Question about the "final" release (multiple version as now in beta?)

Users who are viewing this thread

@Callum @Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds

Will there still be an option to use older game version (Steam, console crowd is ****ed but not my problem) as it is now?

Or will there only be the latest "final" release version available? I hope we can still play the older versions after your "final" release.

Otherwise you´ll break mods again and again with minor updates as you did during the EA (which is of course ok while in EA).

So will it stay the way it is now?

Everyone aside from you will retain access to older builds. :iamamoron:

More seriously, there are no plans to remove all older versions. However, steam does have a limit on the total versions and as further patches are released, some older versions will need to be removed.

:grin:

Thanks, good to hear.

I´am aware about the Steam limit, last 5 versions should be more than enough, I mean there will be one update each 6-8 weeks as now I guess, so 5 versions would cover at least 8 months :smile:

Everyone aside from you will retain access to older builds. :iamamoron:

More seriously, there are no plans to remove all older versions. However, steam does have a limit on the total versions and as further patches are released, some older versions will need to be removed.
Do you know if fixing the older versions still in progress? I didn't go back to try them after 1.8.0 Beta came out, but the release of 1.8.0 Stable ended up dropping a bunch of 1.8 localization stuff into those older versions which broke them.

Do you know if fixing the older versions still in progress? I didn't go back to try them after 1.8.0 Beta came out, but the release of 1.8.0 Stable ended up dropping a bunch of 1.8 localization stuff into those older versions which broke them.
You can still play the older versions AFAIK - there is "just" a save game break see below. The fix for that is not off the table, but not straight forward either. Personally, I think the focus should be with the current/future versions.

Last edited:
You can still play the older versions AFAIK - there is "just" a save game break. The fix for that is not off the table, but not straight forward either. Personally, I think the focus should be with the current/future versions.

It wasn't a save break, or at least if there is, that isn't what was causing CTDs on loading the game in versions older than 1.8.0. Though I did look through some of the issue threads and it's been acknowledged recently (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-version-game-crash-issue.453801/post-9827679), so I guess that's already an answer to my question.

Back
Top Bottom