Question about warband modding.

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps

Master Knight
First of all, feel free to send this topic flying to the right board if this is not it. I'm not sure if those mod boards are for warband or just m&b. The question:
Is it possible to mod the armor models so that only your own team has the modified armors and the other team would have the normal ones?

Do you mean that the players get a different look on the same situation?
Like the enemy player sees himself as a sarranid robed guy with a sword but you see him with blue tunic and axe?
I really hope this is not possible because when I see me as a guy in brownish leather next to a brown tree how would I know then that I don't look like a bullseye with several red arrows poiting to me and "here be campers" in fiery letters to everyone else...

Should be possible.

I know there are some fan-made weapons you can add in to replace the standard models which don't prevent you playing on a native server.

Yes I know you can replace models. The problem is that it would have to be selective so it only happens to my own team. I don't care what the enemy sees. They could have just normal armors in their screens.

Changing a model in your game won't affect what anybody except for you sees.

If you want all of your team to see the difference they all have to replace the model.

Just like the banner pack - makes no difference to people who don't have it.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

What I mean is that when I replace all models of armors with custom ones I wan't to see them being worn only by my team. Let's say for example nords vs. swadians. When I play nords I want the nord team to have the custom uniforms but swadians the normal ones. Then when we switch teams I want my team of swadians to have the custom uniforms and the nords have the normal ones.

Yeah it would require minimum of coding some serious stuff into the game. If it were a clientside mod only then I don't think there's any combatibility issues.

Back
Top Bottom