Question for devs: Is there any long term goal of fixing the "use the captain to exploit enemy ai" meta in captain mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
Set up archers on hill... run over, alone, behind the enemy shield wall and start attacking from behind. Either everyone turns to face the captain, even if there are on face direction toward the archers, or they all just stand there and get hacked up 1 by 1.

Sometimes you get lucky and maybe 1 or 2 guys just turns around to block the captain... but it's not reliable enough to trust. I put my units backs right up against a wall if I can just so I don't get captains running behind them. Another one is when you get into an f1 f3 battle the enemy captain will just run off in a random direction and like half your troops will go chasing after him.

There are just countless other things like this that has become the"meta" for the "good" players but it's really complete trash garbage. There is little emphasis on actually commanding your troops and using real battle tactics... it's all just "If I do X, enemy AI will do Y and then they will get slaughtered."

This is where one of the idiots who thinks this is an acceptable meta will tell me all the things I "just need to do" to defend against this but it's like they don't care that this playstyle makes the game mode completely unfun and un interesting.

There needs to be a number of lives for the captain. 2 or 3... and big morale hits when a captain dies.

Does this answer your question?
No not really. It shows a minimal awareness but doesn't really go into much detail. Nothing about that makes me feel like they understand what exactly needs to be fixed, or that anything they might do to fix it will work.

No not really. It shows a minimal awareness but doesn't really go into much detail. Nothing about that makes me feel like they understand what exactly needs to be fixed, or that anything they might do to fix it will work.
Baiting the archers to switch to melee
Getting all archery fire by standing in front with a shield
Baiting shield troops to break their shield wall
Baiting spear troops to put away their spears
etc...

Back
Top Bottom