Other Qualis Gem in RB hideout

Users who are viewing this thread

Lyamzi

Recruit
Is there a way with tweaks or mods to reset the Qualis gem in the RB hideout so thats its there everytime you pickup the rumour?

It comes so rarely, it wouldnt be game breaking and give some more reasons to ride half way across the map late game.

No, that chest is static unfortunately. Just take out the various personalities, Wolfbode or Zulkar are good sources of Qualis gems. Noldor tournaments are also a fair source of them.

Not sure if this would even work, but you could try adding qualis gems to the inventories of units specific to the lair instance, like the leader enemy types, which should give you a small chance to loot one.

You could also add a minority enemy spawn to that party template so as to induce a relatively low drop chance, as giving gems to frequently occurring units could make them too abundant. You might even need to adjust the (Abundance) value for the Gem itself to achieve the best balance.

This is an untested theory, but it might work.

Good idea, but...the abundance value is for mercantile tagged items and if you gave the item to a troop type, everywhere that troop appears has the chance for a gem to be generated. If you want to start the game with more Qualis gems, just add them to the chest using an editor.

Ahh, I didn't know that Abundance only counts towards Merchandise. Still, I think a more "fun" way to do it would be to add a minority spawn to those instances, preferably an extremely rare enemy type. Or he could create a custom troop to fill that role. More exciting than straight-up cheating them in imo.

A bit left-field, but I've always wanted to go artifact hunting in the mines of Aziz. A solo dungeon of sorts where enemies are hard as **** and have a small chance to drop ancient goodies.

Back
Top Bottom