Question about tweakmb

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone, I'm new to MBwarband (and this forum) and i hope i'm not posting this in the wrong section,

I'm playing native. I've been having issues in my playthrough with indicted lords : at least 2 lords get indicted for treason every day (!).
So i downloaded TweakMB to change the values of relation gain/loss for awarding fiefs. I read on forums that this will make the relationships between lords and kings better, and in turn will prevent mass indiction for treason.

However, i saw that the TweakMB soft is quite outdated. For instance, you have the option of changing quiver size for all kinds of bolts, but the large bag of khergit arrows isn't there (so i guess it was added after the latest version of TweakMB got out).
My questions are the following :
- when using TweakMB i hit "save change" to make the changes. However since the soft is outdated, is there a chance that it will delete some stuff that's been added in the later versions of MB ?
- will the tweak i made make the mass indiction stop from your experience ? I don't mean stop entirely, just less frequent.

I hope my question is understandable, and i apologize in advance if this isn't supposed to be posted here.

Thanks a lot !

...the large bag of khergit arrows...
I don't think there is an item called large bage of khergit arrows. It's just Khergit Arrows with "Large Bag" item modifier. Check Item modifiers on Mount and Blade wiki. I think it increases item count by 15%.

- will the tweak i made make the mass indiction stop from your experience ? I don't mean stop entirely, just less frequent.
If you increase relation gains and decrease relation losses, why not :smile: There are also some other factors like lord personalities etc.
Edit: Here is the link: Item Modifiers

Thanks for your answer George Carlin !

So do you know if tweakMB will change new stuff it doesn't know about because the version is too old?

Text files in the module folder usually uses a version value to point its file format. If the version of the file hasn't changed between module versions applications should be able to read and write without much issues.
Items file is simple to tweak. You just have to check item type and count values to tweak what you said. It shouldn't cause much problems. If it can open and display properly, it can save too.
Relation stuff is related to operations. It's probably handled by scripts. I think the application searches for the script id and counts operations and parameters to find values then changes only them. In these kind of cases it shouldn't cause problems either.
"Talking to village elder from the village menu" kind of tweaks may cause issues. These kind of tweaks adds/removes stuff.

Yeah but in tweakMB the "destroy bandit lair" isn't there. I tried going through the "conversation" txt file where the relation points seem to be awarded to change the value, but i can't find it.

Actually the root of my problem is that i'm a recent vassal of Swadia and now NO LORD gives me quests. It's always "task is to lowly for a vassal of the realm", but I end up unable to do quests for any lords except the "destroy bandit lair" ones ... Do you know of any way to change that ? I'd like to gain relations with the lords of the realm to be voted marshall so that wars won't be a massive disaster because of the IA...

When you become a vassal, they stop givin you simple quests. If you wanna increase relationship with lords, you can try helping them in battles. Let them get into a fight with an enemy outnumbering them, then go join battle. The more they're outnumbered, the relationship increase becomes more. You can also save the from imprisonment. It gives +7 relationship if i remember correctly.
About tweaking quest stuff, you should check dialogs and remove vassal checks for quests. Unfortunately there's modding tools that can help you with that available yet.

Oh ok thanks a lot ! Issue with joining allies in fights is that they don't help you for a siege unless you're the marshall is that right ? And therefore if you want them to help with a siege, you have to let them begin the siege and therefore loose much of the chances to have that castle/town be awarded to you ?

Oh ok thanks a lot ! Issue with joining allies in fights is that they don't help you for a siege unless you're the marshall is that right ? And therefore if you want them to help with a siege, you have to let them begin the siege and therefore loose much of the chances to have that castle/town be awarded to you ?
Rewarding fiefs is a little bit complex stuff. It's affected by whether or not you captured the fief, your renown, your current fiefs etc. lots of factors.

If you're new to the game i can tell you an infamous trick to capture town and castles alone. It's a little bit of an exploit of AI ?

