Question about troops armor

Users who are viewing this thread

RJ_Sera

Sergeant
I want to ask a question about mameluke troops, after a few months taking a break, today i decide to play again to see what's new,
The helmet of cataphract troop are back because people complain about it before, so dev decided to give it back, how about Heavy mameluke cav. I love the look they had before 1.5.4, now they wear the armor of master archer (before 1.5.4), i hate that style, many times i asked to give back the old mameluke heavy cav but devs ignored. I payed for this game as many others did, and recive not even an answer from u ? What's wrong with the old mameluke, they look very cool. I can have them again ? Will u ignore me again ?
1-IFk9nxUdFr-nJg85LuiixyNPXFwYffseSWYgT00d4.jpg

You can edit the unit yourself and change their armour to the one you want in the mpcharacters.xml in the Native > ModuleData folder
Should be able to just change the name of the armour to the old pieces

I payed for this game as many others did, and recive not even an answer from u ? What's wrong with the old mameluke, they look very cool. I can have them again ? Will u ignore me again ?
I dont think the devs can respond to everyone who asks them a question honestly. Their job is to develop the game. Talking to people on forums is what they have forum admins for.

Aside from that the devs have to make design choices and decisions and cant please everyone. If your complaint is that the armour piece is bad because its armor values are low or something id say thats a valid complaint but liking or not liking the appearance is personal taste. Others might actually like it, so what would the devs have to do in that case?

Like Poddicus said though you can alter the headgear if you really dont like it.

I dont think the devs can respond to everyone who asks them a question honestly. Their job is to develop the game. Talking to people on forums is what they have forum admins for.

Aside from that the devs have to make design choices and decisions and cant please everyone. If your complaint is that the armour piece is bad because its armor values are low or something id say thats a valid complaint but liking or not liking the appearance is personal taste. Others might actually like it, so what would the devs have to do in that case?

Like Poddicus said though you can alter the headgear if you really dont like it.
agree with u, they make the Cataphract great again (using old helmet) because someone asked them. I just wonder if i can ask them. I wish to see the old Mameluke again. Persenally i do not care much about other thing, buy this game just for the mameluke model (before 1.5.4). My play style is travel around trading and killing bandit with my mameluke party, visit some village and do quest, that's all. After they changed the armor and helmet, i no longer play and keep waiting and waiting, hope one day they can give back the old mameluke
The only two things i want in this game is 365days/year and the old mameluke, that's all. Never ask for anything else.
Hope my wish come true

The only two things i want in this game is 365days/year and the old mameluke, that's all. Never ask for anything else.
The first will never happen and the second you can change it yourself for your own game. Just follow Poddicus advise!

@Dejan i saw your coment said that feel free to tag if want to make s'thing clear, please let me know the mameluke model is temporary of permanent ? is there any chance they will get back their armor ?

Its quite possible that they deemed the stats a little too high on the old armour. From the look of it alone, they might actually be tankier than Vlandian Banner Knights lol.

Its quite possible that they deemed the stats a little too high on the old armour. From the look of it alone, they might actually be tankier than Vlandian Banner Knights lol.
they are the only heavy cav that aserai has, high armor is a reasonable thing they can have coz they are heavy cav. They looked very cool for me before 1.5.4

I'm talking about tier 5 troops which easy to recruit, noble troops are rare for me, only have some with luck
Ah I see. Nonetheless none of them are particularly heavy in comparison with other factions cav units, so buffing the mamluke heavy cav w the helmet would be fine imo.
Yes, but i just want the look they had before, even if they nerf their armor's number it's still fine for me. I love them from the first day i played this game.

I'm talking about tier 5 troops which easy to recruit, noble troops are rare for me, only have some with luck

Yes, but i just want the look they had before, even if they nerf their armor's number it's still fine for me. I love them from the first day i played this game.
I agree they looked very cool I was sad that they made them almost identical to the unit below them. I also miss what the Faris looked like before they made it look weird.

They really did **** the Faris up badly though. Why the **** do they wear such low tier gear as elite nobles?

I'm sure some sort of middle ground for the mameluke heavy cav could be reached. But again, best you just edit them. I have a feeling they won't change.

They really did **** the Faris up badly though. Why the **** do they wear such low tier gear as elite nobles?

I'm sure some sort of middle ground for the mameluke heavy cav could be reached. But again, best you just edit them. I have a feeling they won't change.
This game should have custom troops feature without using mod

Back
Top Bottom