LSP 2D Art Quapitty's Banner Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

quapitty

Sergeant Knight
Hey, I made some banners and I felt like I would like to share them with this awesome community and maybe some people might be happy to use them. All the banners have historic archetypes. Most of them are from the 12th - 14th century. And most of them are German, French, Italian, British. Few are Almohad and Eastern European. Hope you like them. You are very welcome to use them, I appreciate if you give me credits as soon as you use them for your mod.
A lot of this was done working for and being inspired by the great mod Europe 1200. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,132.0.html
Check it out! It's more than worth it.
Critics and praise are welcome.

There is a total of 168 banners (11.8 MB).

See pictures on Imgur, link below (You'll have to save them as .dds files.):

Pictures:

Last edited:
Just in case. :mrgreen: .... Well now in case: All the links are gone, as some years have past. I guess not a lot of people are interested in these banners any more. But if, just send me a pm. I'll send you the files. Apart from that: See you on Bannerlord?

Last edited:
Congratulations, dude! good stuff here! But I am curious... how did you manage to make these banners? I mean, they look very well-made and there are so many... :smile:

Please, dude can you help me. I want to change banners in game. ( I use photoshop )
But I have one problem, I take empty banner

6fab.png

and make my own banner

o073.png

Then I replace one banner in banners_a.dds, fill layers and save as DDS file.

8dwb.png

But in game perfect lines of the cross which I'm using on my banner are distorted ( curved a bit ).
How can I fix that? Maybe it's somethings in photoshop. Anyway, thank you.

s8ya.jpg

akua.jpg

I have an idea! I think that what happened with your banner is that there is a normalmap applied to the banner, so you have to discard tangent directions in OpenBRF and it will be fixed, but I am not sure, because I have never changed a banner, and I don't even know if there is a mesh for the banners  :lol:

if aybody can help me, how di i use this in game? i mean, i'm still new and i've learned how to use custom helmets and armors from osp packs but i've never tried banner

redscreamer said:
if aybody can help me, how di i use this in game? i mean, i'm still new and i've learned how to use custom helmets and armors from osp packs but i've never tried banner
All right, already informed you but for anyone else with that question:

Simply exchange the existing banner.dds files in your mod's texture folder with the ones you downloaded (you'll need to rename the downloaded ones). Make a backup! These banners are designed for vertical use. So if aplied to horizontal ones, weird effects may appear. (therefore the backup)
Please note that you'll might have to adjust the heraldic background colours, if implemented in the mod you are running. (Search for tutorials in the forge, some coding needed)

You can adjust the textures via OpenBRF with >Selected >>Transform texture coords

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
I seem to be having issues viewing the textures in OpenBRF when I import them or try to add them to my banner mesh.
Open the files with DXTBmp (or your prefered programm) and resave as you wish.
If you need help with all the different dds settings, FantasyWarrior made some nice overview here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20178.msg6747982.html#msg6747982

But as soon as you overwrote the old .dds files you'll find the new textures in OpenBrf. You don't have to import them. If I get what's your problem.

I wish to add new banners to my mod, not overwrite the originals since I've encountered the "not enough banners for heroes" error, which is why I am trying to adjust them to my banner mesh, not sure what's going on since this is the first time OpenBRF has failed to load up imported textures, I'll try some tricks to see if I can get them to work.

Franz_Ferdinand said:
Please, dude can you help me. I want to change banners in game. ( I use photoshop )
But I have one problem, I take empty banner

6fab.png

and make my own banner

o073.png

Then I replace one banner in banners_a.dds, fill layers and save as DDS file.

8dwb.png

But in game perfect lines of the cross which I'm using on my banner are distorted ( curved a bit ).
How can I fix that? Maybe it's somethings in photoshop. Anyway, thank you.

s8ya.jpg

akua.jpg

I don't know exactly why that happens. But it must have to deal with the mesh itself I think. I had the same effect as you desribed it and solved it by simply taking the mesh from a banner where the lines are 'stable' in OpenBrf.
How to: Reimport the mesh for the bad looking banner from a good looking one and change the texture coordinates till it has the required texture. Remember to give it the same name as it had before!

Pictures:

Bad looking banner:
78xk.jpg

Good looking one - Export mesh
i0zr.jpg

Bad one again - reimport mesh from good looking banner (rename before)
px3m.jpg

Texture has changed with reimportet mesh - Transform the coordinates till you find the texture you want to be displayed
n9zo.jpg

Happy end:
j4yi.jpg

SAVE!

Thanks!

By the way - if you guys would let me know what mod you are using the banners for, I'd be interested - just for the record. If you are using them as a modder. Otherwise - lots of fun and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom