires.

NB: The lag appears no matter if battle size is set to 30 or 500!

I have a nvidea 6600 gfx card which is obviously really old now, and a 2.4 Dual Core processor. I think im lucky to be able to play warband.

I initially switched to dx7 to get rid of the stupid bug that came out a little before release that made parts of the sky look weird and characters having black faces/textures etc.

I found that my game ran better with dx7 tho and i much prefer performance over quality.

After not playing for a week i loaded wb up and, unless my eyesight is getting worse, i found it a little hard to keep track of animations and im considering going back to dx9.

kekn06ab said:
Uhm no, because I hate the lag that suddenly comes from time to time. I've got a ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card which definitely isn't the worst card to play WB with... but somehow I still manage to get lag, something that only increased with the lastest patch. So I switch back and forth, depending on what the battle requires.

Ive got the exact same card and my framerate has never dipped below 60 with all settings on max(using DX9). In the 222 player 22nd server my framerate was at 30 with the match full. And the only reason its at 60 instead of like 150 is because I have v-sync on, which caps framerate with the refresh rate of your display. Drivers maybe? Processor?

Edit: My Processor is a dual-core 2.6ghz, nothing special by any means, and ive got 2 GB of ram. What operating system are you on? Im on Windows XP SP3

Diavolo said:
why does anyone use DX7 anyway? to have higher battlesizer with the same graphics card?

Some textures freak the **** out on DX9 with my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3400). I've updated the drivers like 1000 times and have had no luck, so I am forever cursed with lower graphics than the original Mount and Blade (which runs fine on DX9 I might add).

I play with dx7 because graphics, at least in such an awesome game as this, doesn't matter as much as the gameplay to me.

In other words.. It gets laggy for me if I use dx9 :/

Ekardt said:
kekn06ab said:

Ive got the exact same card and my framerate has never dipped below 60 with all settings on max(using DX9). In the 222 player 22nd server my framerate was at 30 with the match full. And the only reason its at 60 instead of like 150 is because I have v-sync on, which caps framerate with the refresh rate of your display. Drivers maybe? Processor?

Edit: My Processor is a dual-core 2.6ghz, nothing special by any means, and ive got 2 GB of ram. What operating system are you on? Im on Windows XP SP3

Cool, something to compare. You say you don't have those kind of problems?

I got a dual-core, 3,2 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 ram, and yes, win XP SP3  :mrgreen:

How odd!

Out of curiosity, what antivirus/antispyware programs do the two of you use? Have you tried disabling them before playing?

Back
Top Bottom