Question about the AI.

Users who are viewing this thread

I heard from the modders that some of the AI behavior are hidden in engine, which means only TW can change them. Currently, I'm playing with Realistic Battle Mod, the AI is better than vanilla, but overall you will still easily manipulate the AI in battles.

White knights going to scream "Than don't take advantage of the AI!", but the white knights refused to acknowledge that the dumb AI took away challenges and fun from the game.

No problem! There is the "Realistic combat" mod that at least makes it smarted in field battles if you'd like though
Yeah I use this though I only use the AI module which can be loaded separately.

HOWEVER. Just keep in mind that the more complex AI used in this mod will put a hurting on your CPU processing power. I have about a $3200 gaming rig and with the native AI, I can run 1500 man battles without a single hitch in frame rate. With the "Realistic Combat Mods" AI installed, I get tons of frame drops and lag even with my my battle size dropped back to to 1000. That is the price you pay for a more capable AI and probably the reason the Native AI is so terrible.

Also not only is the combat AI dumb, so is the campaign AI. Still dumb as ever.

Did TaleWorld make the AI better or is it still... well, not that good? Haven’t played in a while and I am just curious if the AI got better.
Campaign or battle?

The Campaign AI is a lot better about not starving itself and stuff like that, and it's targeting is improved if you like the idea of a frontline in a medieval fantasy game. But you as the player can still quite easily bait it out with simple tricks.

HOWEVER. Just keep in mind that the more complex AI used in this mod will put a hurting on your CPU processing power. I have about a $3200 gaming rig and with the native AI, I can run 1500 man battles without a single hitch in frame rate. With the "Realistic Combat Mods" AI installed, I get tons of frame drops and lag even with my my battle size dropped back to to 1000. That is the price you pay for a more capable AI and probably the reason the Native AI is so terrible.

I can't agree more about your comment on the campaign AI.

Siege AI is like:

tenor.png

This is more related to you using a mod that lifts up the engine restrictions.

I had no FPS drops with the mod with 1000 battle size. But Warband will still crash or perform bad with the battle slider (battle sizer mod) set to 1000 troops with the same pc. The Warband engine just can´t handle it.

Ryzen 7 3800XT OC 4,2 ghz
Asus Tuf 3080
32 GB DDR4 3200mhz
installed on a M2.SSD PCI4

Playing in 4k and all graphics settings maxed out but locked to 60 FPS.

Back
Top Bottom