Question about sorting by formations

Users who are viewing this thread

In the bannerlord online fashion, there is such a feature where you can assign, for example, a group 1 of fians and a group of 2 to the rest of the infantry. And in battle you put 1 group on the mountain as archers and 2 group infantry usa shield wall. So this feature seems to have been in the bannerlord alone in the old versions, but in the new ones, for example, on version 1.1.2, it was removed. So the question is why the developers removed such a useful function. How to get it back I was looking for mods on this topic, but I only found Troopsorting because of which the game crashes if I press the squad button.

TW introduced Battle Orders to allow you to do this. It's pretty customizable. It only appears if you have at least 20 troops. It doesn't work like it used to on the Party screen, but still gets the job done.

At present ALL companions, mounted or not, horse archer or not, WILL be designated to the infantry I troop formation, making a lot of work to sort them correctly

TW introduced Battle Orders to allow you to do this. It's pretty customizable. It only appears if you have at least 20 troops. It doesn't work like it used to on the Party screen, but still gets the job done.
What if I have one formation, for example, an Imperial Legionnaire and another formation, a borrowed warrior. I want to put them in 2 different groups

What if I have one formation, for example, an Imperial Legionnaire and another formation, a borrowed warrior. I want to put them in 2 different groups
The only way you can put NPCs in specific formations is if they are COMPANIONS, and they LEAD a formation.
They will then be placed in the formation they lead (this does not even work all the time, you usually have to click on them twice to select as formation leader before they will be placed in that group)

Why complicate it so much, it was possible to simply set the formation in the squad with a button with Roman numerals 1 group and make 2 groups one by one for everyone else, too. Why did the developers remove this function. That appears when fighting when more than 20 people is not that, there are infantry, bows, cavalry, etc. And I want a specific type of troops. What if I have 100 people in my squad: 80 imperial recruits band 20 legionnaires, so I want only recruits to attack in battle and legionnaires to stand aside.

Easy, make two Infantry groups. Mark one as low tier and the other as high tier. Balance the two groups with the slider so you only get borrowed troops by themselves. I do this all the time for leveling the lower tier troops of any kind.
Screenshot-2023-04-19-001908.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom