Quest skill checks overhaul suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

The requirements to have a companion solve a quest at the clan 4+ tier are simply too high in base game.
The level of skill required is insane for quests and most companions/heroes will not have the skillset required decades into the game

Instead of simply refusing the player to send a companion to solve a quest if they fail the prerequisites, I propose the following

Skills reduce the time needed to solve an issue

- Quests would have a baseline of a week to resolve if skills required are met.

- Time completion penalties would be added if the skill check is not met.

- Companions would be marked to show whether or not they meet the requirement (Green, Yellow, Orange, Red)

Example

Art of the Trade (Trade 150)

- If the companion meets the requirement, one week to complete (green)

- If the companion only has 50-99% skill points of the required skill, it would take two weeks (yellow)

- At 25-49%, it would take three weeks (orange)

- At 0-24%, it would take an entire in-game month. (red)

Why I suggest this

- By clan rank 4 onward, the player most likely will not bother with these quests as the rewards are meager.
There is very little incentive apart from relations gain or increasing settlement security which can be bypassed by more efficient means.
Quests by this point lack any sort of urgency, and just clutter up your view.

- This would also allow for better companion management and training, as you could boost skills companions lack by sending them on quests
they normally wouldn't be able to achieve. As the game lacks any real method of training companions, I think this would be beneficial to the
end game product.

I’d be greatly in favor of this. I think one of the devs is working on improving skill-gaining and this feels like a way to do just that.

The requirements to have a companion solve a quest at the clan 4+ tier are simply too high in base game.
The level of skill required is insane for quests and most companions/heroes will not have the skillset required decades into the game

Instead of simply refusing the player to send a companion to solve a quest if they fail the prerequisites, I propose the following

Skills reduce the time needed to solve an issue

- Quests would have a baseline of a week to resolve if skills required are met.

- Time completion penalties would be added if the skill check is not met.

- Companions would be marked to show whether or not they meet the requirement (Green, Yellow, Orange, Red)

Example

Art of the Trade (Trade 150)

- If the companion meets the requirement, one week to complete (green)

- If the companion only has 50-99% skill points of the required skill, it would take two weeks (yellow)

- At 25-49%, it would take three weeks (orange)

- At 0-24%, it would take an entire in-game month. (red)

Why I suggest this

- By clan rank 4 onward, the player most likely will not bother with these quests as the rewards are meager.
There is very little incentive apart from relations gain or increasing settlement security which can be bypassed by more efficient means.
Quests by this point lack any sort of urgency, and just clutter up your view.

- This would also allow for better companion management and training, as you could boost skills companions lack by sending them on quests
they normally wouldn't be able to achieve. As the game lacks any real method of training companions, I think this would be beneficial to the
end game product.
I like the idea.
Not sure who we should tag to bring some attention to this. Maybe @Dejan ?
As you said, it is a clever way to valorize basic issues in late game.

Back
Top Bottom