SP - Quests [QUEST IDEA] Settlers are welcome in our village

Users who are viewing this thread

Type of quest: small and linear (no alternative endings) quest for early-mid game
Why to implement: it helps to rebuild prosperity of looted villages and gives quest variety. I would like to do a quest like that for my own village to help it grow faster and provide more denars for my main party.

There was a similar quest in Warband or in one of Warband’s mods

A Village Headman informs the player that their village is one of the poorest in the area. It pains the headman to see fields unploughed and drainage ditches grass-grown. It was not always like that. However, recently many people living in the village died or simply left. With the small community they have it will take a long time to rebuild prosperity of this land.

The player asks what they can do about it.

The Village Headman states that if only, lets say, 50 willing peasants of their culture would move in they could direct them to necessary work and make proper use of land they have.
The Village Headman promises a reward to the Player if they are able to convince volunteers to move in.

From this moment, the player is able to speak with other Village Headmen and ask if anyone else is willing to move into the quest village. At that moment begins persuasion check where the player can refer to their leadership, stewardship, charm or roguery to convince peasants. Better the check result, the more “settlers” join the player's party. It should take visiting 4-5 villages to complete gathering 50 peasants. These may be delivered in “batches” before the deadline for the quest finishes.

The player talks to the Village Headman. The Village Headman says that they are actually surprised that so many settlers arrived in their village. They did not expect it and… they did not prepare for it. New arrivals do not have a place to live.

The player asks what they can do about it.

The Village Headman states that with 20 hardwood and 10 flax they could construct some simple huts.

The player gets the resources back to the Headman. They thank the player and offer to pay the player in raw materials they have e.g. reward for the quest could be 5000 denars, but paid using 5000/average price of good produced by the village = amount of raw materials given to the player along with renown, exp and prosperity to the village. [Edit: it could be difficult with grain. Getting ~400-600 grain could be problematic, maybe half as denars and half in raw materials?]

Last edited:
Nice quest! You are a talanted quest-designer :smile:
Thank you :grin:

Main limitation of Bannerlord quests is their randomness (it is a sandbox). Quests would be more interesting if there was a longer story, voice acting and there were reappearing heroes that need our help again. Shaping the world with decisions that the player takes is also cool.
I keep my fingers crossed that we might see some of it: adding 5-10 proper campaigns (similar to main story) and ~50-100 smaller quests would make the gameworld more alive.

Thank you :grin:

Main limitation of Bannerlord quests is their randomness (it is a sandbox). Quests would be more interesting if there was a longer story, voice acting and there were reappearing heroes that need our help again. Shaping the world with decisions that the player takes is also cool.
I keep my fingers crossed that we might see some of it: adding 5-10 proper campaigns (similar to main story) and ~50-100 smaller quests would make the gameworld more alive.
such depth and lore continuity would be totally arduous to develop. but would result in a real cult following- creating game... .

Back
Top Bottom