[Question/bug/feature] Arrows at high angles.

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps

Master Knight
I just tested on two maps and shot my arrows at very high angles, beyond 45 degrees. They seem not to come all the way down to ground and vanish at some point. They didn't go through the 'sky ceiling' because I saw them coming down. Even arrows that were shot as high of an angle as you could didn't come back all the way down. Is this a bug or a feature? I was using strong bow with barbed arrows and longbow with bodkins.

Both. Shot both quivers empty and then wen't looking and didn't find any. That's why this is a question because I'm not really sure what happened. I was alone on the server so there were no 'eye witnesses' :grin:

A_Mustang said:
are you sure they didn't fall off the map?
no, i just when and tested in SP on a open field. after a certain flight time the arrows vanish in midair, but it's like ~7.5-4 seconds, so it doesn't affect the game much 

Yeah they should've landed around the middle part of the ruins map from the spawn point. When you aim as up as you can the arrows should land quite near. It's almost 90 degrees up.

As I said I shot 2 full bags and at the same direction so I doubt that I would've missed all of them. Also followed with zoom and lost track at one specific spot almost always.

No idea about that either. Have to test to see. Would be great to throw a javelin straight up and then move under it and get impaled by your own jav :grin:

throwing axes do not vanish.
Hunting crossbow does not vanish
Hunting bow does not vanish

However, Warbow and siege crossbow vanish, after the projectile has started downward decent for a while.

Diagnosis: After a projectile reaches a certain speed it vanishes.

A_Mustang said:
throwing axes do not vanish.
Hunting crossbow does not vanish
Hunting bow does not vanish

However, Warbow and siege crossbow vanish, after the projectile has started downward decent for a while.

Diagnosis: After a projectile reaches a certain speed it vanishes.

The projectile has the greatest speed just when it leaves the bow, muskets and flintlock pistols have even greater velocity, yet they dont vanish when shot with, also in m&b arrows and bolts do not gain speed in descent as much as they should if at all.

Diagnosis: Objects life time is limited  :razz:

I tried javelins too they don't vanish. In vein I tried throwing one at as an high angle as possible and then run under it and catch it with my face but the character doesn't run fast enough :smile:

Back
Top Bottom