Version number
e1.6.2.283738
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Quest response options - NPC vs Main Character
How to Reproduce:
I have only looked at one quest (Artisans can't sell their products <location>) but I suspect it could relate to a few other similar quests.

The Main character has response options:
1 to accept the quest for main character to perform (no indication of risk)
2. have a companion do the quest
3. Sorry. I can't do that now.

With changes in this version e1.6.2, after selecting option 2, the risk of failure is provided for each companion.

So if you accept as main character, you do not know if there is a risk of failure (or if you know from experience, do not know the actual chance of failure). Indication of failure is almost immediate after accepting option 1. Because the time it takes to load the next cut scene/interaction and interruption to normal return to the settlement menu.
The resulting dialogue is a lose-lose interaction with options choose to: lose Merchant faction, or lose Artisan faction.

Generally, this means I just ignore the quest because for the main character the content sucks, as you do not know which stat requires improvement (and with game progression the requirements seem to advance faster than you can improve the skills main or companion).
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: N/A

Do you have a save file just before the conversation happened?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I deleted my old campaign files, as I had missed many opportunities for companion development under 1.6.1. But when I loaded my current campaign save file, I found I was in a settlement with this exact quest available.
So I have uploaded the save file and a zipped folder containing screen snips of the relevant dialog.

A second quest that does not give main character risk is the "Fencing Stolen Goods". In the sav file I uploaded, travel to Phycaon and speak with Dogface Sovos. I have only ever left the city successfully (in previous versions) once.

Neither quest indicate which skills can be improved to reduce the "risk of failure".

Under the old system, it gave you mouse over of required skills and levels for companions who could not do it. It would be nice if the minimum success requirements were available via mouse over (hint) of the dialog option (the amount of information could be reduced based on difficulty level settings: easy - skills & levels; medium - skills; hard - no hints).

Because the time it takes to load the next cut scene/interaction and interruption to normal return to the settlement menu.
This issue is fixed at the development version.
For the % information, there are no risks for players but there is a risk for companions, that's why its not written on player's textbox. It is intended.

If the quest has no risk for players, why do I get intercepted by a merchant in both (Artisans can't sell their goods and Fencing stolen goods)?

Artisans can't sell their goods - Trading (based on indications for companions), so I can estimate existence of risk based on main character trade skill vs companion trade skills. But I can only be assured of no risk, if a companion present has no risk and main character has equal or better skill.

Fencing stolen goods - most likely Roguery, but this quest cannot be allocated to a companion. So there is no indication of risk associated with a given quest offer.

Noting that has a character levels up, the difficulty of all quests increase, so previous success is never a sign of no risk.

Obviously, I get intercepted because my main character does not have high enough skill(s). Neither of these two quests have a player action input to the outcome as in the dialog that ensues, you only get two options: give up the goods or become branded as a criminal. Both having a negative outcome.

Examples of dialog with player input are the Negotiations with the Poachers and talking the wayward daughter into returning to her father.

Back
Top Bottom