Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings!

I can't find the boy Talison in the "Family Feud" Quest. His father told
me, that Talison is here in the village of Neocorys and I searched nearly
an hour for him. Maybe someone knows if he has a fix place in the
village of Neocorys?

Thanks for an answer

Duke

I have the same problem... I can't find Borun from Bryn something... When I hold "alt" theres no floating icon with the name "Borun" in the village, only the notables that are acessed by the context menu in the world map. Spent almost an hour looking for the boy with no success.

I solved it! I found Talison with the "help" of the show-indicator-button after
a while. He hides outside the village in the woods.
Thank you yeoman, but i found my customer meanwhile you wrote it here. :smile:
But I couldn`t finish the whole quest because Matis of Zeocorys didn´t want to
know anything of the quest. Yet still, two weeks ingame after the quest has failed,
Talison is still in my party and I can't remove him. :roll:

Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.

The problem I had with this quest was that I kept the dude safe for 4 days but the quest still failed, and then I couldn't remove him from my party. He became part of my clan, I evicted him from it, but I still can't remove him from my party, I'm stuck with a lowly NPC as a companion :sad:

The second part of the quest is tricky to advance. Took me a bit of save-scum trial-and-error to figure out. The way to do this (or at least one way that worked for me): while in the Village screen but before doing anything, use the "Leave Party Member Here" button, in the upper right corner of your screen, and leave Talison in Zeocorys. This will ensure that Talison spawns into the Zeocorys scene with you, like one of your companions.

Don't talk to the aggrieved elder (Matis?) directly from the village screen shortcut. Enter the village normally (the "Talk a walk around village center" option). Use the ALT key to see where Matis is, but don't go talk to him yet. First, talk to a companion and get them to gather the others around you. Second, you might want to draw your weapon/shield. THEN go talk to Matis. With Talison close by, that will trigger the dialogue sequence which advances the quest. A close-quarters fight occurs immediately upon exiting the dialogue (there's a few thugs hanging around Matis). Win the fight to complete the quest (it's not that hard if you know it's coming and have some companions with you).

Don't talk to the aggrieved elder (Matis?) directly from the village screen shortcut. Enter the village normally (the "Talk a walk around village center" option). Use the ALT key to see where Matis is, but don't go talk to him yet. First, talk to a companion and get them to gather the others around you. Second, you might want to draw your weapon/shield. THEN go talk to Matis. With Talison close by, that will trigger the dialogue sequence which advances the quest. A close-quarters fight occurs immediately upon exiting the dialogue (there's a few thugs hanging around Matis). Win the fight to complete the quest (it's not that hard if you know it's coming and have some companions with you).

It doesn't seem to matter who wins the fight. I used the shortcut from the village screen to talk directly to the elder, the fight kicked off and they immediately slaughtered the guy I was supposed to be protecting (and downed one of my companions to boot). After which the quest ended, I got paid and according to the journal it was a resounding success.

It doesn't seem to matter who wins the fight. I used the shortcut from the village screen to talk directly to the elder, the fight kicked off and they immediately slaughtered the guy I was supposed to be protecting (and downed one of my companions to boot). After which the quest ended, I got paid and according to the journal it was a resounding success.

Interesting. That didn't happen to me...a lost fight had the expected effect: quest failure, no payment, and the original elder angered at me. Definitely some bugs with this quest that need to be ironed out.

Obtw...just did this quest a second time. There is also a way to resolve the quest without a fight, via dialogue. Apparently based on Charm skill plus other traits like Mercy, Calculating (I suppose that comes from companions...afaik the player character doesn't have those sorts of traits? At least mine doesn't yet anyway).

I haven't paid attention to Charm at all as far as focus points, perks, etc, still succeeded. So either I got lucky or it's not too tough, lol.

Back
Top Bottom