Starting with equipment: You'll need 1-handed weapon, a shield (something large and durable, Huscarl's Round Shield is advised), and a ranged weapon and ammo (crossbows are advised if you don't play a ranged character using bow and arrow, high damage with no skill requirements)
Note: If you didn't tweak to increase ammo counts, you can ditch sword or shield for extra packs of ammo (or even both melee weapon is for emergencies and shield is for protection against ranged attacks at the start of the siege)

Your Skills: Leadership is good for army size, ironflesh for health pool and power draw for damage if you use bows.
Companion (Party) Skills: Pathfinding for fast travel, surgery for minimizing casualities, wound management for faster recovery and first aid for your and companion healths. Remember these work while companions aren't critically injured (Doesn't have red name in the troop screen)

Party composition: Ranged units excluding the ones with the throwing weapons (basically archers and crossbowman). Rhodok and vaegir ranged units are great. Swadian, Khergit and Nord ranged units are ok. You can also use sword sisters and mercenary crossbowman wwhen you find.

Tactics: First find a castle or town with ladders used in sieges. Siege towers takes quite a lot of times even with high engineering skill. Place your archer at the top of the troop list from best to worse. Siege, wait for ladder completion then attack. If they sally out (leave the castle and attack you) that means there is too much of a strength difference between the parties. Look for a fief with lesser and worse quality troops. When the battle starts, equip your shield, make everyone stand at their position (must be F1 then F1) and escape to a safe position like behind a large tree or near the castle walls where enemy ranged unit can't see you. While your ranged units and theirs shoot each other, leave you cover, try to snipe enemy units and return to cover quickly not to get shot. After a while enemy stops defending and moves to attack your units. If they don't get stuck at the ladder, leave the battle and siege again. (never go for melee) When all enemy ranged units are dead, it just becomes shooting practice on enemy melee units. Repeat until you capture the fief.

You can use it on any faction but rhodoks have strong shields and great crossbowmen, and nord melee units have strong shields and throwing weapons. These 2 factions are hardest.

You can also use this tactic on mods, but some modders desing siege maps in ways to prevent exploiting this.

A small trick before end, when enemy ranged units (including melee units with ranged weapons) are dead, you can climb ladder and get close to enemy units . When you are close enough but not in attack range they will raise their weapons and wait for you to get close. At that point you can headshot them at close range.
Edit: Here is someone doing it.

Thanks a lot for all that information !
At the beginning of my game I installed a little mod to have 350 battle size instead of 150 because i feel like you don't have that much strategic options with 150 (with reinforcements making your breakthroughs kinda ****).

For my character, I specialized in charisma to get the most leadership, and then a mix of archery, polearms and one handed. I attack with a great lance => war bow => cavalry saber and it works pretty well on a heavy courser.
My companions are specialized in :
- intelligence - tracking/pathfinding/spotting
- intelligence - trainer/tactics/engineer
- intelligence - wound treatment/first aid/surgery
- and then 4 companions with fighting skills. I started getting charisma for trading on one of them, but the more i play the more i find it a bit lackluster so i'm gonna get her some fighting skills

For my army i started to get a lot of archers and infantry with no cavalry in the early game. Worked really well against bandits, but once i had to fight the Nords (i'm a new Swadian vassal, and the Nords have taken praven and suno early in the game. We took back Suno though), this composition was absolute **** (huskarls butchered my infantry and apparently didn't care about being showered with arrows).
Now that i have a castle, i got myself 50ish swadian knights and fights in the open are insta-wins. Swadian knights also seem to be better infantry on foot than swadian sergents, which is a bit dumb.

I just took my second castle using the method your described : Rhodok crossbowmen + infantry line, exchanged shots with the garrison (butchered them), retreated and then dispatched the infantry on the top of the wall before charging in.

The reason i'm trying to use TweakMB is that i'm starting to get bored killing literal HORDES of bandits during peace time, since i have nothing else to do. I'm trying to get more relationship with lords so that i'll be marshal and start taking over the map, and also i'm considering increasing the bandit max numbers so that they're more of a challenge instead of mindless slaughter.

Game's great, i played a lot of kenshi but MB seems a bit better in the content department !

Back
Top Bottom