Resolved Quest "bring herd to a friend at the end of the world in 4 days"

Users who are viewing this thread

Bug: the quest target (a gang leader) is killed before I get to meet him and hand over the herd and peasants. Quest is considered failed (instead of canceled without penalty) because I haven't delivered the herd on time.

Possible correction: I should be able to bring back herd to the quest giver and get a relationship boost with him or keep the herd for myself witout penalty just the bonus I got lots of horses or cows in my inventory for free.

Reproduction steps:
1. Get a "deliver the herd" quest
2. Kill the quest target somehow (in my case I think the quest target was a gang leader and was killed by another gang leader)
3. wait and see your quest fails

My report was not about the penalty, it was about the fact the quest is impossible to achieve if the quest target (the guy that I need to give the herd to) is killed the same day they quest is given to me.
Please move back to bugs forum.

As I said, this is intended. If I move this to the technical support forum, it will be marked as solved, as it's not a bug.

I can't believe it is intended. How can someone intend to make the quest impossible to achieve? It makes no sense.
The quest target dies as soon as I get the quest so it's impossible to achieve the quest.
When target dies quest is not canceled immediately but the delay runs until it reaches "0 days left". Then I get a message "you didn't bring herd in time to target" which doesn't make sense. I can't bring the herd to the target because he is not in the town because he is dead (in encyclopedia he is marked as dead the day I got the quest).

The only thing that makes sense to me is that it is an "unintended" consequence of a combination of 2 events:
1. gang leader dies in gang fights
2. when quest is given to player a random target among all gang leaders is selected as quest target

And developers didn't anticipate the fact a quest target may die in a gang fight (maybe deaths from other reasons but not death following a gang fight).

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

I hope this is not considered solved based on what I have read in the Beta 1.5.6 Patch Notes: "Needs to Deliver Herd" issue duration is increased to 30 days.

I think there is a misunderstanding of the problem because of the title of my post.

The title should be changed from

Quest "bring herd to a friend at the end of the world in 4 days"

to

Quest "Needs to Deliver Herd" is impossible to finish successfully (target NPC to whom the herd must be delivered is killed in gang fight on the same day when the quest is given)

Back
Top Bottom