Quartermaster, Scout, Surgeon etc roles

Users who are viewing this thread

Are these simply not fully fleshed out. Conceptually I'd expect assigning a companion to say surgeon gives them a bonus for certain medical related skills, ditto for quartermaster, scout etc.

For scout the first three items under the scouting skill do list 'scout' as the member it's applied to. But that's about it. All the rest are either personal or party member.

For surgeon I could only find one skill, for some reason "Horse Expert" under Steward skills lists 'surgeon' as the target. All the Medicine skills list personal, party member, party leader or governor as the target.

For quartermaster I'd have thought it would boost trade or tactics skills but I couldn't find any skills that references quartermaster as a target. Likewise for engineer.

So if assigned roles have no bearing on skills then it makes me wonder why reference the first 3 scout skills, if they do have bearing then what's up with all of them.

In the end I have to assume it's just a not fleshed out and roles don't do much but maybe I'm overlooking and something.

yea idk what it does, i do know if i assign a companion as quatermaster i lose 10 party slots for troops and it goes to 99, if im the quatermaster then i can have 109 troops

I'll try to help a bit

First of all, being assigned a role doesn't give a boost, but it does give you experience for a specific skill:

Scout: uses scouting skill to improve spotting and tracking
Surgeon: uses medic skill to reduce dying chance in battle and healing speed outside of battle
Quartermaster: uses steward skill to increase party size
Engineer: uses engineer skill to help with the construction of siege weaponry at a siege camp.

A bit more info but may be considered a spoiler:
at this time, there are only 2 roles that can be usefully filled by companions. The scouting role and the surgeon role. I generally take the quartermaster role myself, but sometimes take the surgeon role to acquire some medic experience. You could also take the engineer role yourself, but I don't think that's the most usefull at this point.

And some info we're putting together about skills might help as well:

Back
Top Bottom