Question About Crush Through

Users who are viewing this thread

Hans 77

Knight at Arms
"Two-handed weapons can now crush through a block on overswing attacks"

So, now I can take out my hammer as Battanian Savage, hold s key, spam overheads, and cruise to 100 kills on TDM while playing on auto-pilot, right?

P.S. -does this crush through work with just the hammers? Or is all two-handers? I'd love to hold s key with my menavlion too.

Its based on weight for both the attacking weapon and the defending one, so if you have a light weapon like say, the hatchet for battanian archer, I'd have to assume a menavlion could crush through that. (speculation)
And I hate it. It worked for warband because only slow heavy weapons could do it, if you knew how to counter it (left spam) it was rarely an issue unless you ****ed up, but the fights were often tense because if you screwed up, you're basically dead.
It also wont fix the problem of 2 handers being useless in skirmish, as archers and throwers are the main reason skirmishers are free kills.
We'll have to wait and see how they tweak it.

Although ive never been in a fight against a 2handed melee assailant IRL -id think youd be able to block the very beginnings of the swing before the fulcrum took over. After that if you still in same spot its night night

Its based on weight for both the attacking weapon and the defending one, so if you have a light weapon like say, the hatchet for battanian archer, I'd have to assume a menavlion could crush through that. (speculation)
And I hate it. It worked for warband because only slow heavy weapons could do it, if you knew how to counter it (left spam) it was rarely an issue unless you ****ed up, but the fights were often tense because if you screwed up, you're basically dead.
It also wont fix the problem of 2 handers being useless in skirmish, as archers and throwers are the main reason skirmishers are free kills.
We'll have to wait and see how they tweak it.
Only two handed hammers/mace *

"Two-handed weapons can now crush through a block on overswing attacks"

So, now I can take out my hammer as Battanian Savage, hold s key, spam overheads, and cruise to 100 kills on TDM while playing on auto-pilot, right?

P.S. -does this crush through work with just the hammers? Or is all two-handers? I'd love to hold s key with my menavlion too.
It's not in MP yet and we don't know how it will work; so apart from speculation there is no point worrying about it just yet. Besides it sounds very likely it will only be relevant with a two handed weapon against blocking one handers; and how often do you really see players in melee with a one hander and no shield (minus archers - who lets be honest were going to die anyway).

At the end of the day crush through won’t even matter, the issue with 2 handed classes isn’t in melee, it’s getting to the fight in the first place. And that will never be fixed in competitive play if you ask me. As for casual play...

Having to sneak around the back to get into the fight without being shot or couched doesn’t exactly fit the aesthetic of a Savage or Berserker does it. But then neither does a small shield.

I’ll wait and see these 3rd perk “passive” options for myself but one that made you take increased melee damage but reduced ranged damage by a lot would be cool, if completely blowing realism out the water.

I would construct it a bit different.
Crush through should be at 100% chance with 70%dmg when the opponent has only a 1h weapon equipt, regadless if it is a 2h sword or 2h axe or 2h mace(overswing).

If the Opponent has a shield, 2h swords shouldn t crush through, axes/maces because of their weight and form 40% chance and only 50%dmg but it should depend on the shield scale. A large roundshield should reduce the chance to 10% for example.(related to overswing)

If the Opponent has a 2hander than also 40% chance but 50% dmg(overswing)

Sideswing:
Opponent has a 1h weapon => 70% chance and 60%dmg all 2handers
2 Opponents have a 1h weapon and blocking same direkton(stand side to side) => chance should reduce to 40% for both with 60%dmg to the first which i will hit and 30%dmg to the second(when Axe).
Opponent with Shield=> no chance
2 Opponents with Shield(stand side to side) => you guess?
Opponent with a 2h=>no chance
2 Opponents with a 2h(side to side) = no chance

The missing percentage should count as stagger time which is reduced bei shield and 2h wearers and high by 1h wearers

I think that the fast 1handed should be handicapped, if they run without shields against a 2hander because it feels unrealistic that i can block with 1h a 2h sword swing where the swing has more physical strength behind it.

And i have to add: In a tournament fight by the battanians i saw a overswing crush through also with 2h Axes and sometimes with 2h swords also against Opponents who have also a 2hander

Last edited:
Pretty sure speed is what decides if there is a crush through
Yeah, speed, weight, weight of the defensive weapons, whether it's a heavy or light attack. I think done well it could be fine. In general I'm not a fan I'll be honest but I'm not going to write it off until I actually see it in play.

are you guys really questioning whether a two handed hammer would crush through a tiny baby one handed weapon
We're questioning if it should break through, yes. Because it creates a rock paper scissor fighting system, and relies less on skill.
If I have the Hatchet from battania archer, and I'm fighting a menavlion infantry, he'll be
Faster than me in movement
Longer range
Way higher damage output.
Until recently he would have more hp (I think that changed last patch)
Already Im at a massive disadvantage against him, so if you also add a 100% breakthrough chance, I have zero chance to beat him, all he has to do is block a few attacks, provided I even get close enough to do that and then boom he can kill me.
If I'm skilled enough to get close to him and slash his face off, I should be allowed to.

Back
Top Bottom