[Question] Are Brigand Camps supposed to spawn this quickly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seriously, I've cleared maybe 20 to 30 camps in my playthrough and I want to say they quite literally respawn after a day or two. Is this intentional? Dozens of robbers just keep scouring the land like cockroaches and kill all my traveling farmers and merchants. Is this level related or something? My character is level 49 and I just cannot believe that this is supposed to be working as intended.

I stopped attacking them for that reason. If it's anything like the major evil factions, it's related to the spawn mechanics of the bandit faction. One thing we do know is that faction camps spawn faction stacks at a regular interval, even if the major evil faction is marked Obliterated.

If the same applies to Bandits, there's basically always gonna be bandits, and you can't eliminate them altogether as a faction. Because from what I gather the camps are set to spawn up to x# of camps on the map at all times, probably with some delay after each camp is destroyed before its replacement spawns.

I get that PoP is supposed to be harder than vanilla but this doesn't really increase the difficulty unless you're at a super low level, and even then robbers are very easy to deal with if you know how to play decently. Regardless this is far more of an annoyance than anything. There's already independent factions that spawn that act as actual hazards, these camps just spawn jerks who kill your villagers and rack up controversy if you're marshal. They really should lower the spawn rate to once every two weeks at best.

Seriously, I've cleared maybe 20 to 30 camps in my playthrough and I want to say they quite literally respawn after a day or two. Is this intentional? Dozens of robbers just keep scouring the land like cockroaches and kill all my traveling farmers and merchants. Is this level related or something? My character is level 49 and I just cannot believe that this is supposed to be working as intended.
The spawn rate of bandits depend on your level. Nothing to do with faction status or strength, only Jatu, Mystmountain Tribes, Snake Cult and Heretics have such a system where they spawn less and less as they take the beating.

There's not much you can do about camps getting set up and mass-producing bandit parties. Best approach in my opinion is to befriend other minor factions so that their armies / warbands / patrols can take them out for you from far away, protecting your trade caravans and peasants.

Back
Top Bottom