Question about MP - Some Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but I have some questions. Feel free to discuss about it and perhaps suggests things. :mrgreen:

1) I heard that there was going to ranked mode? Anyone knows what game mode that'll be? Is it captain mode and skirmish?

2) What do you guys think of having captain mode in the server browsers? It'll be more casual and perhaps provide more players in the server say 50 -100. But that means that maps would need to be reworked with bigger maps. This would be like Napoleonic Wars. Would everyone like it if they would play against more people or have it 6 v 6?

3) What would be some ideas for ranked modes that you have in mind? Maybe duel? Tournaments?

4) Does anyone knows if battle mode would be part of the ranked mode or will it be casual?

5) What do you guys think of ranked modes in Bannerlord? What do you like and what don't you like to see? Would you prefer a none competitiveness like in warband and NW?

2 - Captain mode in the server browser would be lovely. I like the way they did in Star Wars Battlefront 2 in the later versions personally, they had like 10 game modes or something silly but what they did is hid the most popular ones away a little (Galactic Conquest) which encouraged people to play the less popular ones, really good idea.

To the contrary there was an absolutely fantastic game mode in the old game Red Orchestra 2 called Countdown mode, it was a really brilliant mode but they hid it away in a menu for some unknown reason, and literally had a warning saying something along the lines of this mode is difficult only play it if you're good etc, so of course no one played it except for clan matches.

I always think it's a good design decision to make it easy to get in to play the game, but easier still to get into the bits which are less popular but which you are wanting to popularise. A lot of the time the less popular modes are simply not popular because they've been hidden behind a menu. Having people play a diversity of modes also helps keep the game alive for longer, which was always nice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 - Duel is super popular in Mordhau, 5v5 is super popular in CS:GO/DOTA 2, some people enjoy 3v3's. Basically I think as a dev you need to have a map you've spent ages making and have it used in several different ways (e.g. use the same map for Battle, Deathmatch, Duel, 3v3 etc), just change the spawn points, victory points, etc.

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but I have some questions. Feel free to discuss about it and perhaps suggests things. :mrgreen:

1) I heard that there was going to ranked mode? Anyone knows what game mode that'll be? Is it captain mode and skirmish?

2) What do you guys think of having captain mode in the server browsers? It'll be more casual and perhaps provide more players in the server say 50 -100. But that means that maps would need to be reworked with bigger maps. This would be like Napoleonic Wars. Would everyone like it if they would play against more people or have it 6 v 6?

3) What would be some ideas for ranked modes that you have in mind? Maybe duel? Tournaments?

4) Does anyone knows if battle mode would be part of the ranked mode or will it be casual?

5) What do you guys think of ranked modes in Bannerlord? What do you like and what don't you like to see? Would you prefer a none competitiveness like in warband and NW?
1. Eventually, from what I've seen. The main issue right now is a low playerbase and not alot of resources are put towards multiplayer

2. I'm all for having all modes in the server browser. It'd let us tryhards practise the game, and the casual players can have some fun. Captains mode cant really do much more than 6v6 though because their system would catch fire. Doesnt seem like flexibility was considered.

3. Hopefully Captains, Skirmish, Duel and maybe a 2v2/3v3 ranked mode. If you mean tournaments like in singleplayer, that might be interesting, otherwise the community hosts tournaments all the time, pretty sure a duel tournament just started a few days ago.

4. Not much known there, personally my guess is they'll treat Battle like their "event" mode, with single life and no gold. The competitive community has been incredibly clear on the fact that they want Battle to be the standard for competitive, and making Battle too much like Skirmish will end up cannibalizing both modes.
(Personally I prefer Skirmish to Battle, although the class system screws that up completely)

5. Mount & Blade has a very dedicated competitive scene, and theres no reason what so ever not to have ranked modes in the year 2021. Hopefully TW will start realising they can make alot of money on multiplayer and actually focus on it.
Without casual players, the competitive scene will die. Without competitive, the casual scene will die.

Likely skirmish and maybe duel with an MMR system; don't think it's much of a priority though.
I think both Skirmish and Captain would do better as server game modes, with slightly larger populations (20-50 or so). It would also help the issue of party stacks dominating the queue as the good players would gravitate to the same place and somewhat counterbalance each other.
Battle (6v6), Groupfight (melee only 2v2 or 3v3), Duel (1v1). Integrating a fast tournament system like Starcraft 2 or similar would be very cool.
Battle is currently unloved by TW, most likely to be made a server-only mode. However, I hope the competitive and casual community embrace it and this changes TW's approach. Might be a little late now.
I don't think ranked solves the issues currently causing problems in MP, but I'm not against it per se. There are just other things I'd do first.

Back
Top Bottom