Quest Suggestions - Europe 1200 Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah. the possibility of finding unique stuff would spice up things a lot,and if they have a story behind it's even better.like (and sorry for going at it again)the ' lance of destiny'  :grin:

tarabostu said:
yeah. the possibility of finding unique stuff would spice up things a lot,and if they have a story behind it's even better.like (and sorry for going at it again)the ' lance of destiny'  :grin:

Or how about the "Holy Lance", "Holy Spear" or "Holy Hand Grenade". All made courtesy of Antioch :wink: :lol:

On the topic of unique items, I made this suggestion in this thread before but I will reiterate it as a reminder. It would be great if the player has random encounters by traveling merchants/street urchins/seers/and other assorted charlatans who try to peddle you "holy relics" or "magical weapons" that supposedly would bring you victory/health/fertility/stamina with the ladies/protection from witchcraft...

Based on the notion, perception is reality; In some rare cases these specific items might add to your perceived right to rule,renown,or piety (when implemented) especially if you have high persuasion skill to convince others that what you bought and carry with you is indeed magical, or cursed, or blessed...

In most cases though what you buy will be nothing more than overpriced junk and will have no effect but lighten your wallet coin sack, and might actually have the negative effect of reducing your renown or right to rule because you will be perceived as naive.

This would be historically accurate, and there is no shortage of "holy artifacts" that peddlers can try to push your way... Saints bones, holy grail, spear of destiny, prophets hairs (popular among muslims), holy amulets against the evil eye, seal of solomon, piece of the true cross, staff of moses... The medieval hawker's imagination is the limit...! :smile: There is no dearth of medieval myths to draw inspiration from for potential trinkets...

Korinov said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Do not forget this strange trip alongside a sullen albino called Gerald or Gerard of something like that. I don't know whose idea was it anyway.
Mine  :mad:  And his name is Roger.

Oh, I wasn't talking about Roger, I was talking about adding Geralt and all his friends; Triss, Yennefer, Regis, Angouleme, even his new friends Roche and Iorveth.

corwin_of_amber said:
On the topic of unique items, I made this suggestion in this thread before but I will reiterate it as a reminder. It would be great if the player has random encounters by traveling merchants/street urchins/seers/and other assorted charlatans who try to peddle you "holy relics" or "magical weapons" that supposedly would bring you victory/health/fertility/stamina with the ladies/protection from witchcraft...

Based on the notion, perception is reality; In some rare cases these specific items might add to your perceived right to rule,renown,or piety (when implemented) especially if you have high persuasion skill to convince others that what you bought and carry with you is indeed magical, or cursed, or blessed...

In most cases though what you buy will be nothing more than overpriced junk and will have no effect but lighten your wallet coin sack, and might actually have the negative effect of reducing your renown or right to rule because you will be perceived as naive.

This would be historically accurate, and there is no shortage of "holy artifacts" that peddlers can try to push your way... Saints bones, holy grail, spear of destiny, prophets hairs (popular among muslims), holy amulets against the evil eye, seal of solomon, piece of the true cross, staff of moses... The medieval hawker's imagination is the limit...! :smile: There is no dearth of medieval myths to draw inspiration from for potential trinkets...

It is a neat idea, but like many others, it's still quite down the list, I think.

Cèsar de Quart said:
Korinov said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Do not forget this strange trip alongside a sullen albino called Gerald or Gerard of something like that. I don't know whose idea was it anyway.
Mine  :mad:  And his name is Roger.

Oh, I wasn't talking about Roger, I was talking about adding Geralt and all his friends; Triss, Yennefer, Regis, Angouleme, even his new friends Roche and Iorveth.
If Triss Merigold is included, you might as well remove all marriageable ladies from the game... Because no one will be able to compete with her! And If Vernon Roche is included, he could have an identical twin named Korinov... Now that would be Meta! :grin:

Cèsar de Quart said:
corwin_of_amber said:

It is a neat idea, but like many others, it's still quite down the list, I think.
True it's not a priority, I just brought it up to explain how holy relics can someday be included in the mod, in a realistic way.

What about a «become a grandmaster of X order quest/event»
Working as a votation of the lords in the order each 365 days ,and you whould require a considerable amount of renown to be a candidate ,lets say you are adviced that the election is taking place one week before the atual election ,in he tournament fashion, and you whould need convincing other lords to suport you,like the Marshall election.

BernhardTheUgly said:
What about a «become a grandmaster of X order quest/event»
Working as a votation of the lords in the order each 365 days ,and you whould require a considerable amount of renown to be a candidate ,lets say you are adviced that the election is taking place one week before the atual election ,in he tournament fashion, and you whould need convincing other lords to suport you,like the Marshall election.
The title of Grandmaster was for life.

Sad thing indeed :S *Starts planing grandmasters assassination XD*

is there like a list of all quests suggested here, and wich ones are probably going to be made?
i mean imagine if you had so many quests that you could never do 1 quest 2 times i mean that's the dream  :mrgreen:

Executor-64- said:
is there like a list of all quests suggested here, and wich ones are probably going to be made?
i mean imagine if you had so many quests that you could never do 1 quest 2 times i mean that's the dream  :mrgreen:
Yes, on the first page, although I don't know if Korinov updated it.

Because we decided SpaceTurks are way cooler. And since they're SpaceTurks, you can't actually see them in the mod, unless you use a glitch which turns the strat-map camera upwards. In that case, you can see their glorious armada of spaceships shining among the stars, and brighter than them, firing their spacelasers at the equally formidable armada of the SpaceMongols, as the two great cosmic forces engage in a blazing spacebattle. But that's only if you discover the glitch by yourself, since I won't tell you how to do it, except that it entails the delivery of 3 tons of cotton (and a few other, unspecified items) to the hometowns of each of the mod's team members.

P.S. You've posted in the wrong thread as well.

hi guys
I have a suggestion relating to the research, I think it easier to all of the data you enter to extract game directly from the game Crusader Kings 2, they have been there done that part very thoroughly and you only have to download it all

The only thing CK2 can help us with research-wise is the lords and heraldry (though I have my reservations about that, especially the latter). Their settlement system is radically different from ours and so are their troops.
Also, the only research left to do is, AFAIK, the Outremer, for which I'm sure there'd be plenty of enthusiasts to help us do it more accurately (considering it's such a wildly popular area of interest).

P.S. You've posted in the wrong thread as well.

ZnasVecKo said:
Why isn't the Unique Quest mentioned in the changelog for the next version added here?

It is.

Edit: ah, you mean the list in this thread? Once 0.22 is released I'll try to put some effort in this thread, update things and maybe add a few quests for next release. No guarantees, but there are some really good ideas around here and I'd really love to have many of them in the mod. I'll look into it, I promise.

I'm imagining an interesting quest involving Arthur I, Duke of Brittany. It stems from his claim to the English throne from him being a grandson to the English King Henry II.

There are two sides you can take: French (Arthur being King of England was a goal of the French King Philip II) or English.

French:
Speak to either King Phillip II or Arthur.
Starting the quest will turn Arthur into a claimant for the English throne, the quest being you have to fight the war to put him on that throne (a.k.a. your standard M&B Civil War).

English:
Speak to King John.
Capture Arthur in battle and bring him to King John. He will then have you kill Arthur in prison, removing him from the realm and solidifying John's hold to the throne.

Back
Top Bottom