[Question for Developers] Are Alliances, Feasts & Tournaments with XP (etc) coming back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,
as I have mentioned, I was playing Bannerlord and felt something a bit odd, there were no invitations to feasts- tournaments felt a little less enticing with no chance to gain experience (because of the variety we get of different weapons we have to use like that of warband in order to win a match), and feeling of fighting a certain faction with a formal alliance from other factions is something I truly miss!

I do have other concerns like higher ransoms from enemy lords, or a possible jailbreak option if one were to sneak into an enemy settlement and go to the dungeon to free a captive. I also hope the game will incorporate more dialog options for captured lords, maybe a way to persuade them for more money to be free or to join a faction OR just allowing them to be let go.

I understand it's Early Access, and the Constant updates are AWESOME, I just hope you don't forget my questions and not leave (just these requests) to modders (since some mods can crash games and it gets into that mess, not hate to modders you guys rock haha)

Thank you for reading!

I agree with you 100%. Aside of the snowball Problem, your post contains most of everything I'm currently missing from the game.

And training fights should award exp too.

About tournament and practice arena xp: I truly hope they bring this back, as it is a staple feature of gameplay for me (and honestly a nobrainer to be in place). I want to be able to practice using weapons when I practice them ingame. It's a very odd choice indeed to have it locked in the first place. Meanwhile - check out the mod on Nexus that's already out that unlocks tournament and arena XP. I use it now and I genuinely feel like I'm free again.

But you do get exp from arena/tournaments... it's just very slow. Leveling is already very slow, and here you gain it even slower. Need to fix leveling progression and then at most put training exp at 0.5x or something... arenas are useless sadly right now

Maybe blocking an attack should also award exp, especially if you do it without shield. Right now it's a simplistic system of how much damage you deal to enemies type-of-deal. I'd make blocking with a shield grant half exp, and blocking without a shield grant more

hey, mexxico did mentioned feast during peace a couple of times
Yes game should not be a war simulator. We should make peace times longer reduce avarage wars per year and introduce player different activities he can do during peace time like feasts or grand torunaments and we should increase issue variety which some can be hard to achieve and has good awards.
I can only hope

You can replicate the effects of a warband feast in bannerlord if you're vassal or ruler!
Just form an army at a town and keep everyone busy while you enemies brutalize your faction with impunity. No relation ups though.

Feasts definitely need to make a comeback. Of course, they should be changed so that lords don't hold them at inconvenient times while the kingdom is in danger.

Even better, they could be altered so that they prevent snowballing, by making large factions' lords declare a feast to celebrate when they capture a bunch of towns, thus slowing their rate of expansion.

Even better, they could be altered so that they prevent snowballing, by making large factions' lords declare a feast to celebrate when they capture a bunch of towns, thus slowing their rate of expansion.
Late-game large factions? Their rate of expansion is their ability to assemble a large and reasonably tiered army. Anything that brings them together without killing off a substantial number of their men is going to hurt snowballing because influence costs for pulling parties into an army (AI has same rules as player, here) are substantially lower when they are close and without the days of assembly time that is typical in the late game, that army will actually reach their objective before starving or running out of cohesion.

You really don't want to ever have a large faction at peace -- or even pseudo-peace, in which they just aren't fighting -- because late-game large factions can become unstoppable monsters with near-bottomless resources given half the chance.

Anything that brings them together without killing off a substantial number of their men is going to hurt snowballing because influence costs for pulling parties into an army (AI has same rules as player, here) are substantially lower when they are close and without the days of assembly time that is typical in the late game, that army will actually reach their objective before starving or running out of cohesion.
Well it's not like everyone is just going to teleport to the feast location. Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of having the large factions at pseudo-peace while the smaller factions actually continue the war and raid territories, with a threshold for interruption of the feast. The more "overconfident", or "decadent", a large faction is, the less likely a raid on their villages or even a siege is to interrupt a feast in progress. So small factions should be able to do incremental damage against big factions for free.

Perhaps inviting the nobility to a feast could also have an up-front influence cost like armies do. The influence would be refunded gradually, and then overpaid over the course of the feast, if the guests are happy with the feast. Want more snowball-curtailing mechanics? Make the feast provide less influence the more lords attend, which can be explained in terms of the difficulty organizing a large party well.

Feasts are culturally and historically important not just as parties, but as symbols of authority and status too: http://homes.chass.utoronto.ca/~cpercy/courses/1001Duncan.htm

Back
Top Bottom