Resolved Quest: The Spy Party - Spy not spawning

Users who are viewing this thread

Bug Description: None of the usual spy contenders are spawning in Seonon. Quest given by Wythuin
How To Reproduce The Bug:
Complete the follow up to the quest
How Often The Bug Occurs:
First time it's happened
Quest Name:
The Spy Party
NPC Name:
X contender
Save Playtime(How long you've played that save/What day you're on):
Day 307 in game, about 18 hours RL

Not sure if related but in my game the spy with the correct description never spawns. The three options I find are missing one or more attributes. Oddly, I killed one and got positive relation with Sturgia despite negative relation with the lord who gave the quest.

Same bug, I saved the game in the city menu with the intent of savescumming the contestants, picked the wrong guy, reloaded, but upon returning to where they used to be (in 3 different areas of Varcheg), they have been replaced by generic thugs.

I visited a different City and went back to Seonon and as the others have descibed here, the contenders spawned but my clues were

- Has no markings
- Not bald
- Has a Beard.

None of the contenders matched this description, so I just guessed which one(Wrongly). Hopefully this gets fixed soon, feels like you're just playing the lottery.

Can also confirm I saved in the city and reloaded before this happened

Last edited:
Same bug, I saved the game in the city menu with the intent of savescumming the contestants, picked the wrong guy, reloaded, but upon returning to where they used to be (in 3 different areas of Varcheg), they have been replaced by generic thugs.
When this happens to me, I am forced to kill all the thugs (Having a look/don't take orders from you), kill another horde of bandits and the contenders appears again. But sadly, none of those (4 guys that appears to me) is the spy in the description.

Update: Tested again, you only need to deal the first group of thugs to make the contenders appears again.

BUT...I think my eyes deceived me, or someone is lying around there.

Oddly enough, this guy was called Confident Contender, not Bald.

Last edited:
BUT...I think my eyes deceived me, or someone is lying around there.

Oddly enough, this guy was called Confident Contender, not Bald.

This is 100%. I don't know about the reappearing portion of the original post, I went to another city and they spawned, just like the post below said. It was the bald guy.

I visited a different City and went back to Seonon and as the others have descibed here, the contenders spawned but my clues were

- Has no markings
- Not bald
- Has a Beard.

None of the contenders matched this description, so I just guessed which one(Wrongly). Hopefully this gets fixed soon, feels like you're just playing the lottery.

Can also confirm I saved in the city and reloaded before this happened

I'm having this issue, though my clues are:
  1. Has a beard.
  2. Young.
  3. Unmarked.
I originally wandered around and found "Dignified Contender" who looked to be the right fit hanging out at the waterfront. I agreed to a tournament (bad idea, I was wounded and hasn't tried a tournament so he promptly killed me). I reloaded, still had all three clues, and no contenders are spawning anywhere, I've walked through the whole city twice and am very frustrated.

Is there any way to get into the save file (XYZ.sav) and complete the quest ? I've reloaded the save multiple times killed all of the spawned contenders and failed everytime i saved on the city menu, killed thugs and am using e1.1.0 beta

I originally wandered around and found "Dignified Contender" who looked to be the right fit hanging out at the waterfront. I agreed to a tournament (bad idea, I was wounded and hasn't tried a tournament so he promptly killed me). I reloaded, still had all three clues, and no contenders are spawning anywhere, I've walked through the whole city twice and am very frustrated.
Is there any way to get into the save file (XYZ.sav) and complete the quest ? I've reloaded the save multiple times killed all of the spawned contenders and failed everytime i saved on the city menu, killed thugs and am using e1.1.0 beta

I believe your young clue also says they are not bald? This is incorrect. This was my suggestion for a clue change on another thread in order to get people through:
"Yeah, I saw someone like that poking about the market, asking about emergency supplies and such. Had a wicked-looking ax at his hip that I wouldn't want to be on the other end of."

I did testing on this issue which can be found HERE

Someone else did a post with pictures HERE

Try leaving the city and entering again, I also had this problem but once I left and entered straight away i found him near waterfront (location subject to change)

There are multiple locations for thugs, also, sometimes if you see the person you talked to be shift or unsure it may be a wrong description. After all, people in real life are terrible with recounting details of a person. Just save, attack, reload if you are wrong but it will be one of the named contenders, just might not be 100% truthful description

There are multiple locations for thugs, also, sometimes if you see the person you talked to be shift or unsure it may be a wrong description. After all, people in real life are terrible with recounting details of a person. Just save, attack, reload if you are wrong but it will be one of the named contenders, just might not be 100% truthful description
I have never had someone give me a wrong clue, save for the one listed as likely bugged in the linked posts above. Each set of clues is meant to lead you to a specific contender, they just messed up one set. The post I linked above as having pictures is listed as "In progress" Which likely means the devs know it's a bug and will be fixing it.

Really? I have had it happen twice so i thought it was normal
What you may be considering as an incorrect clue, is likely the bugged set of clues. The not bald, has a beard, no markings clue set is currently believed to be an error on the developer's side which is listed as "In Progress" on another post you can find HERE, which has pictures of the competitors and the broken clue.

To my knowledge, all other clue sets describe at least one contender. There is one other clue set that technically could match two but, since there are only four clue sets which are randomly given (so can be out of order), you should first eliminate candidates based upon the hair description. If the hair does not explicitly match (again, keep in mind the faulty clue), then that is not your spy. From what I can recall, the solutions are in the spoiler below:

Note: The Confident Contender has one clue which is likely a mistake by the developers. He is bald, despite what that clue says.
Format: Contender (Their distinction from the others): Summarized clues.
  1. Confident Contender (Bald one with an ax): Has a beard, not bald, no markings.
  2. Dignified Contender (Only one with facial markings): Has a beard, has a sword, not bald.
  3. Bold Contender (Bald one with a sword): Has a beard, has a sword, no markings.
  4. Hardy Contender (Only one without a beard): Not bald, has a sword, no markings.

Ackdam is correct. The issue with the Spy Party quest is the description is bugged for one of the descriptions. Mine was also the Confident Contender, that while the description is bugged, allowed me to complete the quest. As far as the contenders not reappearing, like Sirblacksmith said above, they do if you leave town and come back.

So far, I've tested multiple saves, and the contenders DO come back. I have had to leave town, walk a few steps away and come back. Also tried waiting in the field a tick or two, then coming back. The contenders do show back up, albeit in different places (always with the thugs, I believe they are intended to be "moving around".)

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom