[question] Dying enemies now soak up attacks for a short while??

Users who are viewing this thread

raul-1

Sergeant at Arms
i noticed it only once, i can't see it now,
can you?

edit: i meant that when you stab dead body you feel nothing
and it should soak up hits for short while, well it doesn't

and i did noticed this, but only once, when this was introduced, as a new feature for 0.672.

That's because we don't have melee friendly fire on the Oceanic servers. :wink:

Basically it means that if you have two guys attacking an opponent from two different sides the guy who hits second won't have his sword pass through the still upright corpse and kill his friend.

I'm unsure whats going on but, I haven't been able to move/hit dying players. Back in the older patches, most times I kill people I usually kick them while they're well dropping, and they usually fall backwards. I'm unsure if its working or not because I haven't seen the ragdolls move to my kicks.

P.S. DEATHMATCH!

CMarshall said:
He's referring to that feature they added a few patches ago. It said it in the changelogs. Not sure what it means exactly  :mrgreen:

It's basically a feature that was added on request for friendly fire servers. The problem was that, when two people were striking at a foe at once from two directions, and one of them killed him, the strike of the second person would just go through the (now killed) enemy and hit/kill his teammate instead.

The feature should make the enemy block the second hit as well while it is falling, but personally I haven't noticed it happening either. Maybe it's simply because the bodies drop so fast that it's hardly ever noticeable, dunno. I like the fact that the problem was adressed though, punishing people for smartly surrounding an enemy was a pretty stupid sideffect of FF serves.

EDIT: Ninjaed.

CMarshall said:
He's referring to that feature they added a few patches ago. It said it in the changelogs. Not sure what it means exactly  :mrgreen:
Means that ragdolls of dead players/horses have the same ability to soak damage as alive players. Arrows gonna stick in them and not fly right through their bodies. Same with weapon strikes, if you swing your axe moment after enemy died, you're not gonna damage your teammate who's standing behind freshly killed dude, but slash ragdoll instead.
Though I've never noticed it in-game...

This happened to me today. Was on vent with the teammate at the time, and I heard the impact. I didn't connect the dots until I read this thread.

*he kills the guy*
*I swing and hear an impact a second later*
Me- "****! Sorry man!"
Av_Bees- "For what? You didn't hit me."

Yeah I haven't noticed this yet either. I still hit/get hit by teammates, after our enemy dies, from attacks seeming going through falling corpses.

I have noticed it working.  I'm not the best one to say though as my ping is a little high.  I'm glad it was put in though.

the time the rag doll soaks up damage is very small, its like only for a second. Its a good concept but should probably have more of an effective time that the dead body soaks up damage, something along the lines of as long as it is falling it will soak damage, once its nearest to the ground it wont.

I suppose it is not really an issue anyway as our current rag dolls fall so solidly and faster than the speed of light. It really looks unnatural. more death animations would be great, with flailing arms and legs too instead of the rock solid petrified corpses we have now.

Berserker Pride said:
I have noticed it working.  I'm not the best onetime to say though as my ping is a little high.  I'm glad it was put in though.

of course it's working, but only for really short time, so you can't notice,

Back
Top Bottom