Question about Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Mabons

Well while I wait killing myself slowly, whats it like folks?

Is it like what we thought it would be like? People sticking together, working in sort of formation. Or is it like every other FPS where we use each other as fodder and shout the words pwn and noob every 5 seconds?

From what I have heard (I'm European too :cry:) It's abit of a mess at the moment with not many people working together. However I think as the game matures and clans evolve, as i think they inevitably will in this game. Tactics will play heavily in the game with clans organizing combinations of troops and helping each other out. Well I hope so anyway...

Well, there are a few people that organize once in a while, but without a team speak or side dedicated voice system then it is hard to get soldiers to work together without standing exposed to type orders. even still most people will only somewhat follow, for instance, one guy tried to organize a shield wall as Nords vs Vaegirs, we had only 6 guys out of maybe 16+ that joined in and the rest stood a distance away from the wall.

There are a few people that do type annoying bs every kill they get but that can be overlooked.

Me personally, I grab an infantry with best shield and try to cover an archer.

And I agree, clans and organized teams moving around can easily beat a mess of troops, but after a few rounds every plan has a weak spot exposed and unless one team doesn't adapt, then they will die a few rounds. Sad they only have it in US servers for now, feel sorry for the dedicated Europe and other players.

I think when the game releases, with more players and time, you'll see things begin to improve.  Eventually, one would hope, the experienced players will have learned teamwork, and would have enough numbers to form proper shield walls, arrow lines, and cavalry charges, we could see some impressive tactical manouvers enacted.

The Beta, even at it's most hectic, is at a skirmish scale, and at that scale, the majoriy will fall back on such individualist tactics as "jump!" and "charge!"

Mabons said:
Well while I wait killing myself slowly, whats it like folks?

Is it like what we thought it would be like? People sticking together, working in sort of formation. Or is it like every other FPS where we use each other as fodder and shout the words pwn and noob every 5 seconds?

In my experience, people don't usually chat and organize on maps where they can continually spawn, or on modes other than battle where everyone gets one life every round for ten rounds. It's the only mode capable of compelling people to band together when they're on a losing streak. On maps where continual spawn is possible, there's no need to band together since no one group can last very long without being dispersed.
The only tactics that are successful in organized groups at the moment are just forming up lynch mobs, anything more complicated rarely gets greeted with success, but I guess when people find more and more ways to fight and band together more effectively, tactics would have to develop further.

I also saw a video about Battle mode. That is very very good. That is the way I want to play my game. Side by side my countrymen fighting for my life. Of course I am over immersing myself there...

I did see nords doing some sort of strategy against the Khergits.

Voice chat and voice commands would be best for those that don't have a microphone.  Only problem is that any persons below the ages of 14 have the possibility of being muted right away.

also if the units where more special like some one giving arrows/throwing w
instead off picking them up from the battle field.
ore if the crossbow units could deploy there large shield

Back
Top Bottom