Quest Companion Skill requirement is ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

X3KJ

Recruit
Companions level very slowly, and for some reason the Quest requirements to be able to send them on missions scales with player level (?) or army size (?)
Case in point, it requires 150 trade skill to go to next town and get 30 units of grain ... My character is lvl 24 and even though i traded a lot, not even i have skill lvl 150
ludicrousskillj9koa.jpg

ridiculous

And combat missions require also ludicrous skill, 150 tactic and 150 leadership or something to spank some poachers - again, my own character is lvl24 and clan lvl 5 (50% to 6) and has 50 in each...

Indeed that needs to be rebalanced.

There are some companions who you can use to run the starting quests, but when you rise in levels, the requirements rise far too high. There is not one companion you can get that high. Also the amount of time the companions need to do the quests are absurd.

20 Days (Thats nearly 1/4 year) for going to a point and returning to you?

Yeah, this is the opposite of felt progress. I have risen in the world so I have to do MORE bull**** tasks myself. Companions as they are need a rework. There’s not a ton of variety and most of them are useless. Like, the primary role of your roguery companions is to intimidate people, but they’re all small and weasely. A guy named “Horsethief” has no roguery skill.

They also basically start at their max ability instead of growing into it, which precludes the player from developing support skills. Your brother is probably the worst in this regard. There’s really no reason the player should be the leader of the clan, when the master horseman and leader is back.

Last edited:
The quests requirements are way too high. I'm not even sure that they should be there at all since the notables are perfectly fine trusting these tasks to the unskilled player. And if the unsolved quests are going to affect prosperity and make the notables lose power, then it should be easier to let our companions do them. If they really insist on requirements, they should be in the 20-50 range.

I think it would be interesting to have a combination skill check with you and the companion. Like, depending on the task you need to pass a leadership/tactics check and your companion needs to have some basic skill level.
The other issue I have with companion tasking is that they take a crazy amount of time. Something I could do myself in 6 hours somehow takes my companion two weeks.

Both skill requirements and the time required for a companion complete a task need to be reduced. Significantly reduced.

Back
Top Bottom