Question about "cheatmenu" additions

Users who are viewing this thread

Kronsire

Regular
Hello!

I've been playing several mods recently and even more so playing some older mods too, which brought me to a particular question regarding the "cheatmenu" or debug panel. My curiosity with the "cheatmenu" mainly stems from different mods sometimes having different "cheatmenu" options in particular.

Are there any known additions to the vanilla M&B Warband that allows for the "cheatmenu" to increase/decrease relations with towns/villages and/or increase/decrease prosperity of said towns/villages?  The only active mod I have found that possesses these options is Sands of Faith, but there have been no replies from that subforum.

Or is there any "simple" way in which I can add adjustments to the "cheatmenu" with rudimentary coding/scripting skills?

Any information would be appreciated, as I find additional debugs and cheats useful in other mods and vanilla when I want to begin with my own handmade kingdom, etc.

sure, cheatmenu is just a menu like any other. You can find it on module_game_menus.py, check tutorials on how to code MBScript if you are new.

Thanks for the information,

I'm currently (as of writing this) testing this out, though if anyone has some pointers regarding menus (including links!) I would love to see them too!

*cracks knuckles*

Time to try some stuff!

What would I not want! Lol

Though I'm still learning some of the scripting skills I need so any tips are welcome, as the learning curve is sharp  :lol:

Since you're curious, I was thinking of adjustments and additions that go along these ideas: That I would love to learn how to accomplish, as some are easier than others in my mind.

1. Prosperity changes to towns/villages
2. Relation modifiers for almost anything worthwhile, such as towns/villages/lords (though there are options to do that with lords, but none that I know of for their wives/daughters)
3. Weapon modifying with the various modifiers being able to just "cheat the item" into the inventory or add a said modifier (I've seen some work done with shop-keeps being able to "upgrade" weapons and armors but not an actual debug/cheat option for inventory or for the "find-item" option.
4. Instant build options when managing fiefs.
5. Adding experience to the party, though in a larger amount than the standard cheat allows (As I believe it is only 1,000 exp.)
6. Auto-learning all poems to the player character and/or auto-reading books
7. Skipping/Jumping days in chunks (Such as a set number of days).
8. An overall overlay for modifying unit types in-game (As certain troops have a "variety" of weapons/armor" and modifying them into one "set" of equipment or another without the need for adjusting the troop files and removing their other equipment options.)

These are the main ideas I've written out to work on as I learn more and more

builder of the gods said:
I shall try to make the first six in the coming weeks (2/3)
Will work it out this way:
1 check header operation/script when note found look at prosperity when caravan arrives without trouble
2 for wive and daughter copy and adjust lord like me
2.1 for towns copy tavern keeper jar of wine idea
2.2 for villages try when accepting quest
3.1 already exists in camp cheat menu: find a item
3.2 try begin ge item type replace :itm with :itm,imod_masterwork
else try (other item types)
4 skip menu immediatly to building it
5 try ctrl-l it doesnt gives 1000xp but one level
6 skipping menus again
7 wait for time 0,0,5 #rest while not attackable
8 explain this request i dont understand what you mean

Ps if you didnt understand all of this check my forge tutorial this is the "core"

Will work it out this way:
1 check header operation/script when note found look at prosperity when caravan arrives without trouble
2 for wive and daughter copy and adjust lord like me
2.1 for towns copy tavern keeper jar of wine idea
2.2 for villages try when accepting quest
3.1 already exists in camp cheat menu: find a item
3.2 try begin ge item type replace :itm with :itm,imod_masterwork
else try (other item types)
4 skip menu immediatly to building it
5 try ctrl-l it doesnt gives 1000xp but one level
6 skipping menus again
7 wait for time 0,0,5 #rest while not attackable
8 explain this request i dont understand what you mean

Ps if you didnt understand all of this check my forge tutorial this is the "core"
Did you ever end up doing any of this, it would be helpful in my speed run playthrough ?

Back
Top Bottom