SP - Quests [Questidea] - Way of the Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

An influencive landowner´s son/daughter is very eager to be a knight. The landowner is in doubt/doesn't know on his own what it takes and asks the player to bring the child to the field.

If accepted, a lowlevel youngster(with 2 random traits but Brave can't be negative) joins player party for 7 says.

Outcome variables(start at zero)
WoW
: Way of the Warrior - if positve at end of the week, they still wants to be a warrior
PC: Personal Chemestry - if positive at end of the week, they wants to join player

During this week, 3-5 dialogues comes up where the youngster aks about different things.
Some examples:
  • After a battle
    • If the youngster fell in the battle they are no longer very eager(Brave: -1)
      • Barter - Successful - eager.(Wow: +1)
      • Barter - Unsuccessful, Battle is not as glorified as they thought - disencouraged.(Wow:-1,PC: -1)
    • Else if youngster gained experience(at least 1 kill) and is Brave(at least 1 level) they are very (or even too) enthusiastic(Brave: +2)
      • Barter - Successful(Wow:+2, PC: +1)
      • Barter - Unsuccesful(PC: -2)
    • Else youngster might be chocked by all killing
      • Barter - Successful(Wow:+2, PC: +1)
      • Barter - Unsuccessful(Wow:-1, PC: -2)
  • After visiting a city
    • Visiting a tavern, youngster getting drunk
      • Barter - Successful(Wow:+1, PC: +1)
      • Barter - Uncussessful(WoW: -1,PC:-1)
  • Fielded for 2 days with no encounter
    • Getting bored
      • Barter - Uncussessful(Wow:-1, PC:-1)
    • Getting tired
      • Barter - Uncussessful(Wow:-1, PC:-1
  • Random
    • Way of the Warrior - Youngster engages in an enthusiastic glorified tale of a warrior hero
      • Barter - Uncussessful(Wow:-1, PC:-1)
    • Way of the warrior - Dark sides of warfare - Youngster helps digging latrines, drinks brown water or something else far from glorified warfare
      • Barter - Successful(PC: +1)
      • Barter - Uncussessful(Wow:-2, PC:-1)
Quest fails - Youngster leaves the party
- If player does not return to parent within between 7-10 days after quest is given
- If players party is disbanded

Quest successful - by player
- Player gets opinion with Notable
- If NOT (WoW > 0 and PC > 0 and Brave >= 0 and player has a open companion-spot)
---Player gets gold
- Else
---Youngster ask to join Player instead of some other lord for knight-training.
-----Player may accept and youngster joins party and player gets gold * 0,5
-----Player may refuse and get gold

Quest Successful - Alt
- Player gets opinion with Notable
- Player gets gold * 0,85
- A T2 noble troop(from the village culture) joins the party

Last edited:
I like the idea. I think you could add a bit of variety to the quest by having different goals. Let me explain:

The notable would have a chance to NOT WANT TO let his son/daughter become a knight, asking you to stop him/her. Hence you might want to try persuade him to stay home. The quest would then fail when the youngster leaves either with you or for some other lord.

Also I do not agree with the Brave cannot be negative:
If accepted, a lowlevel youngster(with 2 random traits but Brave can't be negative) joins player party for 7 says.
The youngster can be a coward, but since he never knew any real conflict and never was in any life and death situation, he may think that it is going to be easy. Then after the first fight he may just want to give up. Again, this just adds variety, which is good.

The notable would have a chance to NOT WANT TO let his son/daughter become a knight, asking you to stop him/her. Hence you might want to try persuade him to stay home. The quest would then fail when the youngster leaves either with you or for some other lord.
I´m all for variety but why would the notable let his youngster join players party in that case? :smile:

Also I do not agree with the Brave cannot be negative:
I don't say it must be positive. Just not below zero before the quest start. However, I can accept removing the positive Brave requirement for the youngster to join you :smile:

Back
Top Bottom